Why the PATHETIC rwhp ?? - Page 7
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Why the PATHETIC rwhp ?? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; More Performance in NC has posted on these boards.... they had many dyno runs on their V and should be ...
    globed70 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Re: Why the PATHETIC rwhp ??

More Performance in NC has posted on these boards.... they had many dyno runs on their V and should be in a position to notice if the A/F mix was any different from a Z06.... More Perf???

Cal
    Cal is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

G-Tech arrived today but there is a dumpster still in my driveway.

ctsvett is offline FAQ is your Friend
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

When everyone dyno'ed their cars (what was posted above), did they turn the T/C and Stabilikrak ALL THE WAY OFF? Did you hold the button down for 5 seconds or just press it once? Remember there is a difference between just pressing the button and holding it down...

This could be similar to the RX8 problem Chapel mentioned. This could also show why some cars are higher HP and some are lower.

Just my opinion

Reed
    http://www.cadillacfaq.com

GNSCOTT is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

The 2 biggest variants when people dyno the same brand new car is weather and altitude. A car at sea level in 45 degree dry weather will dyno much higher than the same car even 1000 ft above sea level at 75 degrees and humid. There are just too many variations that are never posted with dyno sheets to compare them. Then you can start getting into the different readings of different dynos.

Like I said before, the real test of HP is at the track. A member ran a 13.3, Go to any HP calculator and type in that with 4050lbs (car and driver) and you will come up with 400+ HP. I have had cars that ran 13's to 8's and I know I can get low 13's and maybe even a high 12 out of my V bone stock.

DgtalPimp is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): CTS-V CAI, CAM, BB X-pipe, Baer Extreme Plus

Quote Originally Posted by mrbadss
    When everyone dyno'ed their cars (what was posted above), did they turn the T/C and Stabilikrak ALL THE WAY OFF? Did you hold the button down for 5 seconds or just press it once? Remember there is a difference between just pressing the button and holding it down...

This could be similar to the RX8 problem Chapel mentioned. This could also show why some cars are higher HP and some are lower.

Just my opinion

Reed
    http://www.cadillacfaq.com
    Everytime I get in the TC goes all the way off. Also when the guys dyno'ed, I made sure it was off.

Dgtal

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.