Everything I ever wanted to know about a Maggie,,,and your gonna tell me!!! - Page 17
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 32 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Everything I ever wanted to know about a Maggie,,,and your gonna tell me!!! in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by SlvrVee Its throwing code P0507 idle air control. Have to recheck that connection Check the line that ...
    2004ctsv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTSV

Re: Everything I ever wanted to know about a Maggie,,,and your gonna tell me!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SlvrVee View Post
    Its throwing code P0507 idle air control. Have to recheck that connection
    Check the line that runs acrosss the firewall to the Magnavolt - that one stumped me

Twitch is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V, '00 SLS, 98 SLS, 89 Eldo, '80 Eldo

Quote Originally Posted by SlvrVee View Post
    Its throwing code P0507 idle air control. Have to recheck that connection
    Well?????????
    Quote Originally Posted by CTSV_510 View Post
    Maggie is back and she looks beautiful! Now if only the weather would cooperate long enough today for me to get it back on. Come on, I only need about 30 minutes!!!
    Next time I log on, you'll be talking about how nice your car runs. I'll be talking about how I just washed and covered mine for the week .
    Hod hell.........lol

Mod hell just got worse!

Took off the Maggie today, so I could ship it back to be repaired. Thought I'd put the car back to stock, cuz I have to go to court Monday. Put the motor back together, and turned it over just for a quick check. She tried to run, but obviously died out. That's normal with the Maggie tune. So I connect the Maggie tuner:
    It communicates, shows my VIN, says PCM has been modified, asks if I want to return to stock, I hit "yes". Tuner does its thing and shows a * in the display. This means it's saving the tune thats in the PCM. Look at the tuner a couple minutes later (too early for it to be finished), and it says "no signal from PCM", "check cable and turn ignition on". I give it another couple minutes, same thing. So I unplug it, and start over. This time, it doesn't find the PCM at all. Now the car wont even crank.
    I tried everything I could think of. Disconnected the battery for at least twenty minutes. Checked all the fuses. Even tried my other superchips tuner. That one told me that the "ignition is not in the run position".
    I think my PCM just got F*d.
    Anybody know if you can "reboot" the PCM?
    I'll call Magnuson in the AM, but I don't know what they can do if the PCM is shot.
    Can't go to the dealer with something like this.
    Should I order a "wait for me" PCM tuned for a Maggie?
    Thanks

Tony

BTW Tom just called. He's stuck on the side of the road. Sounded like his Magnavolt might have gone bad. Told him to reconnect the grey wires in the trunk. Hope that does it.

YUP Mod hell.........

heavymetals is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 05 maggied CTS-V, 03 maggied Z06

Murphy's law.

If you can find him, I would yank the PCM and get Stealth to tune it.

Start looking for something else to drive.

Quote Originally Posted by heavymetals View Post

Start looking for something else to drive.
    Gee thanks, that was a great help lol
    I probably should try Rick. Just hard to throw anothe $500 into this right now. I wasn't planning on getting a real tune till I figured out if I want any more mods.

heavymetals is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 05 maggied CTS-V, 03 maggied Z06

I meant that as meaning your V isn't going anywhere (doesn't sound like it).

Sorry your stuck, but the down time shouldn't be that bad.

MauiV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Tis Gone :(

Im feeling better and better about this $650 install and then Im probably just gonna get the dyno tune at the same time.

Im am the least patient person on the planet so I would probably have pushed my car off a cliff by now if this had been me.

Hope you guys get your cars back together soon

The Maggie should be back by Friday. Hopefully I can get this PCM issue straightened out by then.

Toms car is done. Just hope this was a Magnavolt, and he got it going again. At least his V wont be sitting till he gets another one.

CTSV_510 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '06 Z06, '05 CTS-V 453rwhp/434rwtq (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by Twitch View Post
    Next time I log on, you'll be talking about how nice your car runs. I'll be talking about how I just washed and covered mine for the week .
    Hod hell.........lol
    Yup, it was running great for about 10 minutes until the magnavolt died. I noticed that it started revving weird - like the throttle response started getting worse. When I gave it about 2/3 throttle it would kind of hiccup, then kick in. All of a sudden the revs dropped down down down down....

BTW Tom just called. He's stuck on the side of the road. Sounded like his Magnavolt might have gone bad. Told him to reconnect the grey wires in the trunk. Hope that does it.
    I ended up cutting and connecting the black and white wires from the large grey wire that runs under the car. It was easier from under the hood and I had a lot more wire length there. It started right up after that, and ran fine for the drive home.

I guess I should have taken the advice from SeattleCTS-V and added extra grounding wires to the Magnavolt.

Unbelievable! One thing after another. David's going to love hearing from me again...

I think my PCM just got F*d.
    Anybody know if you can "reboot" the PCM?
    I think your PCM is F*D too. Something must have interrupted the communications, and from what I've read that means your PCM is pretty much fried. You're probably going to have to get a new one,and StealthV I believe is still living out of a hotel.

I would order a wait4me tuned PCM for only $160 or whatever it is.

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Geez, you guys are having all kinds of Mod Hell fun.

I'm sure that ground connection is the problem with the Magnavolt,Tom. And it's hard to believe your PCM is "F***D", Tony ... may just need to be reprogrammed? I mean, what would have caused it to fry?

When I see this all happening, I just count my blessings. Good luck, guys. Hope Magnuson has some good words of wisdom tomorrow.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

terminal Velocity is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Yeah, I don't ever want a Maggie...

I don't think its fried. I think as the tuner was pulling the maggie tune, something happened. Now there's missing information. So the tuner can't communicate with the PCM, and the PCM won't start the car. Obviously this is just my best guess.

blownchevy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by terminal Velocity View Post
    Yeah, I don't ever want a Maggie...
    Do not let the problems of a few skew the success of this system.

I don't think its fried. I think as the tuner was pulling the maggie tune, something happened. Now there's missing information. So the tuner can't communicate with the PCM, and the PCM won't start the car. Obviously this is just my best guess.

Sounds about right......I am guessing there was something aftermarket on at the same time as the downloader.

Quote Originally Posted by blownchevy View Post
    Do not let the problems of a few skew the success of this system.

Sounds about right......I am guessing there was something aftermarket on at the same time as the downloader.
    What could it have been? Only have the V1 hardwired, but it was off. I have another superchips tuner. I used that one a few times with no problems.
    I'm stumped on this.

blownchevy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I dont know. A problem with the hand held is VERY rare, I will speak with the calibration department tomorrow and see what we can do for you. Dont panic, UPS next day to the rescue!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.