AMG vs. V - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, AMG vs. V in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; E55 vs. CTS V series.. Chosing between the two would most probably be best served by whether you want an ...
    JBsZ06 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS AWD FE2 DI 304hp

Re: AMG vs. V

E55 vs. CTS V series..

Chosing between the two would most probably be best served by whether you want an automatic or a six speed manual..

Both great cars but the choice for me would be the CTS V series..

Awesome car!

argoldst is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I have a 2002 clk55. I love it. The ONLY downside to it was the handling and no manual

My lease is up in August and I am deciding between a e55 or a v.

So far, I am leaning toward a v. A lot less money and the car seems to be more fun.

You just can't have much fun in an automatic car

globed70 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

I agree with most of you.... driving fun is best served by a V. The only thing the E55 has going for it is massive straight line ability from launch to high speeds. But when you get into the twisties, the extra power means little. Mercedes has done a wonderful job of creating high power musclecars for those with a few $$$. More than a few supercar owners will have to get used to being humiliated on the street from these AMG engined cars. Amazing they are putting out full warranteed cars with 470-600+ hp. $79k for a basic E55 is not a bad deal when you consider that it likely puts out closer to 500hp and has $ electronics to put it to the ground. Unfortunately, like Porsche, even the basic options add massive $$$ to your bill, easily pushed to $95k (which makes the V an even better deal since you get alot of nifty crap for the base price).

Rob Ketcham is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I have 7000 miles on my V and 70000 miles on my C43 AMG. The V handles better, has better brakes and all the new electronic goodies that 6 years has brought along. It also rides better.
    The C43 is a wonderful car and a sleeper like the V. It has done battle with blown Porches and S4s and never let me down. I haven't had the V on the track but I am convinced that it will seriously outperform the C43 there. I did check out the C32 before choosing the V, but for me there was no comparison. I like a V8 and a little more room than the C32 offered. And the C32 is really pricy (as was my C43), but at that time the only other choice was a M series and I wasn't ready for that ever again. (I had a wonderful E30 M3 when Ms were Ms.)
    I have also been thinking from my experience with the C43 which needed a new transmission and front suspension parts and some other stuff along the way that those cars are not only expensive to buy, but the quality is not going up, as with Cadillac, but going down.
    Rob

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.