UUC Differential Bushing / Trans Mount / Motor Mount Thread - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, UUC Differential Bushing / Trans Mount / Motor Mount Thread in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by WheelHop Told you I was wrong .. But I'm talking about more of a instructional thing..?? Is ...
    Twitch is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V, '00 SLS, 98 SLS, 89 Eldo, '80 Eldo

Re: UUC Differential Bushing / Trans Mount / Motor Mount Thread

Quote Originally Posted by WheelHop View Post
    Told you I was wrong .. But I'm talking about more of a instructional thing..??

Is there a picture anywhere of the whole cradle together w/ the rearend attached??
    I thought all you had to do was remove the bushing bolts and lower the cradle?
    I think most of our bigger issues are bushing related. Guess thats gonna be my spring project.
    '05 Platinum l LPE CAI l Magnaflow l V1 (hardwired), w/ custom mount l UUC shifter l UUC Alcantara shift knob l K9 GEAR rear seat cover lHID fogs lHotchkis sways lCG-Lock l Specter Bushings l FG2s l Ground control 550/600 l MAGGIE 439RWHP/414RWTQ (Dynojet) l Heavys fire extinguisher bracket l Interceptor scan-gauge l Billet pedals l Meth l NO HEADERS l Original diff l 90mm upgrade l 2.6" drive pulley l LS7 clutch w/16lb. FW l Alcantara

slothV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by ZEUSROTTY View Post
    i will test the shit out of them... now...
    haha I'll bet shit filled mounts would perform better than the stock ones.

Nels is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 Cadillac CTS Supercharged

I was planing to making poly cradle and diff busings over the winter, but I was asked to wait. My plan was to take step by step pictures of the install.

Sorry guys.

WheelHop is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 Black CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Twitch View Post
    I thought all you had to do was remove the bushing bolts and lower the cradle?
    Well, there's brake lanes, electrical lines, etc etc. that I would want to know where they are so I wouldn't mess anything up.. I wouldn't say anything isn't as easy as just unbolting 4 bolts.

WheelHop is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 Black CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Nels View Post
    I was planing to making poly cradle and diff busings over the winter, but I was asked to wait. My plan was to take step by step pictures of the install.

Sorry guys.
    Too bad.. You could have made CRAZY rep points!

Don't get me wrong. The cradle is coming down and I'm going ahead and make a set for myself. I'll have a few other sets just in case I’m told to go ahead with production.

I gave someone word and I intend on keeping it.

Quote Originally Posted by WheelHop View Post
    Well, there's brake lanes, electrical lines, etc etc. that I would want to know where they are so I wouldn't mess anything up.. I wouldn't say anything isn't as easy as just unbolting 4 bolts.
    Oh no, nothing's ever that simple (except my exhaust, surprised how that went so smoothly). But if you look at the thread about the $17 DIY weelhop kit, it looks like he just lowered it enough to get at the bushings. Doubt you have to drop the whole cradle.
    '05 Platinum l LPE CAI l Magnaflow l V1 (hardwired), w/ custom mount l UUC shifter l UUC Alcantara shift knob l K9 GEAR rear seat cover lHID fogs lHotchkis sways lCG-Lock l Specter Bushings l FG2s l Ground control 550/600 l MAGGIE 439RWHP/414RWTQ (Dynojet) l Heavys fire extinguisher bracket l Interceptor scan-gauge l Billet pedals l Meth l NO HEADERS l Original diff l 90mm upgrade l 2.6" drive pulley l LS7 clutch w/16lb. FW l Alcantara

ZEUSROTTY is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

What the hell... I could get some made outa whatever grade uerathane you guys want, and have them done in a few weeks... Who is in?

Quote Originally Posted by ZEUSROTTY View Post
    What the hell... I could get some made outa whatever grade uerathane you guys want, and have them done in a few weeks... Who is in?
    Sure took your time speaking up there buddy.

Sounds like a plan,,,what you think this would run $$$

Oh BTW, I'm talking about the cradle bushings. UUC's making only the fronts, but I guess it would be better to make front and rear.

