Everything I ever wanted to know about a Maggie,,,and your gonna tell me!!! - Page 26
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Everything I ever wanted to know about a Maggie,,,and your gonna tell me!!! in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by rand49er I went from 350 rwhp on a DynoJet to current numbers. Approximately +140 rwhp with the ...
    Twitch is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V, '00 SLS, 98 SLS, 89 Eldo, '80 Eldo

Re: Everything I ever wanted to know about a Maggie,,,and your gonna tell me!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rand49er View Post
    I went from 350 rwhp on a DynoJet to current numbers.

Approximately +140 rwhp with the maggie.
    DAUMN! 350 with or without headers?

blownchevy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Funny, every kit ( well over 100) I ever sold or installed gained 125 RWHP or more. Seems to me there is more to your story of 68 RWHP gain that has not come to light. If you were that rich I would suspect an install issue such as a vacuum leak. Have you looked into your install?

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by Twitch View Post
    DAUMN! 350 with or without headers?
    With headers, with hi-flo cats, with stock intake, with StealthV tune ... that's about what most people were/are getting.

There's no reason, as suggested by Brian, that you guys shouldn't see similar results as I have, unless you've neglected to enhance the exhale part ... Tony! (j/k)

Without headers, you might only see +120 to 130 rwhp (I'm just guessing), but "68" indicates something seriously wrong with the install or the maggie or the tune or all of the above.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

onebadcad is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '09 V BR 4dr 6spd,'05 C6R 1400+HP, '05 V BEST EVA!!

My LS6 w/Maggie and mild cam got me 490RWHP, with B&B headers, X-pipe and exhaust. If you ain't getting 120-130RWHP increase, keep trying.

SlvrVee is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by blownchevy View Post
    Funny, every kit ( well over 100) I ever sold or installed gained 125 RWHP or more. Seems to me there is more to your story of 68 RWHP gain that has not come to light. If you were that rich I would suspect an install issue such as a vacuum leak. Have you looked into your install?

Nothing more to the story. Those are the dyno numbers I didn't make them up. After my Kooks headers and Corsa install in 7/7/06 I had the car tuned at CarteK in NJ 354.4 HP and torque 334.0.(note the date)

The following year on 3/31/2007 two members of this forum and myself went to TT Performance and had a couple of dyno runs. My results were 349.32 HP and 336.58 TQ which was more or less on par with Cartek.

After the maggie install I by passed Mustang Magic less than 1/2 mile from my home and Vette Doctors maybe 10 miles away to return to TT Performace in NJ, 2hrs and 75 miles from my home(not to mention tolls and traffic) so that I can get the car dynoed on the very same machine as before. I previously had an issue with the idle speed, and I had a mechanic that I know inject smoke into the intake and we discovered two leaks which we fixed. One was the throttle body gasket was installed backwards and one clamp not tightened enough. After making the necessary fixes we added smoke again and checks for leaks, there were none. My car has a new fuel filter, new Acdelco Iridium plugs and a new set of MSD wires.

Blown there is nothing else to the story. I respect your many contributions to this forum and also feel very comfortable in the knowing that if there is a problem with my maggie that Magnuson would take care of it. I am not criticizing either you or Magnuson but quiet the opposite, I am encouraging at least one member of this forum to get a maggie. (He can attest to this if he wants to.)

Finally even though the numbers are not what some others got the car pulls and runs very hard, but since I have not driven another maggied V I really can't tell if it running as it should. I don't think that I overlooked anything during the install but any help and advise that you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Linden

Linden, so you got 91hp/90tq with the TT tune. Guess I missed that in my previous post. Still on the low side, though.

Could it be that you possibly have a 3.1" pulley?
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

Could be the pulley but I'm not sure, got to measure it and see but I think it's 2.8 because during the dyno session Matt hooked up a boost gauge and I was getting 5-6 lbs and peaking at 7 lbs. Yeah I got 91 HP after the tune but from what I have been reading the average is about that (90 hp) without a tune and maybe 120 - 130ish with a tune. So far I'm happy but a little more HP would make me even happier. Will touch bases later with Magnuson and see if I may have missed something during the install and also to double check on the pulley size.

