Homemade Intake Installed - Page 5
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Homemade Intake Installed in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by Naf Upgrade to the Ls2 Tb...This way you will gain the max you can out of the ...
    SkullV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): NONE

Re: Homemade Intake Installed

Quote Originally Posted by Naf View Post
    Upgrade to the Ls2 Tb...This way you will gain the max you can out of the tube...My LS2 TB is 4" on the outside
    LS6 and LS2 throttle body OD are the same I thought? Either way my silicone intakes 4"-3.5" is snug around my LS6 throttle body and snug around my 3.5"OD intake pipe.

CTS-Voodoo is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 05 Raven V

Quote Originally Posted by groverdill View Post
    I don't think a 4" tube would even be close to fitting.
    I have a 4 inch tube.

trukk is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V, '12 CTS-V Manny Vagon

Quote Originally Posted by SkullV View Post
    LS6 and LS2 throttle body OD are the same I thought? Either way my silicone intakes 4"-3.5" is snug around my LS6 throttle body and snug around my 3.5"OD intake pipe.
    They are both the same size. Here is a 78mm vs an aftermarket 90 mm (nick williams billet bling )

This pic is huge, but I think it belongs in this thread:

-Chris
    2005 CTS-V:No Roof|T2+Eibachs|Corsa|UUC:Shifter, 2pc rotors, B-Lines, Motor/Tran Mounts, Diff Bushings|LPE CAI|FFV IntakeTube|Hotchkis Sways|Kooks 1.75 Coated LTs+cats|KARS III |Mamofied Fast90 + NW90|224/228 111+0 XFI/XE-R .609/.588+Dual Springs|ATI 25% UD Pulley|YT 1.7" UltraLites|Melling HiFlow OP|Cloyes Hex Adjust Timing Set|Lucas 42# Flow Matched Injectors|Katech LS9X Twin-Disk ClutchMustang Dyno Tuned (SAE): 412rwhp / 380 rwtq
    2012 CTS-V:No Roof|Wagon|M6|Recaros|Bone stock (for now)

vseries is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V , 2013 ATS Turbo

good pics I dont know whats up with mine , The hose is 4" ID so I cant call siliconeintakes and tell there is a defect on the hose because it is what it is. my TB is 3.75 OD
    Can someone measure their TB OD ??? What I do know is the factory duct fits so snug and tight I had to yank on it to get it off whereas the silicone elbow requires no effort at all to slip it on and off

ajlanglois is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 07 CTS V

I jus finished this up. Here are some before and after shots. I really like the way it turned out.

CadiBlk is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Silver '05 V

That shiny tube looks good. You paint it, powder it or buy it polished?

I really need to get myself the silicone intakes 90 degree elbow tube. They were out of them when I was making mine, so I ordered a rubber one from another site. The rubber is all dry and the piece is gray.

CTS-Voodoo is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 05 Raven V

Quote Originally Posted by trukk View Post
    ^ DING DING DING. This is definately great advice. It took me a while to gifure this one out. Once I did though, no more weekly futz-ing with CAI evey week.

Like Rick said, a 4" will fit, but in addition to the PS pulley, you also have to worry about the radiator support bolt eating a hole through the tube on the other side. You could install a 'slim-line' bolt in place of the OEM one, to help mitigate that issue, but the bracket is still there.

Additionally the MAF is 85mm (just under 3.5" in size), so I'm not sure there is much of a performance gain to be had on a stock cubed engine, going to a 4" tube. Bottom line is it's probably more of headache than it's worth.

-Chris
    A 4 inch IS more headache than its worth. I have a full 4 inch setup and the thing is down to millimeters everywhere. Makes it REALLY fun to clean the air filter!

CadiBlk is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Silver '05 V

Quote Originally Posted by CTS-Voodoo View Post
    A 4 inch IS more headache than its worth. I have a full 4 inch setup and the thing is down to millimeters everywhere. Makes it REALLY fun to clean the air filter!
    I have the LPE box and a 4 inch tube was not happening.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.