Cadillac Owners Forum banner
2K views 23 replies 10 participants last post by  ozdemir23 
#1 ·
So i called corsa since my dealer couldn't help, and no muffler shop around here knows anything about the system. Even the "Corvette Only" shop that is a Corsa dealer would not even entertain just listening to the system because its not a corvette.

Talked to a guy at corsa and since i am not the original purchaser, i don't get the lifetime warranty. I thought really hard about the answer i was going to give when he asked, "So when did you purchase the system" because of the warranty. But honesty didn't pay off here.

$184 for the replacement resonators and he is throwing in the hardware kit that includes new clamps.

Since i don't have a lifetime warranty on this system and can not find anyone that works on this (assuming i will have future issues), should i opt to replace the whole thing? I love that WOT sound though.

By the way, i am just learning about all of the options available and still don't know what headers, kooks, etc. mean. Hoping Ted (SkullV) will help me out sometime.

Thoughts?

oz

See less See more
#3 ·
Hmm, this is a toughie, in the end you didnt have to buy a new exhaust system worth 1000+ but you will be out 200$...I dont see this repeatin for most guys on the forum dont have issues with the corsa...

As for your headers, if they leak at the flange you got Kooks if they dont they are probably SW... :p

There were a lot of nightmare issues with the flange where it was warpped, and needed special gaskets to seal. Look up the history...I went over board and got the Copper header gaskets to insure proper sealin power, but alas the bills are kickin me in the A$$ everytime...

#4 ·
I was looking at buying Corsa. Is it a bad idea?

#7 ·
I have corsa exhaust myself and I had bad resonators and all I did was take out the resonators and had straight pipes welded in and it made it louder and sound so much better and it isnt as loud as people think inside the car. So definatly another route you can take.. JMO.

#12 ·
I have corsa exhaust myself and I had bad resonators and all I did was take out the resonators and had straight pipes welded in and it made it louder and sound so much better and it isnt as loud as people think inside the car. So definatly another route you can take.. JMO.
I'd love to hear this mod to the stock Corsa. IMHO, it's the hi-flo cats that make my car have a deeper-than-stock idle sound (and not the headers), and I can't got much if any at all louder without it becoming more than my personal tolerance level.

Ques: Do you get any drone?

If I were you I would go with Magnaflow. Much cheaper, doesn't sound like a pissed off V6 (no offense to your corsa guys), bolts up perfectly, comes with an x-pipe instead of a resonator, and doesn't have any issues with cracking or rusting.
No offense? NO OFFENSE?!!

:thehand: :rant2: :thepan:

#9 ·
Ted,

I did like the sound of your car. I just don't want the drone. Yet :).

#11 ·
yes, near Ted. I am in Crown Point.

Ted, i will be out of town tomorrow (Wednesday) through Sunday night. Going to Boston. Flying :( not driving :)

I don't know what i need. I understand that i am only out the 200 and not the full system, but after looking at the install by the previous owner, i am not 100% sure that this will be my only problem.

oz

#15 ·
Drone (in my mind) is the exhaust causing a bit of resonance within the cabin while at cruising speed which interferes with conversation, listening to the radio, or even your own thought process. It gets right into your head sometimes.

Mine has virtually no drone whatsoever. If I get into the throttle a little (as in climbing a grade), I begin to get exhaust sound bordering on drone, but it never seems to reach that point.

B&B especially seems to be prone to this depending on gear/RPM, more so than Magnaflow, Zooners, or Borla from what I gather, but GMBound's B&B sure sounds nice on a drive by!

#18 ·
Ok, so it took me and a coworker (honda guy) about 4 hours to remove the old resonator and replace with new. The original installer spliced the pipes from the resonator back and my dealer said that this was not correct. So, naturally looking at the installation instructions from Corsa I removed those splice pieces and just ran the Corsa originals with the torga clamps. Well, now the pipe is too short. The tips do not extend out at all and they are hanging on by a thread. Any major pothole and my suspension or rear stabilizer bar will knock out one or both from the muffler connection.

I need to find someone or some place that is familiar with this car and this exhaust system. My dealer was trying to say that i should weld all of the joints, and when i called corsa and talked with their guy, he said absolutely not. The system is not intended to be welded and that they would warranty (not that this affects me) the parts if welded joints were made.

Is there anyone here that is close to Northwest Indiana/Chicagoland that would be willing to help me out for a little kickback? I am just looking for the trained eye and ear to say "that's not right" or "that's normal". Thanks.

Oz

#23 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.