Everything I ever wanted to know about a Maggie,,,and your gonna tell me!!! - Page 10
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Everything I ever wanted to know about a Maggie,,,and your gonna tell me!!! in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by Twitch We're pretty much dead even. I'm lovin this so much, I don't feel any pain lol ...
    CTSV_510 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '06 Z06, '05 CTS-V 453rwhp/434rwtq (sold)

Re: Everything I ever wanted to know about a Maggie,,,and your gonna tell me!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Twitch View Post
    We're pretty much dead even. I'm lovin this so much, I don't feel any pain lol
    You'll probably be done by the time I start tomorrow, but I should be done that night.
    Yeah this is a lot of fun - I'm glad I decided to do it myself and not pay to have someone install it. Not only does it feel better knowing I did it and did it right, I have good knowledge of all the pieces and systems involved if I should need it down the road...

Breakfast and coffee now, then I'll get back to work.

smackdaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 Escalade EXT

Sounds like you guys got it all sorted out, but FYI my gaskets were all one piece on each side. Black plastic with rubber gaskets built into the plastic. Maybe that will help out someone else in the future.

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by 2004ctsv View Post
    I was 55 when I did mine - needed Wild Turkey to wash the Aleve down

Watch the wiring behind the s/c - but there are a lot of opportunities to tie wrap stuff to the rear of the engine compartment.

One other note - if you drive it like a grandmother, you won't see much change in gas mileage. If you drive it like it should, get used to single digit mileage numbers.
    58 here. Tough keeping your foot out of it at first ... later, too.

Hwy mileage went down 1 to 1-1/2 mpg when I did headers, then down another 1/2 mpg with the maggie. Bypass actually functions pretty decently. Unless you put your foot into it, it drives like a normal V.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

heavymetals is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 05 maggied CTS-V, 03 maggied Z06

My lowest mileage has been around 8mpg!

I was going to get a bumper sticker made that says," Kiss Another Dinosaur Goodbye"

SlvrVee is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Happy to hear that the gasket scare was sorted out. Maggie is scheduled to be delivered on Wednesday, so I will take off a couple of days to do the install. Have a few questions:
    (1) Can I use Dexcool or stick with the green stuff?
    (2) Picked up a set of Acdelco Iridium plugs part# 41-985 is this the correct / good plug?
    (3) Thinking of using water wetter http://www.redlineoil.com/products_c...ubCategoryID=4 in the H/E good or bad idea?
    (4)What about http://www.redlineoil.com/products_c...bCategoryID=31
    (5)what is deionized water?

Thanks Linden

Twitch is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V, '00 SLS, 98 SLS, 89 Eldo, '80 Eldo

She runs, started right up.

Finishing touches and interrcooler to go.

SlvrVee is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Way to go

Max-Q is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac CTS-V & Escalade

I just got home and saw the progress so far. I wish I could give you guys a hand.

When I did my maggie in May I was missing the pulley bolts and the vent bolts too. I reused my stock pulley bolts and haven't had a problem after 6k miles. I went to Home Depot and bought new bolts for the vents that had a flat hex head. Again, no problems at all so far. If you need I can look up the correct size to buy from HD.

My gaskets were one piece and not the individual ones pictured above. They were a little hard to keep in place as I slid the maggie down past the wiring harness onto the valley cover. Apparently I got it right because I have no leaks at all.

For the intercooler I used distilled water and standard green coolant. On the radiator I used the orange GM coolant and distilled water. Distilled water is the same as deionized water. I used two different colors for the coolants so I could pinpoint a leak easier.

Just a warning, my the brackets on my I/C tank were way off and I had to improvise the hangers to mount the tank. If yours are welded on in the wrong place you may have to do the same. Just mount the hangers very loose and then mount the tank and move it to the right position then tighten the bolts. Mine are mounted very hard to the right since the mounts were way off.

Get a big, deep funnel when you cycle the fluid through the I/C. It will backup after you turn off the pump motor and fluid will spill everywhere.

Keep up the good work guys, it's well worth it!

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by SlvrVee View Post
    Happy to hear that the gasket scare was sorted out. Maggie is scheduled to be delivered on Wednesday, so I will take off a couple of days to do the install. Have a few questions:
    (1) Can I use Dexcool or stick with the green stuff?
    (2) Picked up a set of Acdelco Iridium plugs part# 41-985 is this the correct / good plug?
    (3) Thinking of using water wetter http://www.redlineoil.com/products_c...ubCategoryID=4 in the H/E good or bad idea?
    (4)What about http://www.redlineoil.com/products_c...bCategoryID=31
    (5)what is deionized water?

Thanks Linden
    1) Hmm-m ... not sure.
    2) Got me!
    3) Never heard of it.
    4) Don't know.
    5) I have no idea.

Where's heavy?
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

UPDATE - We finished the install at about 6:00 pm today.

I'M IN LOVE!!!!

Did I say I'm in love?

Unfortunately, I'm going to have to pull the maggie off and send it back to magnuson to get it fixed. I am pretty sure it has the same bearing problem that a couple other guys had recently.

It makes a whirring sound only at idle and idle rpms at low speeds. It's not the whine, it's got that under boost

So is it safe to drive for a few days? I think I finally made it to MOD HELL.

I STILL LOVE IT!

I would drive it.

There are a few videos with sound that you can check out if you think it is a bearing problem.

Welcome to MOD HELL!

Max-Q is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac CTS-V & Escalade

I've only ever heard mine so my experience is limited but at idle it doesn't sound any different than it did before the maggie. Outside the car at parking lot speeds there is a faint sound like a P/S pump going bad.

On the road there is no sound at all until the throttle reaches say 45-50%. Then she screams like a raped ape all the way to redline.

On a side note, I just drove my V for the first time in two weeks. Needless to say I'm in love again.

Well I am pretty much positive that I have a spun maggie bearing. It sounds just like Cowan480 and jweymar and their videos.

It's really a let down after all the work I put into it, especially since I'll have to pull it off on Monday night and ship it back to Magnuson on Tuesday. Now I need to find a car to drive for the next couple of weeks.

I can't believe that blower that Magnuson just remanufactered could have this problem immediately. At least Cowan and jweymar had 7 days to enjoy theirs before they started making annoying noises! I had 15 seconds.

When I spoke to Mitch on Friday he told me that it was his last day working there. Hopefully they have a good replacement that will take care of me. It looks like they've been good to everyone else.

That's a real shame

Welcome to MOD HELL.

Consider it as paying dues.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.