Everything I ever wanted to know about a Maggie,,,and your gonna tell me!!! - Page 25
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 32 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Everything I ever wanted to know about a Maggie,,,and your gonna tell me!!! in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; This sounds positive. Hope your back to 6mpg by the end of the day....
    Twitch is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V, '00 SLS, 98 SLS, 89 Eldo, '80 Eldo

Re: Everything I ever wanted to know about a Maggie,,,and your gonna tell me!!!

This sounds positive.
    Hope your back to 6mpg by the end of the day.
    '05 Platinum l LPE CAI l Magnaflow l V1 (hardwired), w/ custom mount l UUC shifter l UUC Alcantara shift knob l K9 GEAR rear seat cover lHID fogs lHotchkis sways lCG-Lock l Specter Bushings l FG2s l Ground control 550/600 l MAGGIE 439RWHP/414RWTQ (Dynojet) l Heavys fire extinguisher bracket l Interceptor scan-gauge l Billet pedals l Meth l NO HEADERS l Original diff l 90mm upgrade l 2.6" drive pulley l LS7 clutch w/16lb. FW l Alcantara

heavymetals is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 05 maggied CTS-V, 03 maggied Z06

Your not the first one to have water collect in the knock sensor "hole".

Guys on LS1 tech have had that problem.

Invitation to disaster when you "power wash" the motor.

Run a bead of silicone around the rim and then seat the rubber plug.

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

So, it was shorting out giving false/no signals to the PCM?

We had six inches of rain last weekend. Man, am I glad my V stays in the garage.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

CTSV_510 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '06 Z06, '05 CTS-V 453rwhp/434rwtq (sold)

I am now a pro at removing and reinstalling maggies (3rd? 4th time? ).

New knock sensor went in today. I wasn't going to chance re-using the old one.

Went out for a test drive and tried to get through several iginition/driving cycles to get the MIL light on, but no sucess. I should have the light come on soon considering I don't have any rear 02 sensor plugged in. I'll have to wait until some more driving tomorrow to confirm that the new sensor is working without issue.

Now back to the initial problem - I went for several WOT runs and it happened again, but only one time. I think if the maganavolt was the problem then I wouldn't be able to start the car again. I checked and rechecked the whole vacuum/boost hose and it is 100% in good condition and not pinched.

If this turns out to be a fuel issue might it be worth replacing the fuel filter (I'm at 42k miles)? Obviously it can't hurt, but if it is not flowing properly then it could be the suspect, no? I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow.

Fuel pressure test today. 59 psi at idle.

Holds steady with throttle until WOT, then falls to about 57 psi for a split second before bouncing back up to 62, then falls back to normal 59.

WOT runs today resulted in nothing but a big

Code checks show only rear 02 related codes, nothing related to knock sensor or IAT.

I did notice that my exhaust tips are blacker than I have ever noticed before. Rich Magnuson tune.

Just about to ask a ques when your last three words answered it.

Do you have a plan to get a better tune? Besides a bit more power, the tuner MAY be able to tell if something's not quite right. Just a thought.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

Quote Originally Posted by rand49er View Post
    Just about to ask a ques when your last three words answered it.

Do you have a plan to get a better tune? Besides a bit more power, the tuner MAY be able to tell if something's not quite right. Just a thought.
    I had it planned for the spring, so that means I'll probably have a new tune by next saturday.

I was thinking the same thing though. We'll see if this issue stays away. If it comes back, time to visit the tuner.

I was thinking about that myself. After a brief WOT (run outa room quick) it smells like burnt gas.
    No tune till I do another mod. That'll be a while.
    '05 Platinum l LPE CAI l Magnaflow l V1 (hardwired), w/ custom mount l UUC shifter l UUC Alcantara shift knob l K9 GEAR rear seat cover lHID fogs lHotchkis sways lCG-Lock l Specter Bushings l FG2s l Ground control 550/600 l MAGGIE 439RWHP/414RWTQ (Dynojet) l Heavys fire extinguisher bracket l Interceptor scan-gauge l Billet pedals l Meth l NO HEADERS l Original diff l 90mm upgrade l 2.6" drive pulley l LS7 clutch w/16lb. FW l Alcantara

Quote Originally Posted by Twitch View Post
    ... another mod. ...

SlvrVee is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by CTSV_510 View Post

Code checks show only rear 02 related codes, nothing related to knock sensor or IAT.

I did notice that my exhaust tips are blacker than I have ever noticed before. Rich Magnuson tune.
    Had my car dyno at TT Performance last summer after my header and exhaust install, so I took it back to see back to see what I gained with the maggie. First off the maggie tune was overly rich spewing gas out the exhaust.

BEFORE maggie (with TTP tune) 349.32 HP and 336.58 tq.
    With maggie and mageussen tune 417.60 hp and 395.32 tq. Gained 68.28 hp and 58.74 tq.

With TTP tune 440.09 hp and 426.12 tq. Gained 22.49 hp and 30.8 tq over the mageussen tune.

Total gain with maggie and TTP tune 91 hp and 90 tq.

MauiV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Tis Gone :(

Im thinkiing those are the numbers Twitch has been lookin for. Mine is being dyno tuned with the Maggie install.

68hp 58tq totals gains with the magnuson tune?

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!

That's HALF of what they advertise!

terminal Velocity is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

And that's on a DynoJet.

Kinda disappointing, but I'm not surprised .
    How did it feel befoe/after Maggie, and before/after tune?
    My low RPM throttle response could be better. How's yours?

I went from 350 rwhp on a DynoJet to current numbers.

Approximately +140 rwhp with the maggie.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.