Show Me The Headers!!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Show Me The Headers!! in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; OK , like i've posted in many threads, headers and exhaust are the most important thing for out cars right ...
    GNSCOTT is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Show Me The Headers!!

OK , like i've posted in many threads, headers and exhaust are the most important thing for out cars right now. W/out them, and mods you do will not acheive their HP gain potentials, not even close. If you can't flow exhaust out of your motor, adding more exhaust by modding other parts of your motor are near useless. Now I know someone posted a couple months back about looking for a donor car for a header/ exhaust mock up, in fact I saw at least 2 different people looking for cars. 1 offered the total system free and the other said a discount. Does anybody know the status of any headers or exhaust besides a GM approved Corsa cat back? If they found a donor car the system should be done and dyno tested.....Anyone???

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

benjet is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: Show Me The Headers!!

My only thought (not that it helps much) is Corsa should have somehting that they have produced for the CTS-VR's which:

a> wouldn't be street legal
    b> may not fit for any number of reasons (engine farther back, more room in engine bay, etc?)
    c> prolly pricey? (total assumption on my part)

-Ben

P.S. GHL, Borla and B&B might have been some of the others that have been mentioned (altho a TUBI would really be nice!)

Cal
    Cal is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Corsa is 2-3 weeks out on the cat-back.

Only headers currently available as part of a PACKAGE deal are through Mallett and he said, quote:

they are a "pain in the ass" to fabricate

He estimated that if he did do a kit for it to ship to other shops, it would be in July or so.

SLP near me had hinted they might be interested in a donor car, but never called me back. If anyone in the NJ area is interested I'm all ears. Other than that, nothing on the radar.

DarthVader Guest

Order this kit from Summit and get the welder out this weekend!

S10xGN is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS

Quote Originally Posted by DarthVader
    Order this kit from Summit and get the welder out this weekend!

I ASSume that was a joke as those header flanges are for the '55 thru '96 heads, and NOT the LS style heads...

Wrk Car is offline Cadillac Owners Member

We just have to give them some time.Some vender will help us.

DarthVader Guest

Yes, it was a joke and I'm glad you are gearhead enough to notice they are for the Gen-I small block. Once could easily fab up some flanges and still fab up a set.....

GNSCOTT is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Custom ones are very pricey, problably well over $2k. And Rich, how the hell did you smoke the tires? You still have the stock run flats on there?

CVP33 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V sedan, '13ZL1 vert, '12 V coupe

That pix is a clip from the GM video. They show a long smokey burnout with no wheel hop. I have no idea how they did it. But sure wish I did.

DarthVader Guest

My sig pic is from the GM video off the Caddy website as I haven't got my car yet - the order is placed and I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of my V!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.