Everything I ever wanted to know about a Maggie,,,and your gonna tell me!!! - Page 16
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 32 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Everything I ever wanted to know about a Maggie,,,and your gonna tell me!!! in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by Twitch Warrenty shmarrenty, don't be a wus Congrats...
    rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Re: Everything I ever wanted to know about a Maggie,,,and your gonna tell me!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Twitch View Post
    Warrenty shmarrenty, don't be a wus
    Congrats
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

MauiV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Tis Gone :(

LOL. Thanks for the words of encouragement ladies.

So whats a fair price on a freelanced install?

Well I found a shop in Louisville that quoted $650 for the install and the guy said he has installed a tn of roots type blowers but never on a V.

Fair price?

They also charge $450 for a dyno tune but said it can go much higher because of the injector swap.

I think Im gonna skip that and go to a "good ol boy" a couple hours away that is highly respected in the field.

Twitch is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V, '00 SLS, 98 SLS, 89 Eldo, '80 Eldo

Quote Originally Posted by MauiV View Post
    Well I found a shop in Louisville that quoted $650 for the install and the guy said he has installed a tn of roots type blowers but never on a V.

Fair price?

They also charge $450 for a dyno tune but said it can go much higher because of the injector swap.

I think Im gonna skip that and go to a "good ol boy" a couple hours away that is highly respected in the field.
    $650 is a great price, but does he know how big the job is?

What can go much higher? The price of tune?

Whoever does it, show them the manual. You don't want them turning around and charging you a lot more cuz they didn't know whats involved.

You will need a tune with the 2.6 pully.

Update: Got my shipping label last night. I'm sending the Maggie out Monday morning.
    Lost my original box for it. Anybody know the minimum dimensions for the box with all the foam and Maggie in it?

Tony

CTSV_510 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '06 Z06, '05 CTS-V 453rwhp/434rwtq (sold)

Update: Got my shipping label last night. I'm sending the Maggie out Monday morning.
    Lost my original box for it. Anybody know the minimum dimensions for the box with all the foam and Maggie in it?

Tony
    The box was 31" X 21" X 19"

$650 is a great price, but does he know how big the job is?

What can go much higher? The price of tune?

Whoever does it, show them the manual. You don't want them turning around and charging you a lot more cuz they didn't know whats involved.

You will need a tune with the 2.6 pully.

Yeah he was looking at the manual online as I talked to him. He has been with this shop for 18 years and is ASE certified. He said he has done a ton of rots type installs and many one-off turbos so he sounds like he knows his shit.

He said the dyno tune for a F/I car goes for $450 but since there is an injector swap involved it usually takes longer so that can drive the price up. I am still waiting to hear back from the guy a couple hours away to see what he will charge and if he can do the 2.6 swap at the same time.

BTW, where do I get the 2.6 and does it require a belt swap too?

Quote Originally Posted by CTSV_510 View Post
    The box was 31" X 21" X 19"

Thanks Tom
    We'll be expecting updates tomorrow.
    Mine is coming off Sunday. I'll see how much work is involved in getting it back to stock. Just in case I need to move it.
    Quote Originally Posted by MauiV View Post
    Yeah he was looking at the manual online as I talked to him. He has been with this shop for 18 years and is ASE certified. He said he has done a ton of rots type installs and many one-off turbos so he sounds like he knows his shit.

He said the dyno tune for a F/I car goes for $450 but since there is an injector swap involved it usually takes longer so that can drive the price up. I am still waiting to hear back from the guy a couple hours away to see what he will charge and if he can do the 2.6 swap at the same time.

BTW, where do I get the 2.6 and does it require a belt swap too?
    Luke should have the 2.6. If your paying for a tune anyway, might as well go for it. Little more HP, but a bunch of torque.

Thanks Tom
    We'll be expecting updates tomorrow.
    Mine is coming off Sunday. I'll see how much work is involved in getting it back to stock. Just in case I need to move it.
    Of course you'll get an update tomorrow - but it might be that the weather was too bad to get it back on (I don't have a garage ). The weather is calling for 90% change of precipitation and high winds all day. Damn tropical storms. It may not go back on until Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by CTSV_510 View Post
    Of course you'll get an update tomorrow - but it might be that the weather was too bad to get it back on (I don't have a garage ). The weather is calling for 90% change of precipitation and high winds all day. Damn tropical storms. It may not go back on until Sunday.
    I'm tellin ya, we're neck and neck. Only difference is I'm going backwards right now

SlvrVee is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Gentlemen we have ignition Just finished up today and all I can say is wow. Already drawing attention, went to Mcdonalds and I had an audience. Check engine light is on and the car is idling high, from 800-900 rpms to 2000 then back down. I guess the computer is relearning.

A big thank you all the members of this forum, I really appreciate all the help

Thanks
    Linden

blownchevy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by SlvrVee View Post
    Gentlemen we have ignition Just finished up today and all I can say is wow. Already drawing attention, went to Mcdonalds and I had an audience. Check engine light is on and the car is idling high, from 800-900 rpms to 2000 then back down. I guess the computer is relearning.

A big thank you all the members of this forum, I really appreciate all the help

Thanks
    Linden
    you need to check for a vacuum leak. Please have the PCM scanned for the code as well.

SlvrVee is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by blownchevy View Post
    you need to check for a vacuum leak. Please have the PCM scanned for the code as well.
    Its throwing code P0507 idle air control. Have to recheck that connection

Maggie is back and she looks beautiful! Now if only the weather would cooperate long enough today for me to get it back on. Come on, I only need about 30 minutes!!!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.