Oh BTW, I'm talking about the cradle bushings. UUC's making only the fronts, but I guess it would be better to make front and rear.
    I understood that UUC was making front and rear cradle bushings as well diff bushings. I'll get more info on that.

ZEUSROTTY is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

i have a guy that can water jet the bushings from uerathane... It may take a few days to get ahold of him... I will start the ball rolling... What all should i get done?

cradle bushings
    engine mounts
    trans mounts
    ?

Scatillac is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V w/ warmed-over LS7

Urethane Differential Bushing / Trans Mount / Motor Mount

Zeus,

I was looking at Delrin for the cradle mounts/differential bushing but it might be a bit harsh form a noise standpoint.

I running the GMPD cradle inserts now with decent results but still room for improvement.

I'd be interested in the cradle bushings, motor mounts and differential bushing in urethane (quality/cost dependent).

There's also an awful amount of slop in the driveshaft carrier bearing, although I don't know if it is negative contributing factor to the "clunk" (since the engine swap, all my clunk is gone...The C5 flywheel assembly did the trick).

bpitas is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac CTS-V

It would be cool if *someone* would create both front and rear cradle bushings in something higher durometer than the stock jello-rubber! I know the UUC ones we've all been waiting for will be awesome, but it *does* seem like it's taking them forever to complete the project... I know this stuff requires testing, but... I would think you can try three different stiffnesses, test each for a week (in parallel on three different cars, so you can do side-by-side comparisons) and then go with whichever one is the best compromise. Shouldn't take more than a month to go to production...
    Anyway, does anyone know what's going to be involved in removing the *old* bushings? Alot of the full bushing replacements I've seen require either pressing out the old one or burning it out with a torch. Definitely more complicated than just dropping the cradle 4" to get behind it... I'd be surprised if the bushings just pop right out of the cradle, but then they *could* have designed it so they slip right out since the stock bushing is retained on both sides. (by the chassis on the top and a big washer on the bottom) Still, I suspect this'll be a decent amount of effort to outright replace the bushings...

-B

Lindsay Cadillac Parts is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): All of them

UUC is making the front diff mount only. I decided to ask them to make only this one based on the rears being a complete pain to change (what I was told anyway) and not having any sales history at all on replacing the rears in our shop here. UUC has a reputation to protect (as do I) and thats why the delay in getting product to sell. they are having an independent lab test both this bushing and the poly engine mounts that they have made to the point of failure so that they can be sure under driving conditions (racing or not) these parts, that have never been on cars, will not fail. they also want to make sure they get just the right durometer poly to have a great alternative to the mushy pieces there now but not transmit a ton of noise. be patient fella's the end of the year will be here before you know it!!!!
    Luke Butler
    703-647-8670
    lbutler@lindsaycadillac.com

Quote Originally Posted by bpitas View Post
    It would be cool if *someone* would create both front and rear cradle bushings in something higher durometer than the stock jello-rubber! I know the UUC ones we've all been waiting for will be awesome, but it *does* seem like it's taking them forever to complete the project... I know this stuff requires testing, but... I would think you can try three different stiffnesses, test each for a week (in parallel on three different cars, so you can do side-by-side comparisons) and then go with whichever one is the best compromise. Shouldn't take more than a month to go to production...
    Anyway, does anyone know what's going to be involved in removing the *old* bushings? Alot of the full bushing replacements I've seen require either pressing out the old one or burning it out with a torch. Definitely more complicated than just dropping the cradle 4" to get behind it... I'd be surprised if the bushings just pop right out of the cradle, but then they *could* have designed it so they slip right out since the stock bushing is retained on both sides. (by the chassis on the top and a big washer on the bottom) Still, I suspect this'll be a decent amount of effort to outright replace the bushings...

-B

From what I can see the cradle bushings need to be burned out. I'll know more this weekend.

I was planning on making them and keeping it quit for awhile, but I don't want to reinvent the wheel. It seems it's a hot topic and I don't want to compete against anyone in the same small community.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.