Dyno run - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Dyno run in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; I would do video HOWEVER, remember that the key here is to show you reduced the wheel hop with your ...
    ctsvett is offline FAQ is your Friend
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Re: Dyno run

I would do video HOWEVER, remember that the key here is to show you reduced the wheel hop with your parts.. So, NO different wheels, no different tires, no wet road....

Show the RPM (by sound if necessary) so we can see how high the rev is and do multiple runs (side step, high rev, and lay a patch)....

If you want, I can post the video on the FAQ (I will resize to fit space requirements if that is OK)... e-mail me if interested.

Reed
    http://www.cadillacfaq.com

GNSCOTT is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Do it on a cool night. i found I can lay a strip on a hot sunny day.

DgtalPimp is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): CTS-V CAI, CAM, BB X-pipe, Baer Extreme Plus

I can send video where ever you want it. I will take many video streams and send the raw data to who ever. Splicing and editing I assume would be done prior to making the video ready for the board. I only ask that I get the credit I deserve and the edits are done for size and bandwidth purposes.

I will show runs done without the parts first (If I can), and the same runs done with the parts. The only reason I say without if I can is because the car may get altered this week while I am out of town. If so I will still drive it the same to so wheel hop differences

Night video may not show as well on video (I am not running a movie house). I can try early before the streets heat up to much.

Dgtal

CaddyGeek is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Dgtal, if you have the time... video or pics of a patch would be great. However, I don't think they are necessary when giving your observations to the board. No matter what evidence you give some people will believe you and other's won't. I'm just interested to learn what was done to the car and the net result: Did the rear still jump up and down / shake your fillings or not?

It is doubtful that everyone on the board can send their car to Lund... so just knowing what they did, what was changed, etc would be a step forward. I'm sure there are over a dozen members who'd love to do some tweeking (either now or in the future) in the persuit of less than 5 sec to 60 and a sub 13 sec 1/4 mile.

Caddygeek - thanks for the feedback. I don't think or expect any board members to send their car to Lund. I think if someone is interested they would be able to talk to Lund and get the same parts, or similar parts via a different channel. I will send all the info I have to the board and my opinion of the work done, level of effort, and any pricing numbers I can pass along. Thanks again for the posting.

Dgtal

MotorMouth is offline Cadillac Owners Member

How do I contact Lund and where are they located.

thx

Cal
    Cal is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Am I out of my mind or did Dig never say he had the shocks YET. I can easily confirm that FG2 allows you to lay a nice big patch, but does not completely cure wheel hop. If you want hard launches, FG2 will allow you to spin your tires, and maybe give you a few more RPMs before the axles start chudding, but it is not the cure/solution.

Quote Originally Posted by MotorMouth
    How do I contact Lund and where are they located.

thx
    http://www.lundcadillac.com
    Questions: Call (602) 375-5863

Email: Denny Ferguson dennyf@lundcadillac.com
    Pulled from their site.

Location is 1311 East Bell Road Phoenix, Arizona 85022 (mapquest link shows where)
    http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp...=0&fakeTab.y=0

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.