Everything I ever wanted to know about a Maggie,,,and your gonna tell me!!! - Page 15
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Everything I ever wanted to know about a Maggie,,,and your gonna tell me!!! in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by heavymetals The one on my C5 Z06 has the same get up. yeah, I forgot about the ...
    Max-Q is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac CTS-V & Escalade

Re: Everything I ever wanted to know about a Maggie,,,and your gonna tell me!!!

Quote Originally Posted by heavymetals View Post
    The one on my C5 Z06 has the same get up.
    yeah, I forgot about the GTO and G8 setups too. Basically all LSx series engine would probably have the same setup since the throttle body and intake connect to the front unlike the Cobra which connects to the rear. Of course that car was designed to use the supercharger so it's no wonder it would be a cleaner system.

2004ctsv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTSV

I had a Buick Ultra w/ an Eaton blower like the Magnusson s/c. The car now belongs to my wife's cousin, has 180,000 miles on it and is still going strong.

onebadcad is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '09 V BR 4dr 6spd,'05 C6R 1400+HP, '05 V BEST EVA!!

Quote Originally Posted by Max-Q View Post
    That's the mounting area for a bypass actuator for a different application. Remember, the actual supercharger is supplied by Eaton. It is used on a wide variety of vehicles and I would guess most are turned around the correct way. Ours may be the only odd ball that requires a shaft instead of a pulley directly on the front of the charger.
    Thanks Max, there was the only reason I could come up with.
    Still need answers/remedy for hose clamp and 90mm set-up.

blownchevy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by onebadcad View Post

1) Hose clamp for coolant line in front of TB, why not thread the inlet and sell kit with a braided hose that requires no clamp, the clamp is touching the shaft, the second line on the driver's side does not have any clearance issues, the connection should have been made higher, as unit would accomodate if 1/2" higher, I think someone (Heavymetals?) fabricated a connection to eliminate this problem, another fix would have been to utilize a hose with a smaller diameter provided it did not impede flow, thus increase engine temp
    I have installed well over 50 of these superchargers myself and the hose clamp is close, however if it is clocked properly it will NOT come in contact with the driveshaft.
    2) On the 90mm TB, the motor (GM part) touches the shaft, there is no play available, I could place a postcard between the two, but way too close for comfort, I realize your testing may have included another brand TB but none was recommended to me so I went with the General
    Every kit is engineered around the factory car. We do not use aftermarket parts when we design these kits. The TB motor is close, however it could be 1mm from the shaft and never hit it.
    3) On passenger side, mid-way back on the unit, there are six threaded holes and an adaptor (for another vehicle specs), this, too, almost touches the shaft, why, what is supposed to go here (on another vehicle?), as already too close without the part
    It is for the bypass actuator, someone mentioned that the superchargers are supplied by EATON. This is an incorrect statement, the only parts that are supplied by EATON are the internal rotating parts. The housing and EVERYTHING else on the kit is Magna Charger's design.
    Also, what is the speed of the shaft compared to the engine, and does the shaft flex at higher RPMs?-this is my concern, as when not running it is already too close. And lastly, how much does a new shaft cost, as I already have a groove started at the point the hose clamp touches the shaft.

Thanks.
    The aux shaft should spin about 2:1 depending on what pulley you have installed on the front. The critical speed of the CF shaft is WAY over what anyone will EVER see on one of these cars. I have seen them spun 20+K without deviation.

SlvrVee is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Help!!
    How do you unclip fuel injector without breaking them?

smackdaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 Escalade EXT

The injectors have a metal clip around them shaped like a U. Push in on the bottom of the U shaped metal clip which will slide the metal clip up a bit and will then release the injector wires. there is a little blue silicone seal in there as well to keep out water. they can fall out if your not paying attention and you will never find them.

CTSV_510 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '06 Z06, '05 CTS-V 453rwhp/434rwtq (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by SlvrVee View Post
    Help!!
    How do you unclip fuel injector without breaking them?
    Quote Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
    The injectors have a metal clip around them shaped like a U. Push in on the bottom of the U shaped metal clip which will slide the metal clip up a bit and will then release the injector wires.

Some of them can be in a difficult spot. Using a flathead screwdriver can help you push the "U" clip in in the bottom side of the connector while you pull up with the other hand.

