Everything I ever wanted to know about a Maggie,,,and your gonna tell me!!! - Page 12
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Everything I ever wanted to know about a Maggie,,,and your gonna tell me!!! in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Just wanted to thank everybody for all your help. It's a big job. On my own, I probably would have ...
    Twitch is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V, '00 SLS, 98 SLS, 89 Eldo, '80 Eldo

Thumbs up Re: Everything I ever wanted to know about a Maggie,,,and your gonna tell me!!!

Just wanted to thank everybody for all your help. It's a big job. On my own, I probably would have missed something. But with you guys giving me pointers and cheering us on, it was much easier. Lot more fun too. Don't ask me how many times I went to the blackberry to check Heavys pictures.
    I feel bad that the other two guys had some issues. I guess I lucked out (for now). I'll call Jeff Tuesday to talk about the faint noise I'm hearing. But for now,,,,no mod hell here.
    The car is a blast. Haven't even really tested it out yet, but she pulls nice. Second gear is rediculous.
    BTW doing the work myself, is at least, half the fun of owning a Maggie. That said, I was working alone (mostly), outside, and at night. Took me about 17 hours, very little sleep, and I loved every minute of it.
    Thanks again

Tony,,,,mod junkie

CTSV_510 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '06 Z06, '05 CTS-V 453rwhp/434rwtq (sold)

Re: Everything I ever wanted to know about a Maggie,,,and your gonna tell me!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rand49er View Post
    I noticed my GSD3s broke loose easier than the Avon A/Ss I have on there now.

What tires are you guys running?

BTW, Tony, I wanna say, "Congrats!" on the install. With 510 having his problem, seems like the luster has come off a bit.

Hey, 510, when you get Magnuson of the phone, I'm sure you know not to ream them (as badly as I know you'd like to ... I sure would), but work hard to get expedited shipping thrown into the deal on their nickel. Tell 'em this whole forum is watching!
    I still have the Toyo Proxes 4 that were on it when I got it. Tony has RT-615, way stickier than mine.

I'm not looking forward to the phone call since I am so pissed off right now. I'll explain to them that it's my only car and I will have to find transportation to work day by day until they get the maggie back to me. I'll also mention, as you said, that my decision to buy was based on the recommendations of all the people on this forum. Now that people are having these bearing issues, at least one person has been scared away from purchasing a maggie. I really want to be able to come out of this experience and be able to tell everyone on the forum that this was not Magnuson's fault and they've been doing everything they can to make it right.

Can I assume that they've returned the whole batch of defective bearings that they had? I sure hope they know which are which and don't give me new crap bearings.

I was driving it today and the noise is getting louder, so I think it's seen its last miles for now. It sounds like an air compressor running.

What specific person at Magnuson should I be contacting on Tuesday? I want to speak to someone who is familiar with the issue and dealt with it for someone else on this forum.

heavymetals is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 05 maggied CTS-V, 03 maggied Z06

Post to blownchevy, he was the magnusson contact that put the sale together.

Search back a few posts or pages.

Quote Originally Posted by heavymetals View Post
    Post to blownchevy, he was the magnusson contact that put the sale together.

Search back a few posts or pages.
    In that thread he said he didn't know anything about the maggie failures and that anyone with an issue should just contact the warranty department.

It looks like he is back from his honeymoon on Tuesday. I'll pm him anyway, maybe he can still help.

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by CTSV_510 View Post
    ... It looks like he is back from his honeymoon on Tuesday. ...
    Heck, he won't care one bit, he'll have such a big grin on his face from that honeymoon and all that monkeying around two newlyweds do on honeymoons. (Ah, the good ol' days. ) Good time to talk to him.

Heavy's right. Blownchevy will do right by you. I emailed him about an issue I thought I had last year, and he jumped right on it. Good dude!
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

Mod hell, mine is getting louder. Too pissed to think about it, so imma just ignor it right now.
    Four people, in three months? On this forum alone?!!!

MOCTS-V is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Twitch View Post
    Mod hell, mine is getting louder. Too pissed to think about it, so imma just ignor it right now.
    Wow this is unfreaking believable!!! Such BS...they are going to loose a ton of potential customers if they dont take care of this situation. It seems odd that the guy selling these maggies finds a new job right before you and 510 complete the install...

