Throttle Body Question. HOW BIG?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Throttle Body Question. HOW BIG? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; What is the biggest throttle body you can put on a ls6 intake manifold? I was looking into getting mine ...
    sleepys4 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac CTS V

Throttle Body Question. HOW BIG?

What is the biggest throttle body you can put on a ls6 intake manifold? I was looking into getting mine ported but I would like an extra just in case. The stealership doesn't like mods. With that said I would like to purchase an aftermarket one. What is a good one? Also how big should I go? I will likely be getting the intake manifold ported also.

Thanks in advance!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

JonCR96Z is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): BANK OWNED!! CTSV & EXT

Re: Throttle Body Question. HOW BIG?

I don't think there are much gains to be had from porting an LS6 intake. And the biggest you can go is the stock size, which is why there aren't any aftermarket TBs for the stock intake. I really don't think the dealership would notice a ported TB.

You can send yours here http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=925202 with a one day turn around for $70 plus the initial shipping to the place.

sleepys4 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac CTS V

Yea I was looking at that. That is where I started with this crazy thinking!

I just saw where you posted over there. That's the way to go especially since your in the same town.

Naf
    Naf is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

BBK 80mm and no need modifyin or you go to LPE and buy a 90mm modified LS6 intake manifold then you can slap on the 90mm TB...

If you want to save a little bit of money Port your LS6 intake and mount the BBK 80mm to it...Simple bolt on...This way you can save a lot of money and still get gains...

Off topic but need to know:
    FAST intakes leak between the peices, to resolve this use silicone between the halves for better sealin..Have done two thus far and one of them a guy used a procharger on and he aint complainin yet...

BBK 80 is no better than the stock piece ported. And I don't think spending $400 on a TB is saving money.

type911 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac CTS-V

You can order a TPiS LS6 intake. They seamlessly mate a 90mm opening to the intake so it looks factory and then you can run a ported LS2 intake with connection adapter from Caspers. really not worth the money without other upgrades. You can have your heads worked over and with the right cam it will most definately be worth it without being able to tell its not stock.
    TPiS

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.