Make sure when you're pushing the "U" clip in that both sides of the "U" are moving or you won't get the connector off.

Twitch is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V, '00 SLS, 98 SLS, 89 Eldo, '80 Eldo

Seems to be a bunch of us near by. Espacialy with Maggies . Maybe we'll get a new thread going for a tri-state meet.
    '05 Platinum l LPE CAI l Magnaflow l V1 (hardwired), w/ custom mount l UUC shifter l UUC Alcantara shift knob l K9 GEAR rear seat cover lHID fogs lHotchkis sways lCG-Lock l Specter Bushings l FG2s l Ground control 550/600 l MAGGIE 439RWHP/414RWTQ (Dynojet) l Heavys fire extinguisher bracket l Interceptor scan-gauge l Billet pedals l Meth l NO HEADERS l Original diff l 90mm upgrade l 2.6" drive pulley l LS7 clutch w/16lb. FW l Alcantara

SlvrVee is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Thanks guys finally got them off. Just took a quick food break at Step 73. Hopefully I can get most of it done today.

Trying to drain the radiator but dont see a drain cock. Guess I have to disconnect the lower hose

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

When's your estimated completion?
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

onebadcad is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '09 V BR 4dr 6spd,'05 C6R 1400+HP, '05 V BEST EVA!!

Quote Originally Posted by blownchevy View Post
    I have installed well over 50 of these superchargers myself and the hose clamp is close, however if it is clocked properly it will NOT come in contact with the driveshaft.

Every kit is engineered around the factory car. We do not use aftermarket parts when we design these kits. The TB motor is close, however it could be 1mm from the shaft and never hit it.

It is for the bypass actuator, someone mentioned that the superchargers are supplied by EATON. This is an incorrect statement, the only parts that are supplied by EATON are the internal rotating parts. The housing and EVERYTHING else on the kit is Magna Charger's design.

The aux shaft should spin about 2:1 depending on what pulley you have installed on the front. The critical speed of the CF shaft is WAY over what anyone will EVER see on one of these cars. I have seen them spun 20+K without deviation.

Thanks Brian,
    I need to spend a few minutes to correct the hose clamp. Glad to know the CF shaft is over-engineered. As stated earlier, the TB motor and bypass thingamajingy are close, but no contact.

Have you installed a TVS/MP 1900 or TVS/MP 2300 on an LS1 motor yet? If not, I know a great project car, you can have data for six, twelve months.
    If so, what are HP/TQ numbers with corresponding PSI, thanks.

CTSV_510 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '06 Z06, '05 CTS-V 453rwhp/434rwtq (sold)

Update - Magnuson received my maggie today, fixed it and are shipping it out to be delivered to me this Saturday.

David said that there was a front rotor bearing that was pretty bad, so they replaced that as well as the others just to be safe.

I have to say, they're keeping me happy so far. Great customer service!

blownchevy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by CTSV_510 View Post
    Update - Magnuson received my maggie today, fixed it and are shipping it out to be delivered to me this Saturday.

David said that there was a front rotor bearing that was pretty bad, so they replaced that as well as the others just to be safe.

I have to say, they're keeping me happy so far. Great customer service!
    Thats how we roll.

MauiV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Tis Gone :(

Since I am now buying CSP's Maggie with 800 miles on it my 1st question is whats the warrenty status on a buy like this?

Twitch is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V, '00 SLS, 98 SLS, 89 Eldo, '80 Eldo

Quote Originally Posted by MauiV View Post
    Since I am now buying CSP's Maggie with 800 miles on it my 1st question is whats the warrenty status on a buy like this?
    Warrenty shmarrenty, don't be a wus
    Congrats
    '05 Platinum l LPE CAI l Magnaflow l V1 (hardwired), w/ custom mount l UUC shifter l UUC Alcantara shift knob l K9 GEAR rear seat cover lHID fogs lHotchkis sways lCG-Lock l Specter Bushings l FG2s l Ground control 550/600 l MAGGIE 439RWHP/414RWTQ (Dynojet) l Heavys fire extinguisher bracket l Interceptor scan-gauge l Billet pedals l Meth l NO HEADERS l Original diff l 90mm upgrade l 2.6" drive pulley l LS7 clutch w/16lb. FW l Alcantara

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.