Cadillac Owners Forum banner

VIDEO: k&N CAI, Kook's, High Flows, Magnaflow w/X-pipe

3K views 20 replies 16 participants last post by  SkullV 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, here are 2 videos of my k&N CAI, Kook's, High Flows, Magnaflow w/X-pipe setup in action. The first video is a short one that has the ticking sound that I am hearing (anyone know what this one is?) and the second one is revving the engine from the front and back with the hood open! Enjoy!

See less See more
#2 ·
Re: k&N CAI, Kook's, High Flows, Magnaflow w/X-pipe

sounds good, I cant wait. Hows the power increase? I have basically the same setup as you. Are the headers really noticeable? Did you loose that low end umph? Also did you use the aluminum header gaskets supplied by kooks?

#3 ·

sounds good, I cant wait. Hows the power increase? I have basically the same setup as you. Are the headers really noticeable? Did you loose that low end umph? Also did you use the aluminum header gaskets supplied by kooks?
I should have mentioned that. I used Percy's Seal-4-Good dead soft aluminum gaskets and stock manifold bolts. I can REALLY feel the power increase and the EPP tune made it even better!

#4 ·

:thumbsup:

sounds amazing!

#17 ·

That Magnaflow/header combo is tough to beat as far as sound goes. Sounds fantastic! You don't get that hollow crackle that other systems seem to have. Just smooth and creamy anger!

The sound is awesome! Just imagine a little Maggie whine in there too :cool2:

#6 ·

Sounds great, now stop making videos and go stomp some rice and uber trash!!!-teach 'em that the Caddy is their daddy!!!

Two offerings, ditch the garbage can lid under the hood and throw away the CTS emblem on the trunk.

#8 ·

Sounds great, now stop making videos and go stomp some rice and uber trash!!!-teach 'em that the Caddy is their daddy!!!

Two offerings, ditch the garbage can lid under the hood and throw away the CTS emblem on the trunk.
The garbage can lid under the hood is the only thing keeping my sanity with that valve train noise!

#10 ·
I Have the Corvette FRC's and I can hear that noise if I get close. Never paid any attention to it because when I hammered the throttle all I could hear was the music coming out of the exhaust.

I'm with OBC, Go out and stomp on some rice, It's fun to see the look on their face when you just walk away from them :D

You exhaust sounds sweet :thumbsup:

#13 ·
At first I didn't even want headers.
Then I put them on my long list.
Now you guys are really pushing me to get them sooner rather than latter :rant2:

Guess I'll have to decide if I'll get the headers, or cam first. Probably cost about the same.

Sounds nice,,,REALLY mean!

#14 ·
nice purdue plates... have IU on mine (alumni 04), GO HOOSIERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we'll have a nice rivalry heading into summit point raceway :D

#16 ·
Thanks for all the compliments guys! I love the sound and it just keeps getting better and better! I did get my first taste of Mod-Hell from this mod today however. Got the CEL from cat inefficiency. I thought EPP turned off the rear 02s but I guess not. I have buddy out here with EFI live, can I use the same license that EPP used for my car?

#19 ·
I just installed rgd's Kook's 1 3/4" with their cats and jet hot coated. I mated them to the stock exhaust and everything was quiet in the garage. Drove 50 miles and could hear the ticking at the bank drive thru. I am thinking about retightening everything next week. The ticking is coming from underneath the car and think the pivoting connection where the collector meets the cats is too blame. If I find anything new I'll post here.

Norm

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.