Quote Originally Posted by SlvrVee View Post
    Could be the pulley but I'm not sure, got to measure it and see but I think it's 2.8 because during the dyno session Matt hooked up a boost gauge and I was getting 5-6 lbs and peaking at 7 lbs. Yeah I got 91 HP after the tune but from what I have been reading the average is about that (90 hp) without a tune and maybe 120 - 130ish with a tune. So far I'm happy but a little more HP would make me even happier. Will touch bases later with Magnuson and see if I may have missed something during the install and also to double check on the pulley size.
    The size is stamped right into the pulley; no need to measure it.

However, if you're getting 5-6 psi, I'd say you're running a 2.8". During my tune last May, the tuner monitored boost, and it ran about 5 psi until right at the end when it peaked at 5.8. I assume it was an accurate reading.

And you're sure you're not too rich? If you're richer than about 11:1 A/F, then that might explain it, too. Max power is going to be around 12.5-13:1, but tuners will run them a bit richer to keep the charge quenched to better resist detonation. Could your guy have been way too conservative either on the A/F or on the timing to avoid knock issues?

Something still is not adding up here.

CTSV_510 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '06 Z06, '05 CTS-V 453rwhp/434rwtq (sold)

Well I definitely need to get back to the dyno. It's killing me not knowing where I'm at, gain wise.

If I'm going to the dyno, I'll get my boost checked and might as well get tuned while I'm there, no?

Even with the Magnuson tune he only got 68hp, so its not his tuner. Something doesn't add up.
    Now I want to get another dyno run. Dunno which would be better? Go to Mustang magic again, for an accurate reading of my gain. Or go to TT Performance to see how mine measures up to Lindens numbers.
    Deff not doing a tune though.
    Hey Tom, how far is your guy from NYC?

Quote Originally Posted by Twitch View Post
    Even with the Magnuson tune he only got 68hp, so its not his tuner. Something doesn't add up.
    Now I want to get another dyno run. Dunno which would be better? Go to Mustang magic again, for an accurate reading of my gain. Or go to TT Performance to see how mine measures up to Lindens numbers.
    Deff not doing a tune though.
    Hey Tom, how far is your guy from NYC?
    I just spoke to my shop. I am getting in for either this Friday or next Friday for dyno runs & tuning on the same dyno I was on last time.

Tony - Race Proven Motorsports is 2 hrs and 9 minutes from NYC (116 miles) according to mapquest.

Tony
    heading over to Mustang Magic right now they are only about 10 blocks away from me. Will have their #'s in about an hour. Who knows it could have been the dyno was not calibrated correctly before the run. This happened at Cartek when I first got the car dynoed back in '06 the numbers were pretty low, then they realized that they had not reset bake on the dyno after tuning a twin turbo Hummer H2.

Quote Originally Posted by CTSV_510 View Post
    I just spoke to my shop. I am getting in for either this Friday or next Friday for dyno runs & tuning on the same dyno I was on last time.

Tony - Race Proven Motorsports is 2 hrs and 9 minutes from NYC (116 miles) according to mapquest.
    Kinda far just for a dyno pull.

Quote Originally Posted by SlvrVee View Post
    Tony
    heading over to Mustang Magic right now they are only about 10 blocks away from me. Will have their #'s in about an hour. Who knows it could have been the dyno was not calibrated correctly before the run. This happened at Cartek when I first got the car dynoed back in '06 the numbers were pretty low, then they realized that they had not reset bake on the dyno after tuning a twin turbo Hummer H2.
    Been meaning to call them about a Sat. appointment. I'll head over there soon. Then we'll have my before/after numbers. And we'll have your numbers on the same Dyno also. That should give us a real good idea of where we're at. And it would help with trouble shooting (if we need it).
    What do you guys think? With his headers, he should be about 30hp more than me?

Tony - did you ever see this graph?

http://www.stealthv.com/images/custo...wayComparo.jpg

I'm getting excited

onebadcad is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '09 V BR 4dr 6spd,'05 C6R 1400+HP, '05 V BEST EVA!!

Quote Originally Posted by MauiV View Post
    Maggie Install procedure:

Drop off to guy that has done this a couple hundred times vs my zero.

Pay bill.

Drive home.

At least I hope it all goes this easily, it looks good on paper.
    As the Guinness Bros say, 'BRILLIANT'!!!!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.