Everything I ever wanted to know about a Maggie,,,and your gonna tell me!!! - Page 14
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 32 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Everything I ever wanted to know about a Maggie,,,and your gonna tell me!!! in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by Twitch Really? Its more of a diesel sound in person. I was hoping it was just me ...
    Luna. is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 2009 Black CTS-V

Re: Everything I ever wanted to know about a Maggie,,,and your gonna tell me!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Twitch View Post
    Really? Its more of a diesel sound in person. I was hoping it was just me
    Well, I'll email Brial today, and call Jeff bright n early Tuesday. If I'm lucky, they can do something to numb the pain. I can't do the ground shipping 3-4 weeks thing. No place to keep the car.
    I'm no mechanic, but that sure as heck sounds like a bad bearing to me. I had a fairly similar sound and mine was the bearing...but, like I said, I'm not a mechanic, so takes my words with a grain of salt. FYI--The sound DID get worse in my car as I drove it more miles.

blownchevy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Luna. View Post
    I'm no mechanic, but that sure as heck sounds like a bad bearing to me. I had a fairly similar sound and mine was the bearing...but, like I said, I'm not a mechanic, so takes my words with a grain of salt. FYI--The sound DID get worse in my car as I drove it more miles.
    Have you verified that the bypass actuator on the side is working?

Luna. is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 2009 Black CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by blownchevy View Post
    Have you verified that the bypass actuator on the side is working?
    I haven't verified anything. Amongst other things reviewed/examined, you guys told me it had a bad bearing.

Apologies for the timing of my response, for my car is already back together again after Magnuson took a look at it and fixed the faulty parts.

blownchevy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Luna. View Post
    I haven't verified anything. Amongst other things reviewed/examined, you guys told me it had a bad bearing.

Apologies for the timing of my response, for my car is already back together again after Magnuson took a look at it and fixed the faulty parts.
    then all is well with your supercharger and we will move on to Tony's.

Thanks!

CTSV_510 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '06 Z06, '05 CTS-V 453rwhp/434rwtq (sold)

I spoke to David @ Magnuson this morning - he is sending me a 2nd Day air shipping label to get the maggie back to them. He also said that they would fix it and ship it back the same day that they receive it, which means that I may have it back by this weekend. I'm figuring Monday would be the latest if they don't send for a Saturday delivery. So there's only a couple days here where I have to arrange for a ride to work.

They were expecting my call this morning since Brian obviously is aware of the situation. I am so far happy with what they're doing for me, as I was fearing that this would be a several week process. It is really nice to see a manufacturer stand behind their product, and especially having a company representative contributing to this forum and responding to our questions and concerns.

I'll let you all know as soon as it's back and sitting back under my hood, where it belongs!

Tom

Twitch is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V, '00 SLS, 98 SLS, 89 Eldo, '80 Eldo

That's great Tom
    Glad to hear they're trying to minimize your "loss".

My story? HAH! After a ROUGH morning at work, I tried to call Jeff. My damn phone doesn't work yadda yadda,,,Tmobile bs,,,yadda
    I can't call Cali from work, so I gotta wait till later
    I was thinking of doing what Randy said, and give them a deposit on a second S/C so I don't have down time. Doubt they could do that though.

How long did it take you to remove? Lost a lot of coolant?

Tony
    '05 Platinum l LPE CAI l Magnaflow l V1 (hardwired), w/ custom mount l UUC shifter l UUC Alcantara shift knob l K9 GEAR rear seat cover lHID fogs lHotchkis sways lCG-Lock l Specter Bushings l FG2s l Ground control 550/600 l MAGGIE 439RWHP/414RWTQ (Dynojet) l Heavys fire extinguisher bracket l Interceptor scan-gauge l Billet pedals l Meth l NO HEADERS l Original diff l 90mm upgrade l 2.6" drive pulley l LS7 clutch w/16lb. FW l Alcantara

onebadcad is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '09 V BR 4dr 6spd,'05 C6R 1400+HP, '05 V BEST EVA!!

Here is a question for the Blown Chevy.

I wish I had pictures, but I don't, so please visualize the three issues I have with items located too close to the carbon fiber drive/shaft/driveshaft, etc...:

1) Hose clamp for coolant line in front of TB, why not thread the inlet and sell kit with a braided hose that requires no clamp, the clamp is touching the shaft, the second line on the driver's side does not have any clearance issues, the connection should have been made higher, as unit would accomodate if 1/2" higher, I think someone (Heavymetals?) fabricated a connection to eliminate this problem, another fix would have been to utilize a hose with a smaller diameter provided it did not impede flow, thus increase engine temp
    2) On the 90mm TB, the motor (GM part) touches the shaft, there is no play available, I could place a postcard between the two, but way too close for comfort, I realize your testing may have included another brand TB but none was recommended to me so I went with the General
    3) On passenger side, mid-way back on the unit, there are six threaded holes and an adaptor (for another vehicle specs), this, too, almost touches the shaft, why, what is supposed to go here (on another vehicle?), as already too close without the part

Also, what is the speed of the shaft compared to the engine, and does the shaft flex at higher RPMs?-this is my concern, as when not running it is already too close. And lastly, how much does a new shaft cost, as I already have a groove started at the point the hose clamp touches the shaft.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Twitch View Post

How long did it take you to remove? Lost a lot of coolant?