Quote Originally Posted by Twitch View Post
    This sucks, I can't believe yours too. I thought the sound was going away the first day, but today it got a LOT louder. Yesterday it was only making the sound around idle rpms and then disappearing at higher rpms (that's where the sound of fun kicks in ) but when I was driving today if I revved anywhere past 1800 rpms, it was 3 times louder than on the first day. It's so bad, I don't feel at all comfortable driving it.

I'm trying to look forward to how much fun it'll be when I get it backed all fixed up. That's all I can really do at this point.

Beer is your friend.

Kudos to you for a good attitude.

Luna. is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 2009 Black CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by CTSV_510 View Post
    I thought the sound was going away the first day, but today it got a LOT louder. Yesterday it was only making the sound around idle rpms and then disappearing at higher rpms (that's where the sound of fun kicks in ) but when I was driving today if I revved anywhere past 1800 rpms, it was 3 times louder than on the first day. It's so bad, I don't feel at all comfortable driving it.

I'm trying to look forward to how much fun it'll be when I get it backed all fixed up. That's all I can really do at this point.
    That's EXACTLY what mine was like...

My car is complete with the blower back on, BUT I don't trust the A/F ratios anymore, so I'm having mine re-tuned.../sigh...

mgscustomtune is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac CTS V

Ok without going back all the way threw the form was these the reconditioned ones l seen them on ebay for$4500.00 l spoke to Magnuson if so they should be better than new since the have had the twice over. If Magnuson is smart about this issue they will pay for any overnight shipping and absoultly make sure from this day any systems being shipped out are 100% ok with no issues. These sytems are not cheap by any means. I personaly think the Maggie will drop over the next couple months or they will not be able to sell them. I had them down to $5000.00 for a New one over the phone but l am thinking twice now. PS Water Wetter is a good thing use it in my stock cars and V

Not a good video, cuz it sounds worse in person. Still can't hear it with the hood closed. I'll try reving it with the hood open.
    I hope I'm wrong, cuz its real hard to keep my mouth shut .
    If it gets any louder, I'll start bitching. Maybe that can make me feel better.
    Can't imagine watching the V sit for three weeks. I wont let that happen

Sounds a little loud to me.

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by MOCTS-V View Post
    I think your wrong heavy. I think we are going to stary seeing more and more affordable performance parts for the V. Especially now that the younger guys are going to be able to afford the 1st gen V as they age and depreciate a bit more.
    Heavy was explicitly referring to the maggie and implicitly the level of power it provides.

Quote Originally Posted by MOCTS-V View Post
    Thus far, few companys have opted to make performance parts for the Vs because they are very rare and MOST of the old fogies that purchased them did not want to void their warranty. Now that warranties are starting to expire, more v owners are going to want to mod making the demand higher for more HP. Its a very easy concept to understand...hope this helps.
    So, you think suddenly there's gonna be a bunch of mods available providing more power than a supercharger at cheaper prices than a maggie even though the V is "very rare" (<-- your words)?

I seriously doubt that anyone will come up with an equivalently-priced or lower-priced supercharger (as Magnuson has) for the CTS-V (LS6/LS2) as you suggest.

I also seriously doubt that will be the case for any turbo setup making similar power.

Face it, the maggie -- as tempermental as we've seen recently -- will be the most economical, bolt-on method to see +135 rwhp gains outside of nitrous, and there won't be any more made as was heavy's point. If you elected to pass on Magnuson's offer to get one, then it's just wishful thinking that cheaper bolt-ons will now be offered that provide similar power for less bucks. That's the "concept."

Magnuson will do right by these guys here, and they'll eventually be happy again albeit a bit bruised. Magnuson has smart people, and they know that bad press is not good for business. We'll all be watching, and they know it.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

Quote Originally Posted by heavymetals View Post
    Sounds a little loud to me.
    Really? Its more of a diesel sound in person. I was hoping it was just me
    Well, I'll email Brial today, and call Jeff bright n early Tuesday. If I'm lucky, they can do something to numb the pain. I can't do the ground shipping 3-4 weeks thing. No place to keep the car.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.