LS2 V Performance Computer - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, LS2 V Performance Computer in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Well being in FL, you should definitely look into Diablosport In House tuning (great tunes, generous dyno) or get a ...
    SkullV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): NONE

Re: LS2 V Performance Computer

Well being in FL, you should definitely look into Diablosport In House tuning (great tunes, generous dyno) or get a hold of Jeremy Formato who is one of if not the most respected LSx tuner in the nation.

whisler151 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe, 2010 Ford Raptor

Just find a local Corvette shop. Problem solved. They can hook you up with anything and everything.

darkman is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by whisler151 View Post
    Just find a local Corvette shop. Problem solved. They can hook you up with anything and everything.
    Good advice, and should work in most places.

Oddly, there is one major Corvette shop here in Houston that will not work on, or even dyno, a CTS-V or any other non-vette even in this economic environment.

whisler151 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe, 2010 Ford Raptor
    Quote Originally Posted by darkman View Post
    Good advice, and should work in most places.

Oddly, there is one major Corvette shop here in Houston that will not work on, or even dyno, a CTS-V or any other non-vette even in this economic environment.
    Wow, what shop is that? Not one we toured I'm guessing.

Quote Originally Posted by whisler151 View Post
    Wow, what shop is that? Not one we toured I'm guessing.
    It is not one we toured. It is Englandgreen, located in south Houston. Their website says C5 & C6 Corvettes only. I called them anyway, but no dice on an LS6 in the "wrong" body. I would call them snobs except I am really just jealous I suppose.

6Speed is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 Blacked Out CTS-V

Diablo makes a hand held tuner for the CTS-V. I don't know whether they are work well or not because I have never used one and they have not been the subject of discussion on this forum with any frequency.

The tunes discussed here lately are either mail-order tunes from Jesse at Wait4Me tunes or local hands-on tuners. I have used both. The Wait4Me tunes are a bargain and work well. Jesse will send you a tuned ECM and you can keep yours as spare. I also have a good local tuner, but that won't help you. If someone does not chime in with a tuner in your area you can do a search on tunes, dyno, etc.
    I have extensively researched this with no luck. Not diablo, Hypertech or any other "well known" hand held tuner seems to exist for this car.

**Note: a few months ago my friend that owned a 2007 zo6 had a Diablosport tuner he was going to sell to me for a 100 bucks we went to the website, and it listed that it will work on ls2 cars with certain ending vin #'s if the vehicle is not listed on the site, and it happend to match mine. Soooooo we hooked it up my car and to my dismay it blinked "vehicle not supported" on the screen. I called diablo sport and the man that answered the phone basically yelled at me saying " WE WILL NOT MAKE A TUNER FOR THAT CAR" and basically offered no help nor tried to find other options. Since they are in the tuning world, I would figure they knew something that would help. I to this day I wished I got the dudes name so I can spread the word.

Quote Originally Posted by SkullV View Post
    Well being in FL, you should definitely look into Diablosport In House tuning (great tunes, generous dyno) or get a hold of Jeremy Formato who is one of if not the most respected LSx tuner in the nation.
    ^^Read the above^^ Screw Diablosport!!!

It is not one we toured. It is Englandgreen, located in south Houston. Their website says C5 & C6 Corvettes only. I called them anyway, but no dice on an LS6 in the "wrong" body. I would call them snobs except I am really just jealous I suppose.
    He must be gay butt buddies with the Diablosport guy!!!

Wrong body, yeah right, we could fit in three extra bitches and still haul ass!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 6Speed View Post
    I have extensively researched this with no luck. Not diablo, Hypertech or any other "well known" hand held tuner seems to exist for this car.

**Note: a few months ago my friend that owned a 2007 zo6 had a Diablosport tuner he was going to sell to me for a 100 bucks we went to the website, and it listed that it will work on ls2 cars with certain ending vin #'s if the vehicle is not listed on the site, and it happend to match mine. Soooooo we hooked it up my car and to my dismay it blinked "vehicle not supported" on the screen. I called diablo sport and the man that answered the phone basically yelled at me saying " WE WILL NOT MAKE A TUNER FOR THAT CAR" and basically offered no help nor tried to find other options. Since they are in the tuning world, I would figure they knew something that would help. I to this day I wished I got the dudes name so I can spread the word.

Oops, my bad. Diablo is available for the CTS-V, but perhaps not for those with truck motors.

P.S. I had double checked with a Google search, but misread the info at this link "LS7" (must be typo) is not "2007".
    http://www.afterthoughtsauto.com/diprfltu20ca.html

Oops, my bad. Diablo is available for the CTS-V, but perhaps not for those with truck motors.

P.S. I had double checked with a Google search, but misread the info at this link "LS7" (must be typo) is not "2007".
    http://www.afterthoughtsauto.com/diprfltu20ca.html
    Ok that's not really the answer I was looking for. My V definatly does not have a truck motor in it considering the diablo sport works with the ls2 in trucks and not a v.

The Ls7 thing was funny looks like they have no clue on what they are selling!!

I think this might be my last post on this forum.

Kind Regards...

SkullV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): NONE

Quote Originally Posted by 6Speed View Post

I am talking about Diablo Sport In-house tuning. Their tuner is supposed to be FANTASTIC with an LSx powerplant. OneBadCad has his maggied 383 tuned by them and is making great safe power!

soundexp is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 06' CTS-V

I got a replacement PCM from Jesse at W4M and he has since retuned it to reflect my mods for no additional charge. Although I have not dynoed the car you don't need a dyno to feel the difference. Highly recommended!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.