Everything I ever wanted to know about a Maggie,,,and your gonna tell me!!! - Page 13
Cadillac
 

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 195 of 478
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Everything I ever wanted to know about a Maggie,,,and your gonna tell me!!! in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by Twitch Really? Its more of a diesel sound in person. I was hoping it was just me ...
  1. #181
    CTSV_510's Avatar
    CTSV_510 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '06 Z06, '05 CTS-V 453rwhp/434rwtq (sold)
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    West Chester, PA
    Age
    31
    Posts
    5,334

    Re: Everything I ever wanted to know about a Maggie,,,and your gonna tell me!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Twitch View Post
    Really? Its more of a diesel sound in person. I was hoping it was just me
    Well, I'll email Brial today, and call Jeff bright n early Tuesday. If I'm lucky, they can do something to numb the pain. I can't do the ground shipping 3-4 weeks thing. No place to keep the car.
    Sorry to say Tony, that's the exact sound that mine is making. I haven't been able to get a video yet.

    You really can't hear that with the hood closed?

  2. #182
    2004ctsv's Avatar
    2004ctsv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTSV
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Blitzburgh
    Posts
    1,126

    Re: Everything I ever wanted to know about a Maggie,,,and your gonna tell me!!!

    The maggie in that clip sounds like hell. Something is definitely wrong.

    I wish I could make a sound clip of mine - it's been a only low pitch whine since day one 3 years ago.

    I had two occasions to get back to Magnusson (radiator leak and magnavolt) and both times they were fantastic about replacing the bad parts.

    Good luck

  3. #183
    CTSV_510's Avatar
    CTSV_510 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '06 Z06, '05 CTS-V 453rwhp/434rwtq (sold)
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    West Chester, PA
    Age
    31
    Posts
    5,334

    Re: Everything I ever wanted to know about a Maggie,,,and your gonna tell me!!!

    Question on Maggie uninstall:

    I'm getting ready to remove this thing (fun fun!). For those of you who have removed your maggie - what is the best way to relieve the pressure in the fuel system? The old intake manifold had a pressure release tab, but I don't see anything like that on the s/c manifold.

    Hopefully the answer isn't to just use lots of towels and remove the connections very slowly. If it is which connection do you think is the best for doing that with the least spill?

  4. #184
    heavymetals's Avatar
    heavymetals is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 05 maggied CTS-V, 03 maggied Z06
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    8,663

    Re: Everything I ever wanted to know about a Maggie,,,and your gonna tell me!!!

    Before you unplug the lines get some stoppers (wooden dowels or corks)to push in the ends.

    Especially the intercooler lines.

    You won't spill much fuel, so just a towel underneath the fitting should do.

    The biggest fuel spill is when you empty the fuel rails.

  5. #185
    Twitch's Avatar
    Twitch is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V, '00 SLS, 98 SLS, 89 Eldo, '80 Eldo
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Age
    43
    Posts
    3,994
    Thread Starter

    Re: Everything I ever wanted to know about a Maggie,,,and your gonna tell me!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by CTSV_510 View Post
    Sorry to say Tony, that's the exact sound that mine is making. I haven't been able to get a video yet.

    You really can't hear that with the hood closed?
    No, I can't hear it at all with the hood close. If I didn't know better, I'd think it was normal.
    Funny, but it doesn't seem to be as bad today.
    I'm not accepting anything less than them paying for round trip next day air.

  6. #186
    heavymetals's Avatar
    heavymetals is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 05 maggied CTS-V, 03 maggied Z06
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    8,663

    Re: Everything I ever wanted to know about a Maggie,,,and your gonna tell me!!!

    "I'm not accepting anything less than them paying for round trip next day air."

    Don't hold your breath.

    What you might want to try for is a replacement so you can drive the car till it arrives.

