Ok, already time for mods! - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Ok, already time for mods! in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Thanks for the tips on the brakes, I will also talk to the performance shop I am going to for ...
    Cal
    Cal is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Re: Ok, already time for mods!

Thanks for the tips on the brakes, I will also talk to the performance shop I am going to for their opinion on some brands that work well on this line.

Road courses are definitely my interest. Does anyone know of any good ones within about 150-200 mi of southern NJ?

- Cal

benjet is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

I have 2 nags on my V that really have little to do with making it go faster, stop quicker or handle better.

1. I want a hand operated parking/E-brake - as opposed to a pedal.

2. I want reverse/backup sensors like the SRX.

While I was getting my tint done yesterday I was talking with the shop owner who I know personally - he does alot of car customization stuff. He showed me an install (<$300) of a German made 4 sensor system which looks dead to nuts stock (yes of course have to put 4 holes in the rear bumper - wired to the reverse lights with an integrated tweeter as the audiable alarm - in the trunk). It sounds cheap and cheesy but it wasn't - it came together just fine, I have seen some awfully FUGLY aftermarket kits to do this, I would NEVER have considered it until yesterday.

Anyone have any thoughts on this idea?

I'm already working on the handbrake idea too.

-Ben

DarthVader Guest

Mmmm....hand brake. F-body donor? Hard part is the console.

4. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

Cal

e-brake is, of course, used for those J-turns everyone does in their CTS (as per Matrix)

My other car is an SUV so I'm actually used to the brake there, but it is a pain in the ass to put 2 feet on pedals, turn off, move left foot to ebrake.

I think I'm starting the mod process in a day or two, will keep you all posted.

Back-up sensors are nice in a big car, this one doesn't have a long enough trunk to make it matter in my opinion. I wouldn't drill holes in the rear bumper for it, but if it was an option I would have taken it.

- C.

Cal

Here's what I am going with for the first set:

More Performance air box - $199
    alleged rwhp = 21

Corsa cat-back package - $TBD

Hurst shifter - no idea if it'll fit

tires - Michelin Pilot Sport - $TBD

When I bring the car back in they are going to start fitting it for a custom ATI supercharger. Not sure how they will get it in or which kit they will decide on yet, but it should be a blast (literally). - $TBD

dyno tune - will be done after the charger is in place - $325

overall goal - 500rwhp

Will keep everyone posted with results along the way.

Other possible changes:

porting throttle body
    underdrive pulleys (may get done during charger install)
    22" spinners (kidding) :drinker

benjet is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Cal
    Back-up sensors are nice in a big car, this one doesn't have a long enough trunk to make it matter in my opinion. I wouldn't drill holes in the rear bumper for it, but if it was an option I would have taken it.
    Around these parts there isn't ANYTHING other than parallel parking (even on hills!) and I know sooner or later the bumper is going to get it, figured I was going to try to buy some time for <$300. I can certainly see in other areas it wouldn't be as big a concern.

-Ben

8. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.