Hit the dyno today...
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Hit the dyno today... in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; first pull - 322.7rwhp 316.2sae (torque) second pull - 332.3rwhp 324.1sae bone stock with 514 miles voila, I'll scan the ...
    Cal
    Cal is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Hit the dyno today...

first pull - 322.7rwhp 316.2sae (torque)

second pull - 332.3rwhp 324.1sae

bone stock with 514 miles

voila, I'll scan the charts in later on, and some photos possibly (exciting stuff).

The guy at ECS said he's seen stock Z06s with low mileage pull 330rwhp and hit 350rwhp after 1k miles or so once they get broken in.

- Cal

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

catbert is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: Hit the dyno today...

I'd hope for no less than 345HP for the LS6 broken in. :coolgleam

Cal

350 for a z06 compared to a CTS which is allegedly only 5hp less...but has different airflow etc, I've heard people say the thing dynos at 315-330 typically (on this board) so I don't know what to expect. I beat 330 at least!

- C.

ctsv4me is offline Cadillac Owners Member

That's right where I would expect them to be, considering the printed specs for the V.

Also, what kind (brand) of dyno?

Cal

Take a look for yourself. It's actually a trailer so they take it around to shows with them. Only thing that sucks is you can't use it in the rain, since it's open-topped. I have some photos of the car on it, will post those in a couple days.

For those of you new to dynos (like I was) a tip the guy gave me to get the best pull is to make a run, then let it cool 15-20 minutes and go again. As you can see he picked up 10hp doing that.

- C.
    Attached Images

Jon
    Jon is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 09 CTS Premium 6 Speed, 04 CTS 3.6L, 2014 ATS 2.0T

So you're making 390hp at the flywheel, 10 less than advertised. It's not too bad I guess.

JEM
    JEM is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Jon
    So you're making 390hp at the flywheel, 10 less than advertised. It's not too bad I guess.
    Converting wheel HP to flywheel HP is nowhere near an exact science.

From what I've seen, a lot of big-motor cars also are cooling-limited on dynos; it's almost impossible to get enough airflow through the radiator and engine compartment to get a dyno measurement that corresponds to real-world on-road HP.

Cal

Yes, it may be worth noting he didn't have the fan on for the first pull. The fan was one of those small plastic jobs, pushes a decent amount of air, but as you said nowhere near what you get full on at 80+ mph.

I'm loading mileage on the car so we'll see how she performs as we go.

oceanhut is offline BAD EMAIL ADDRESS

Interesting article in the latest issue of Car & Driver on dyno testing. In short, they are quite unreliable, especially those that do not use a high powered fan; and your HP numbers can change dramatically depending on which dyno you use. I bet you could gain a few HPs if you had a big fan blowing on you.

ctsv4me is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jon
    Even if it really was only 390 at the flywheel, that would easily leave room for 10 more horsepower as the engine loosens up to hit the stated 400...

This is such a proven engine, it's not like Caddy is BS-ing the HP numbers. And the 1/4 mile times back up the power claims.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.