  7. #187
    CTSV_510's Avatar
    CTSV_510 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '06 Z06, '05 CTS-V 453rwhp/434rwtq (sold)
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    West Chester, PA
    Age
    31
    Posts
    5,334

    Re: Everything I ever wanted to know about a Maggie,,,and your gonna tell me!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by heavymetals View Post
    "I'm not accepting anything less than them paying for round trip next day air."

    Don't hold your breath.

    What you might want to try for is a replacement so you can drive the car till it arrives.
    A replacement was what I was thinking too. That, of course, would only work if they have another remanufactured maggie in stock. Then what's to say that that one doesn't have the same bad bearings that this one has.

    We'll see, I'm going out now to start unplugging and unbolting things.

  8. #188
    Twitch's Avatar
    Twitch is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V, '00 SLS, 98 SLS, 89 Eldo, '80 Eldo
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Age
    43
    Posts
    3,994
    Thread Starter

    Re: Everything I ever wanted to know about a Maggie,,,and your gonna tell me!!!

    I would love for them to send a replacement! But they already turned someone down on that. Still, I will push for that. I hope they're willing to do a little more, since these were shipped out broken.

  9. #189
    rand49er's Avatar
    rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    South Lyon, MI
    Age
    65
    Posts
    13,382

    Re: Everything I ever wanted to know about a Maggie,,,and your gonna tell me!!!

    Best possible situation for you guys at this stage would be for them to overnight a replacement maggie immediately and a call tag for the "old" maggie. That way, you're only out your time to remove and reinstall the unit not to mention the inconvenience.

    Next best thing would be for you to provide credit info so they feel secure in sending one out to you then for the "charge" to be credited back once they receive the defective unit, then for you to be reimbursed for the cost of shipping the bad one.

    Further down the list would be for you guys to either get stuck for some shipping costs and/or a several-day period of time before a replacement unit arrives thus depriving you of the use of your car. This one certainly would leave a bad taste, and I can't believe Magnuson would do this.

    Those are just a few of the several possible senarios.

    Let's watch and see how Magnuson handles this.

    Lot of eyes watching.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

  10. #190
    heavymetals's Avatar
    heavymetals is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 05 maggied CTS-V, 03 maggied Z06
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    8,663

    Re: Everything I ever wanted to know about a Maggie,,,and your gonna tell me!!!

    Good luck guys.

    The problem with a replacement is exactly what was said.

    This is why it is called MOD HELL.

    That you modify your only means of transportation is an invitation to a problem. I think that is a Murphy Law.

  11. #191
    CTSV_510's Avatar
    CTSV_510 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '06 Z06, '05 CTS-V 453rwhp/434rwtq (sold)
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    West Chester, PA
    Age
    31
    Posts
    5,334

    Re: Everything I ever wanted to know about a Maggie,,,and your gonna tell me!!!

    Well, I did find the fuel pressure relief valve - it's on the passenger side fuel rail somewhere in the middle. (In case you're looking Tony)

    It was quite easy to remove the maggie since there is only a couple connections to unplug. She's off and ready to travel back out west.

    The V is in its home in the driveway for an undetermined amount of time.

    Hey, when the maggie gets back it'll be like Christmas all over again!

    ...almost...

  12. #192
    Twitch's Avatar
    Twitch is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V, '00 SLS, 98 SLS, 89 Eldo, '80 Eldo
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Age
    43
    Posts
    3,994
    Thread Starter

    Re: Everything I ever wanted to know about a Maggie,,,and your gonna tell me!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by rand49er View Post
    Best possible situation for you guys at this stage would be for them to overnight a replacement maggie immediately and a call tag for the "old" maggie. That way, you're only out your time to remove and reinstall the unit not to mention the inconvenience.

    Next best thing would be for you to provide credit info so they feel secure in sending one out to you then for the "charge" to be credited back once they receive the defective unit, then for you to be reimbursed for the cost of shipping the bad one.

    Further down the list would be for you guys to either get stuck for some shipping costs and/or a several-day period of time before a replacement unit arrives thus depriving you of the use of your car. This one certainly would leave a bad taste, and I can't believe Magnuson would do this.

