Everything I ever wanted to know about a Maggie,,,and your gonna tell me!!! - Page 11
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Everything I ever wanted to know about a Maggie,,,and your gonna tell me!!! in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by CTSV_510 Well I am pretty much positive that I have a spun maggie bearing. It sounds just ...
    Twitch is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V, '00 SLS, 98 SLS, 89 Eldo, '80 Eldo

Re: Everything I ever wanted to know about a Maggie,,,and your gonna tell me!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CTSV_510 View Post
    Well I am pretty much positive that I have a spun maggie bearing. It sounds just like Cowan480 and jweymar and their videos.

It's really a let down after all the work I put into it, especially since I'll have to pull it off on Monday night and ship it back to Magnuson on Tuesday. Now I need to find a car to drive for the next couple of weeks.

I can't believe that blower that Magnuson just remanufactered could have this problem immediately. At least Cowan and jweymar had 7 days to enjoy theirs before they started making annoying noises! I had 15 seconds.

When I spoke to Mitch on Friday he told me that it was his last day working there. Hopefully they have a good replacement that will take care of me. It looks like they've been good to everyone else.
    You have me sooo paranoid right now. finished about 1am, cleaned up, and went out. It feels good. Nice to see I have no problems after such a big job.
    That said, I do hear something. Not as bad as the other guys (I'll check their threads now) but it's different that stock. You can't hear it if the hood is closed. It may just be that I'm looking for a problem.
    '05 Platinum l LPE CAI l Magnaflow l V1 (hardwired), w/ custom mount l UUC shifter l UUC Alcantara shift knob l K9 GEAR rear seat cover lHID fogs lHotchkis sways lCG-Lock l Specter Bushings l FG2s l Ground control 550/600 l MAGGIE 439RWHP/414RWTQ (Dynojet) l Heavys fire extinguisher bracket l Interceptor scan-gauge l Billet pedals l Meth l NO HEADERS l Original diff l 90mm upgrade l 2.6" drive pulley l LS7 clutch w/16lb. FW l Alcantara

rand49er is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Real sorry you've got that bearing problem, 510. Kinda sours you on the whole experience and there's a risk of paranoia following you around from now on every time you drive it.

If you overnight it back to Magnuson, they'd get it Wednesday ... could they overnight it so you get it Friday? Sounds too good ... more like they'll have it several days which puts you into the next week.

Probably the worst part is the inconvenience of not having a car to drive. What's your plan on that?
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

CTSV_510 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '06 Z06, '05 CTS-V 453rwhp/434rwtq (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by rand49er View Post
    Real sorry you've got that bearing problem, 510. Kinda sours you on the whole experience and there's a risk of paranoia following you around from now on every time you drive it.

If you overnight it back to Magnuson, they'd get it Wednesday ... could they overnight it so you get it Friday? Sounds too good ... more like they'll have it several days which puts you into the next week.

Probably the worst part is the inconvenience of not having a car to drive. What's your plan on that?
    We'll see on the shipping. I refuse to pay a dime for it, and I'll probably have a hard time convincing Magnuson to pay for overnighting a 70 lb package back and forth. I think I'll have to be happy with ground shipping and a two week return time like the other guys had. Me being in PA and them being in CA doesn't help much.

I just don't feel like pulling it since we were so careful to do a good clean job of getting it on.

I think I can find a car to borrow for a while, but I hate driving other cars

We'll see on the shipping. I refuse to pay a dime for it, and I'll probably have a hard time convincing Magnuson to pay for overnighting a 70 lb package back and forth. I think I'll have to be happy with ground shipping and a two week return time like the other guys had. Me being in PA and them being in CA doesn't help much.

I just don't feel like pulling it since we were so careful to do a good clean job of getting it on.

