Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Everything I ever wanted to know about a Maggie,,,and your gonna tell me!!!

56K views 477 replies 42 participants last post by  deedubb 
#1 ·
After months of you guys pushing me, rubbing it in my face, and telling me how much I needed it, I finally got the Maggie. There goes my bike money....
It should be here Wednesday, and I plan on starting right away. In fact, I'm gonna do a few things ahead of time.
At least two of us jumped on this deal, so don't be shy if I missed a question.
1. Any tips, tricks, or things I need to look out for while doing the install? It seems like an easy job, but with your help, it'll be like I've done it before.
2. Do I really need to take off the nose?
3. Five gallons of coolant enough?
4. Let's talk about the Magnavolt. I know they were a problem, but haven't heard anything in the year I've owned my V. Problem solved?
I'll take extra care while grounding it. If it dies, will the car run at all? DON'T wanna get towed.
That said, I think Randy has bigger injectors, with no Magnavolt. Is it worth doing this, down the road, along with the Magnavolt?
5. Any spares I should buy (hoses, clamps,,,)?

???? Thought I'd have more questions.
Thanks guys

Tony

See less See more
#461 ·
Well I took it into my tuner today. Bank 1 was showing lean and he tweaked on it. Said he should have reset something last time he reset the MAP/MAF and didnt. He mentioned that it felt like it was either missing or the mounts were rough. I told him my money was on the mounts since they are officially garbage.

On the way home on the twisties I was behind a Terminator Mustang having a little fun, waiting for the road to go to 4 lane so we could have a little more fun when after we both made a 4 car pass I got a blinking check engine light. Scared the ish out of me since blinking light is BAD NEWS. Well I immediatly pulled over and pop the hood and hear a loud sucking sound. Turns out my intake tube had worked itself loose from the gerry-rigged piece of hoce tht connects to my filter heat shield. Since I always carry my handy dandy small ratchet/wrench/screwdriver set with me just for such instances I was back on the road in under 60 seconds and the light went away.

Couldnt find the Mustang after that, to many cars in between us.

#462 ·
And you thought you'd escape mod hell by not installing the maggie yourself...

:bwahaharoll4vu:

#463 ·
If I had done the install myself my V would still be sitting in the garage and the Maggie would most likely be through the windshield. There would more than likely be numerous baseball bat marks all over the car and engine bay too.

I am not what you would call a patient man.

#465 ·
Wooooohh. Finally made it through this thread. Very interesting. After a few pages into it I had convinced myself of getting one, but quite a few horror stories which kind of worried me. But now it looks like they don't make them anymore and the cheapest I can find is a lil under 7k's. :helpless: Youch! Maybe I'll pass. I thought I had seen them cheaper in the past, but I guess that's what happens when they get discontinued.:hmm: Too bad, sounded like loads of fun.

#466 ·
Discontinued? Where did you get that from?

#468 ·
Aren't you clever.

They don't make the CTS-V maggies anymore, but they are around and you can get one for a lot less than $7k. I think you can get a new kit for about $5500 from several different vendors.

Call Hendrix Engineering, I'm sure he can get you one for a great price.

Wow this thread brings back some memories. Good ones. :D

#474 ·
They may indeed be discontinued, but I believe it was heavy who said they made a bunch of them, and shelves (somewhere) are full of them.

$4,999? That's just shy of what I've got in my used (albeit polished) one.

Heat soak? Maybe affects it on the track to an extent, but not noticeable on the street which is 99.9% of most people's driving.

#477 ·
On a completely unrelated topic, any recommendations on a Maggie friendly cam? Evidently a quiet night has me planning on spending more money.

#478 ·
Justin's cam is Hendrix and is sounds really nice. Not sure if it's mild or not in the cam world. I don't drive my V on a daily and I'd like to get a more aggressive cam with some lopey-ness. Any recommendations for me too?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.