    Those are just a few of the several possible senarios.

    Let's watch and see how Magnuson handles this.

    Lot of eyes watching.
    Maybe they could overnight a replacement to Tom right away. Then when he sends his back, I'd be willing to wait for that one to get fixed, and sent to me. Then I'll swap them out and send mine back. It would save them $$$ on overnighting two Maggies back and forth.
    That is, if it's good for Tom, and Magnuson agrees to send him a "lowner". Hopefully, mine holds up. I don't have to drive it much, but I don't have anyplace to leave it for a few week without being moved.
    That being said, I think they should send out a couple units to us. Just to make thing right on sending out four bad units in three months.
    We'll see.

    Quote Originally Posted by heavymetals View Post
    Good luck guys.

    The problem with a replacement is exactly what was said.

    This is why it is called MOD HELL.

    That you modify your only means of transportation is an invitation to a problem. I think that is a Murphy Law.
    I understand a mod that ends up breaking, or messing up something else on the car. I'm upset because these were shipped out already broken. This is not a one-in-a-million thing. I think Magnuson should go the extra mile to make this right.
    I'm just blowing off a little steam. Sure they will try to do what they can. I just hope, between the three parties involved, we can come to an agreement that gets our cars back in an acceptable time frame.
    Fingers are crossed.

    Tony

  13. #193
    Twitch's Avatar
    Twitch is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V, '00 SLS, 98 SLS, 89 Eldo, '80 Eldo
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Age
    43
    Posts
    3,994
    Thread Starter

    Re: Everything I ever wanted to know about a Maggie,,,and your gonna tell me!!!

    Hey, can someone post a video of how the Maggie should sound? I'd like to compare, and it may be helpfull in the future.
    Thanks

    Tony

  14. #194
    blownchevy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Age
    42
    Posts
    280

    Re: Everything I ever wanted to know about a Maggie,,,and your gonna tell me!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Twitch View Post
    I would love for them to send a replacement! But they already turned someone down on that. Still, I will push for that. I hope they're willing to do a little more, since these were shipped out broken.

    Number 1: Yes your supercharger sounds like it has an issue and for that I personally apologize.

    Number 2: These were tested before they were sent out, so NONE were shipped out broken..... Is it possible that the box was damaged in shipping? I should ask about potential customer install issues as well. Do some research we are not a fly by night company, and I am a man of my word and have ALWAYS stood behind what I sell.

    Call Monday and speak with My-Self or David Gonzalez. This will be taken care of.

    Getting on the forum and beating your proverbial web chest will get you absolutely nothing. Picking up the phone and calling will get you the world.

  15. #195
    CTSV_510's Avatar
    CTSV_510 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '06 Z06, '05 CTS-V 453rwhp/434rwtq (sold)
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    West Chester, PA
    Age
    31
    Posts
    5,334

    Re: Everything I ever wanted to know about a Maggie,,,and your gonna tell me!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by blownchevy View Post
    Number 1: Yes your supercharger sounds like it has an issue and for that I personally apologize.

    Number 2: These were tested before they were sent out, so NONE were shipped out broken..... Is it possible that the box was damaged in shipping? I should ask about potential customer install issues as well. Do some research we are not a fly by night company, and I am a man of my word and have ALWAYS stood behind what I sell.

    Call Monday and speak with My-Self or David Gonzalez. This will be taken care of.

    Getting on the forum and beating your proverbial web chest will get you absolutely nothing. Picking up the phone and calling will get you the world.
    Thanks Brian. I sent you an email a little while ago to give you a heads up that I would be calling tomorrow morning to speak with you and get this worked out.

    Tom

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Bookmarks

Cadillac Posting Rules

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Read about Lincoln | Buick | Kia Forte Forum
Need products for your Cadillac? Check out your options at the links below:

custom floor mats | Cadillac Chrome and Black Chrome Wheels | window tinting