I think I can find a car to borrow for a while, but I hate driving other cars
    I feel for you man. It's like we did them together.
    If you have time, post a video of how it sounds. I'll post mine when I get home. I wanna compare between ours, and the other two guys.
    Good luck Tom

Tony
    '05 Platinum l LPE CAI l Magnaflow l V1 (hardwired), w/ custom mount l UUC shifter l UUC Alcantara shift knob l K9 GEAR rear seat cover lHID fogs lHotchkis sways lCG-Lock l Specter Bushings l FG2s l Ground control 550/600 l MAGGIE 439RWHP/414RWTQ (Dynojet) l Heavys fire extinguisher bracket l Interceptor scan-gauge l Billet pedals l Meth l NO HEADERS l Original diff l 90mm upgrade l 2.6" drive pulley l LS7 clutch w/16lb. FW l Alcantara

Quote Originally Posted by Twitch View Post
    I feel for you man. It's like we did them together.
    If you have time, post a video of how it sounds. I'll post mine when I get home. I wanna compare between ours, and the other two guys.
    Good luck Tom

Tony
    Thanks Tony. I will try to get to a camera a little later this afternoon. But like you said in the other thread, it does kind of sound a little like a diesel engine. Mine is almost as loud as it sounds on those other videos, and you can definitely still hear it when the hood is closed. If you can't hear yours when the hood is closed then you're probably fine. I really hope you don't end up with the same issue too.

Tom

Also - I too feel like the tires don't break loose quite as much as they used to. It's kind of weird that I feel like I have more traction, but WAY more power. Not a bad thing, but not what others have experienced.

Also - I too feel like the tires don't break loose quite as much as they used to. It's kind of weird that I feel like I have more traction, but WAY more power. Not a bad thing, but not what others have experienced.
    Can't hear mine with the hood closed. If I didn't hear about them going bad, I wouldn't think twice about it.

I guess they tuned in some torque management. And my fans turn on at a higher temp now. With the superchips tune, I was just under 200.

Quote Originally Posted by Twitch View Post
    ... I guess they tuned in some torque management. ...
    I noticed my GSD3s broke loose easier than the Avon A/Ss I have on there now.

What tires are you guys running?

BTW, Tony, I wanna say, "Congrats!" on the install. With 510 having his problem, seems like the luster has come off a bit.

Hey, 510, when you get Magnuson of the phone, I'm sure you know not to ream them (as badly as I know you'd like to ... I sure would), but work hard to get expedited shipping thrown into the deal on their nickel. Tell 'em this whole forum is watching!
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

heavymetals is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 05 maggied CTS-V, 03 maggied Z06

Chin up guys.

Just wait till you hear the boo hooing from the ones who didn't buy when they had the chance, especially when the kit isn't available anymore....

You just made yourself one great sleeper.

MOCTS-V is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by heavymetals View Post
    Chin up guys.

Just wait till you hear the boo hooing from the ones who didn't buy when they had the chance, especially when the kit isn't available anymore....

You just made yourself one great sleeper.
    I think your wrong heavy. I think we are going to stary seeing more and more affordable performance parts for the V. Especially now that the younger guys are going to be able to afford the 1st gen V as they age and depreciate a bit more.

heavymetals is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 05 maggied CTS-V, 03 maggied Z06

Yeah, that twin turbo kit should be ready any day now!

Quote Originally Posted by MOCTS-V View Post
    I think your wrong heavy. I think we are going to stary seeing more and more affordable performance parts for the V. Especially now that the younger guys are going to be able to afford the 1st gen V as they age and depreciate a bit more.
    Nitrous? It's already available, but few have it.

Headers? Lot of us already have 'em.

H/C? Some have done it, but N/A can never equal FI power.

Turbos? VERY few have done this ... too expensive ... so far, at least.

What else can there be?

Whistle tips? Oh, yeah ... I see what you mean.

whisler151 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe, 2010 Ford Raptor

What else can there be?

Damn young guys!

Civardi is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04 V Raven

Quote Originally Posted by whisler151 View Post
    Damn young guys!
    With thier strippers and road trips.

MOCTS-V is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac CTS-V

What else can there be?

Thus far, few companys have opted to make performance parts for the Vs because they are very rare and MOST of the old fogies that purchased them did not want to void their warranty. Now that warranties are starting to expire, more v owners are going to want to mod making the demand higher for more HP. Its a very easy concept to understand...hope this helps.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.