Shifter for the V?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Shifter for the V? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; I have my shop calling around, does anyone know if the V will take a Hurst shifter? I have heard ...
    Cal
    Cal is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Shifter for the V?

I have my shop calling around, does anyone know if the V will take a Hurst shifter? I have heard (I think on here buried in a post) that the T56 is designed differently than the Z06 tranny, that it doesn't have the same bolts or that it's integrated somehow with the trans, I hope not but since Hurst isn't getting back to us, does anyone know or has anyone replaced their shifter yet?

- C.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

DarthVader Guest

Re: Shifter for the V?

The Z06 transmission is mounted in the rear of the car and is actuated through a linkage system. The V's transmission is bolted to the engine in a "traditional" arrangement with the shifter mounted directly to the transmission wihtout any linkages. With that in mind, I'd suggest looking for a F-body, Mustang or Viper aftermarket shifter to see if it is compatible with the V.

Uber-V is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Last month I sat in one of the Mallett V's. I tried the shifter (sitting - not driving) and it seemed to be much better (tighter and more precise). You can't really tell untill you drive but it sure felt better than stock. You may want to call Mallett to see how they have addressed this. I don't know if it is an available kit. 440-243-8550

ttown is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I am looking for a shifter as well, when going from the Z06 (with a tight aftermarket shifter) to the CTS-V I feel like I am shifting a school bus. If anyone finds one I would appreciate a pm. Maybe if we get enough people we could get a group discount!

Cal
    Cal is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

My shop is calling Mallett today. I am going in later in the week to get the CAK and hopefully a shifter put in. I'll post dyno slips after that gets done to see what kind of rwhp the CAK gives the car. Sadly that's the only mod for this week in terms of hp, damn Corsa, hurry the hell up! I'll also be getting the initial fitting for the ATI kit.

- C.

bryce3 is offline BAD EMAIL ADDRESS

I called hurst and they have nothing coming out in the near future. I also called B&M, they don't have one coming out for the CTS-V but they do have one coming out in the next 6 months for the GTO. The tech told me that he thinks they are the same T-56.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.