LS2 V Performance Computer
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, LS2 V Performance Computer in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Does anyone have their 2006 or 2007 CTS-V's computer reprogrammed? I have seen some posts where people went to dyno ...
    2k6V4me is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Lightbulb LS2 V Performance Computer

Does anyone have their 2006 or 2007 CTS-V's computer reprogrammed? I have seen some posts where people went to dyno shops, but is there a company out there that I can ship my PCM to for programming? StealthV's website stated it was coming last October, but hasn't been updated.

Thanks,

AP

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Ronsv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 Black Diamond Sedan,2.55, cold air, ARH; 09 Z06

Re: LS2 V Performance Computer

You did not mention where you live, so I don't know if New Jersey is local for you. But if Jersey is in your neck of the woods, go straight to TT Performance in Passaic, New Jersey. You will not find a finer performance shop than them, or a nicer bunch of guys. They are very V friendly; one of the staff has an 05V that put down 515 rwhp yesterday while I was at the shop having my 07 tuned.
    Check out the May issue of GM high-tech performance and you will see Matt (the tuner and shop owner) tuning an 07 vette, the 07vette uses the same ECM that LS2 V's use.
    Matt has tuned both Jrandal's and my V, I made 356 rwhp and 356 torque (SAE corrected) 365 / 365 uncorrected with Kooks and corsa, Jessie made about the same.
    Hope this info helps!

I live in the Bay Area, Ca so Jersey would be a little far. I've had the V since October and have under 4k miles still. I'm trying to decide what would give me the most bang for the buck. I have Borla exhaust with the magnaflow x-pipe, k&n drop in filter, and CAGS eliminator. I figure the computer would be next. I'm not ready to do the supercharger just yet, want to pay it off first.

Quote Originally Posted by 2k6V4me View Post
    I live in the Bay Area, Ca so Jersey would be a little far. I've had the V since October and have under 4k miles still. I'm trying to decide what would give me the most bang for the buck. I have Borla exhaust with the magnaflow x-pipe, k&n drop in filter, and CAGS eliminator. I figure the computer would be next. I'm not ready to do the supercharger just yet, want to pay it off first.
    Do headers, then go for a tune. Headers are one of the best bang for the buck mods. Not only do headers give you more power (about an honest 15 - 20 Rwhp) but they will also give your car a serious growl when you lean into the throttle. Then you simply have to decide heads/cam or supercharger.

What are the best headers to get and how's the installation on them? I am in Ca so they have to be CARB EO approved. I went through major problems on the Grand Prix getting it smogged in the past with headers.

I Don't know much about CA smog laws, but in NY so long as you don't have a CEL light on, the test for an 06 - 07 is a computer scan, looking for failure codes.
    Call the guys at Kook's, they make very good headers for the V. The instillation is very easy, so long as you have some experience turning a wrench. Kook's does not make a connection pipe for your cat back setup, but if you buy a set of high flow cats from kook's along with O2 extensions, any decent muffler shop will be able to make them fit. Good luck!

SoCal-VEE is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 CTS-V (Sold)...making room

What kind of gains should one expect on the LS2 with headers/cats/exhaust/cai and a good tune?

Ttt...

HushH is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Nada

Quote Originally Posted by SoCal-VEE View Post
    What kind of gains should one expect on the LS2 with headers/cats/exhaust/cai and a good tune?
    ~30-40rwhp

Exhaust about 5 HP
    Headers 15 - 20 HP
    Tune 15 HP
    Total gain about 35 real rwhp, give or take 5 HP.

SoCal-VEE is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 CTS-V (Sold)...making room

I thought so much........thanks

6Speed is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 Blacked Out CTS-V

Hello guys. I have an 06 V with a Lingenfelter intake a corsa, Katech short throw shifter, Eibach lowering kit C6 Corvette Shift knob and Frc's . My car is GM certified. The service managertells me it has a tune from lingenfelter. Is that possible. I have researched tuners for this car and it seems that no one makes a flash tuner for it. Can anyone help me. He also said to put headers on it and said that it won't void my warranty.

L82gofast is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by 2k6V4me View Post
    Does anyone have their 2006 or 2007 CTS-V's computer reprogrammed? I have seen some posts where people went to dyno shops, but is there a company out there that I can ship my PCM to for programming? StealthV's website stated it was coming last October, but hasn't been updated.

Thanks,

AP
    Check Nelson Performance in San Antonio TX. You can send your pcm to him and get it tuned. They also will update it for any future mods for free as long as you own the car.

I have had Allen there tune several of my vehicles over the years and have always been pleased with the results.

6Speed is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 Blacked Out CTS-V

Thumbs down Re: LS2 V Performance Computer

Quote Originally Posted by 6Speed View Post
    Hello guys. I have an 06 V with a Lingenfelter intake a corsa, Katech short throw shifter, Eibach lowering kit C6 Corvette Shift knob and Frc's . My car is GM certified. The service managertells me it has a tune from lingenfelter. Is that possible. I have researched tuners for this car and it seems that no one makes a flash tuner for it. Can anyone help me. He also said to put headers on it and said that it won't void my warranty.

Wow one at a time folks slow down, I can only read one post at a time!!!! Don't hurt yourselves!!

darkman is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by 6Speed View Post
    Wow one at a time folks slow down, I can only read one post at a time!!!! Don't hurt yourselves!!
    Diablo makes a hand held tuner for the CTS-V. I don't know whether they are work well or not because I have never used one and they have not been the subject of discussion on this forum with any frequency.

The tunes discussed here lately are either mail-order tunes from Jesse at Wait4Me tunes or local hands-on tuners. I have used both. The Wait4Me tunes are a bargain and work well. Jesse will send you a tuned ECM and you can keep yours as spare. I also have a good local tuner, but that won't help you. If someone does not chime in with a tuner in your area you can do a search on tunes, dyno, etc.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.