Mallett Shifter - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Mallett Shifter in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; The cost of the shifter is $450.00 with a return core of$100.00 upon receipt of the OEM shifter. If you ...
    Cal
    Cal is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Re: Mallett Shifter

The cost of the shifter is $450.00 with a return core of$100.00 upon receipt of the OEM shifter. If you are mechanically inclined, you can change out the shifter.
    ^^ that is from the Mallett press release or whatever it was, I believe.

I may have my dealer do it just so I can go gawk at the blonde in reception.

wildwhl is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Sign me up. When will they be available?

ctsvett is offline FAQ is your Friend
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by lasstss
    Short shifter is available!
    There is the need to lower the transmission disconnect the exhaust in order to remove and install the shifter. The shifter does come with complete instructions for installation.

The lowering of the tranny is what scares me.. I am mechanically inclined, but I do not have a transmission jack nor the tools to disconnect the drive shaft.. I will need to have it don unless removing the console will be enough.

Reed

Lowering the tranny and dropping the exhaust shouldn't be too tough. Think I'll try to line up the shifter about the time a Corsa exhaust is finally available (if ever?) and do them both at the same time. That is if Corsa is less expensive direct or elsewhere than what Cadillac charges. I can't imagine the shifter install is that difficult, but of course, I say this after spending a little over 9 hours last Monday installing the shifter in my '66 Chevy II. Should have been a 45 minute deal - but I guess I forgot to keep it simple and turned it into an ordeal.

Hopefully the V shifter wouldn't be that way.

Cal

Ok I took the plunge. 2 week fabrication and they ship it out.

Only other parts currently avail. are the suspension kits but they don't have a finalized price they are made to order.

:coolgleam

Quote Originally Posted by Cal
    Ok I took the plunge. 2 week fabrication and they ship it out.

Only other parts currently avail. are the suspension kits but they don't have a finalized price they are made to order.

:coolgleam

I'm in too. Can't wait. I'll try to use my buddies lift and take pics/publish a howto if I have time...

Great to see more aftermarket finally available for the V.

Also, spoke to Corsa this a.m. and they claim we're about 3 weeks out. We'll see (sorry, no thread-jack intended).

rabid is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Ordered mine today.

Received this email this a.m. (Friday, July 2nd)

"My sincere apologies Bill! Upon multiple builds we noticed that additional
    machining was necessary to ensure customer satisfaction. I can guarantee
    that your shifter will ship following the holiday weekend. I will update
    you with tracking information when it leaves our facility. Again, thank you
    for your patience.

Regards,

Tina Fisher"

I called two weeks ago and they said they would ship mine out on June 21. However, I have not received it yet so I called them this past Monday (June 28. They said there was a defect in the machining for the shifter (or something) and they would have it sent out by the end of this week. We'll see.

Okay, mine came in the mail today.

The length of the shift arm looks a little shorter than the stock one. But I really hope it makes the shifts more precise. That is why I bought it.

The directions are pretty funny. Basically they say,
    "Remove exhaust, Remove Driveshaft, Lower Transmission, Remove shifter. Installation is reversed"

I should have time this holiday weekend to get it in. I will take pics and write intructions for everybody & www.cadillacfaq.com

benjet is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by rabid
    The directions are pretty funny. Basically they say,
    "Remove exhaust, Remove Driveshaft, Lower Transmission, Remove shifter. Installation is reversed"

I should have time this holiday weekend to get it in. I will take pics and write intructions for everybody & www.cadillacfaq.com
    That's pretty funny (not) . I may think about waiting to do this until I get under there to do some exhaust work or something (I HATE doing double work).
    Further instructions would be appreciated. You may need torque specs etc. (not that I have a service manual to help you - but someone on here does).

-Ben

Quote Originally Posted by benjet
    That's pretty funny (not) . I may think about waiting to do this until I get under there to do some exhaust work or something (I HATE doing double work).
    Further instructions would be appreciated. You may need torque specs etc. (not that I have a service manual to help you - but someone on here does).

-Ben
    I believe I should have no problem doing it; it's just funny that those are the instructions they included. Just very general. I will definitely take pics and write really good instructions. I have followed many instructions written by members of this board without any problems, and it's time for me to contribute.

I was thinking the same thing as you. I want to do the x-pipe really bad, and I thought maybe I should wait untilI figure out what I am going to do about that. I want to make should it does not void the warranty. Either way, I hope it shouldn't be long now. I can't stand the stock shifter.

ctsvett is offline FAQ is your Friend

Rabid,
    E-mail me pictures and instructions when you do this and I will post them lickedy split.

Thanks,

Reed
    http://www.cadillacfaq.com

globed70 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by rabid
    I want to do the x-pipe really bad, and I thought maybe I should wait untilI figure out what I am going to do about that. I want to make should it does not void the warranty. Either way, I hope it shouldn't be long now. I can't stand the stock shifter.
    IMHO your X-pipe work is actually less of a warranty issue than the shifter... if anything happens to the internals of you T56, they are going to debate whether the aftermarket shifter could be the cause. I can't think of what would go wrong where the X-pipe would be the cause. If you are comfortable with the shifter, then by all means go with the x-pipe. Just my take though.

Cal

If mine comes by Tues I may consider asking the dealer if they'll do it to avoid hassles, since I have to go in for my trans/diff. Something was unhappy last night pretty sure I busted it up good.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.