Everything I ever wanted to know about a Maggie,,,and your gonna tell me!!! - Page 18
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 32 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Everything I ever wanted to know about a Maggie,,,and your gonna tell me!!! in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by blownchevy I dont know. A problem with the hand held is VERY rare, I will speak with ...
    Twitch is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V, '00 SLS, 98 SLS, 89 Eldo, '80 Eldo

Re: Everything I ever wanted to know about a Maggie,,,and your gonna tell me!!!

Quote Originally Posted by blownchevy View Post
    I dont know. A problem with the hand held is VERY rare, I will speak with the calibration department tomorrow and see what we can do for you. Dont panic, UPS next day to the rescue!
    I tried to get it back to stock. Even if it didn't run perfect, I could still move it if I needed to. I my situation, it was worth all the extra work.
    At this point, I'll be happy if all is well by Friday. That's when I expect the Maggie back (based on Toms turnaround). I'm worried because the tuner can't communicate with the PCM. Even if you sent another tuner Tuesday, it wouldn't work. If, by any chance, you can do something with the PCM, I'll send it out Tuesday.
    David has my number,,,,but if the phones ringing as you walk in the door, it's probably me

I wanna keep my options open. If anybody has any other ideas, let me know. Hopefully this gets fixed without getting a new PCM.
    Thanks

Tony

SkullV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): NONE

Quote Originally Posted by Twitch View Post
    I tried to get it back to stock. Even if it didn't run perfect, I could still move it if I needed to. I my situation, it was worth all the extra work.
    At this point, I'll be happy if all is well by Friday. That's when I expect the Maggie back (based on Toms turnaround). I'm worried because the tuner can't communicate with the PCM. Even if you sent another tuner Tuesday, it wouldn't work. If, by any chance, you can do something with the PCM, I'll send it out Tuesday.
    David has my number,,,,but if the phones ringing as you walk in the door, it's probably me

I wanna keep my options open. If anybody has any other ideas, let me know. Hopefully this gets fixed without getting a new PCM.
    Thanks

Tony
    If worst comes to worst you can get a Wait 4 Me PCM for $160 and reflash it for the maggie.

MauiV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Tis Gone :(

So how many folks daily drive their Maggie?

How big of an influence is it on mpg? Engine heat?

Anything that is a PITA about it or even just annoying?

Quote Originally Posted by MauiV View Post

Wasn't sure about the noise at first, so I drove it for a couple days.
    1. You right foot will kill your mpg. Highway's not too bad though.
    2. My temps were 195-210.
    3. ....see answer 1....

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

1) Don't daily drive it, here ... very fortunate to have a 30+ MPG Ford Focus for that. But, if I had to, you wouldn't even notice it was supercharged except if you put your foot into it.

2) Maggie cost me a little fuel economy, but not much ... maybe 0.5 to 1.0 MPG overall. I get about 19.5 with each and every tank for mixed driving. I do NOT drive aggressively at all.

3) Have no engine heat issues. See #2.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

Max-Q is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac CTS-V & Escalade

My wife daily drives our Maggied V. Round trip it's about 50 miles per day with stop and go traffic along with highway and country backroads. I installed the Maggie in May and it's already logged over 6,000 miles without so much as a hickup. The car runs perfect even during stop and go traffic in 100 degree temps.

The gas mileage is down quite a bit. When I drive it I can blame the go pedal but my wife drives a lot more conservatively (although she did get stopped last week ) and the gas mileage is still pretty bad.

The operating temps are identical to stock. I do notice more heat after it's parked but as a rule we open the hood immediately when we get home. We've been doing this ever since we had our STi and Evo. Forced induction cars will run hotter than NA cars. It's a simple fact but the V's cooling system is more than capable of handling the extra heat.

I'm going to get on my soap box here but I've been reading a lot of negatives on the Magnuson supercharger lately which is unfortunate. I bought my kit brand new in May 2008 and installed it in two days. I am hardly what you would call a mechanic but I followed all the directions and everything went together very well. The kit and directions are the best I've ever seen. The car has run perfect since day one and the power difference is amazing.

I am a 100% satisfied customer and I would recommend this kit to anyone who owns a V. The DYI install was such a satisfying experience that I would be more than willing to help out anyone else.

Don't let a few bad bearings ruin what otherwise is a great and well deserved reputation. I feel really bad for those of you who had trouble with your Maggie. It must be frustrating but it seems Magnuson is standing behind their product.

Update: Talked to David. He said to send them the PCM, and they'll try to fix it. Maggie went out this morning, so I'll send the PCM Tuesday, next day air. That way they'll both get there Wednesday, and hopefully, be back Friday.
    How do I remove the PCM? I checked the FAQ, but it only says that it's in the front. Can anybody be more specific?
    Thanks

heavymetals is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 05 maggied CTS-V, 03 maggied Z06

Quote Originally Posted by heavymetals View Post
    Actually, that's what I was talking about. Is it left, right, center? Is it near anything?
    I'd hate to get under there, and start cursing

blownchevy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

If I remember correctly it is on the Drivers Side. I am not 100% sure.

Cool thanks

2004ctsv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTSV

The bottom plate is held in with a bolt and two tabs on the side opposite from the bolt hole. After taking the bolt out, sllde the plate TOWARDS the bolt hold to free the tabs.

Do not try to pull the plate down directly after unbolting.

Quote Originally Posted by blownchevy View Post
    If I remember correctly it is on the Drivers Side. I am not 100% sure.
    BTW what should I do about the tuner. I'm assuming the PCM will come back with the Maggie tune on it. But if I ever sell the car, I may need to pull the Maggie. Wouldn't want this to happen then.

blownchevy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Twitch View Post
    BTW what should I do about the tuner. I'm assuming the PCM will come back with the Maggie tune on it. But if I ever sell the car, I may need to pull the Maggie. Wouldn't want this to happen then.
    if its not to late send the hand held with the PCM

PCM's a lot bigger than I thought. Its going out with the tuner tuesday morning, next day air.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.