Tony
    It took no more than an hour to remove, including a lot of time spent re-labeling connections just to ease my obsessive-compulsiveness. I did have to call a neighbor over to help lift it off, but overall it was very simple.

Just the fuel injector electrical connections, ignition pack connections, IAT/MAP, a couple hoses and of course unbolting the throttle body. I was able to leave all the TB connections attached.

Not a drop of coolant spilled - I corked the two main intercooler hoses as soon as I pulled them off, but no coolant came out. The system may have been a little low, I'm not sure, but no spills.

The fuel, on the other hand, there was plenty of that. Make sure you find the pressure release valve on the passenger side fuel rail, as mine had much more pressure built up that the stock one did coming off.

Good luck Tony! Magnuson will take care of us!

Quote Originally Posted by onebadcad View Post
    3) On passenger side, mid-way back on the unit, there are six threaded holes and an adaptor (for another vehicle specs).

I was curious about that too.

+1 on the passenger side intercooler hose. Definitely a little close for comfort to the shaft.

Quote Originally Posted by CTSV_510 View Post
    I was curious about that too.

+1 on the passenger side intercooler hose. Definitely a little close for comfort to the shaft.
    ,,, and if you do the 90mm mod, you will have yet another issue. I do not think Magnuson used the GM 90m TB, as if so, they would have made a recommendation for another manufacturer-you live and you learn, and its damn expensive!!!

Twitch is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V, '00 SLS, 98 SLS, 89 Eldo, '80 Eldo

+2 on the clamp over the shaft, but I think mine just clears it though. I pushed it all the way over to the TB. I figured the original shaft was smaller.
    Anyway, I had to get my sister to call Jeff and give him my work number. How embarrassing . He talked to Magnuson, and David called me back. They're emailling me a return label also. Yes, they did take care of us. Unfortunately, I can't get it off for a couple days . I may just wait till Sunday.
    Thanks to Jeff, and Magnuson

Tony

PS Tom, don't forget to ask about your gaskets. If you can't re-use, make sure you have another set ready.
    '05 Platinum l LPE CAI l Magnaflow l V1 (hardwired), w/ custom mount l UUC shifter l UUC Alcantara shift knob l K9 GEAR rear seat cover lHID fogs lHotchkis sways lCG-Lock l Specter Bushings l FG2s l Ground control 550/600 l MAGGIE 439RWHP/414RWTQ (Dynojet) l Heavys fire extinguisher bracket l Interceptor scan-gauge l Billet pedals l Meth l NO HEADERS l Original diff l 90mm upgrade l 2.6" drive pulley l LS7 clutch w/16lb. FW l Alcantara

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

So far, so good ... or least at good as it could be.

NO ONE gets out of mod hell unscathed; it always leaves a little mark.

Pretty soon, this will be but a memory, and you'll be toolin' around listening to maggie whine. Ah-h yes!
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

Bump, need some answers from Brian.

I wish I had pictures, but I don't, so please visualize the three issues I have with items located too close to the carbon fiber drive/shaft/driveshaft, etc...:

1) Hose clamp for coolant line in front of TB, why not thread the inlet and sell kit with a braided hose that requires no clamp, the clamp is touching the shaft, the second line on the driver's side does not have any clearance issues, the connection should have been made higher, as unit would accomodate if 1/2" higher, I think someone (Heavymetals?) fabricated a connection to eliminate this problem, another fix would have been to utilize a hose with a smaller diameter provided it did not impede flow, thus increase engine temp
    2) On the 90mm TB, the motor (GM part) touches the shaft, there is no play available, I could place a postcard between the two, but way too close for comfort, I realize your testing may have included another brand TB but none was recommended to me so I went with the General
    3) On passenger side, mid-way back on the unit, there are six threaded holes and an adaptor (for another vehicle specs), this, too, almost touches the shaft, why, what is supposed to go here (on another vehicle?), as already too close without the part

Also, what is the speed of the shaft compared to the engine, and does the shaft flex at higher RPMs?-this is my concern, as when not running it is already too close. And lastly, how much does a new shaft cost, as I already have a groove started at the point the hose clamp touches the shaft.

Thanks.

Max-Q is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac CTS-V & Escalade

That's the mounting area for a bypass actuator for a different application. Remember, the actual supercharger is supplied by Eaton. It is used on a wide variety of vehicles and I would guess most are turned around the correct way. Ours may be the only odd ball that requires a shaft instead of a pulley directly on the front of the charger.

heavymetals is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 05 maggied CTS-V, 03 maggied Z06

Quote Originally Posted by Max-Q View Post
    That's the mounting area for a bypass actuator for a different application. Remember, the actual supercharger is supplied by Eaton. It is used on a wide variety of vehicles and I would guess most are turned around the correct way. Ours may be the only odd ball that requires a shaft instead of a pulley directly on the front of the charger.

The one on my C5 Z06 has the same get up.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.