2005 CTS-V Performance Shock Option
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, 2005 CTS-V Performance Shock Option in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Wife just e-mailed me and said that another option for the 2005 V is going to be a performance shock ...
    ssmith100 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

2005 CTS-V Performance Shock Option

Wife just e-mailed me and said that another option for the 2005 V is going to be a performance shock option (FG2) which will be available the first week of April production. This could be to help eleviate the wheel hop problem. I guess all of us 2004 owners will have to anti up some money if we want to upgrade. I'll keep everyone posted of anymore changes she is aware of.

Shane

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Clintonwmills is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: 2005 CTS-V Performance Shock Option

i think it is a dealer install.

miscreant is offline GM Connection

Quote Originally Posted by ssmith100
    Wife just e-mailed me and said that another option for the 2005 V is going to be a performance shock option (FG2) which will be available the first week of April production. This could be to help eleviate the wheel hop problem. I guess all of us 2004 owners will have to anti up some money if we want to upgrade. I'll keep everyone posted of anymore changes she is aware of.

Shane
    I had alluded to this in a previous post. I'm under the impression that this replaces the rear Nivomat load leveling shocks with monotube performance shocks (like the fronts).
    2004 Cadillac CTS (**SOLD** ): http://www.ctsowners.com
    2004 Pontiac GTO: http://www.myyellowgto.com

BlueMalibu is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '07 CTS 3.6 Sport, 6-Speed

I ordered my '04 NON-V CTS with option FE2 - Load leveling delete. Maybe this is the same thing? The FE2 option is only available with the PDX sport package. It is a $255 credit.

If the V uses the special load leveling shocks maybe that is part of the wheel hop issue.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueMalibu
    I ordered my '04 NON-V CTS with option FE2 - Load leveling delete. Maybe this is the same thing? The FE2 option is only available with the PDX sport package. It is a $255 credit.

If the V uses the special load leveling shocks maybe that is part of the wheel hop issue.
    The FE2 is slightly different. Both the "standard" sport package (or PDX equipped CTS) and the CTS-V uses rear Nivomat (made by Sachs/Boge) shocks, but the CTS-V features different ones (along with 10mm larger front shocks). The CTS-V features the FE4 suspension.

JEM
    JEM is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

I don't want to say "Nivomat's been a curse on everything it's ever been used on", but...I'd certainly take advantage of any option that deleted it.

msheri01 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

The suspension upgrade is over and above the FE4 suspension, and the option is 1260.00 additional. RPO code is FG2 I believe. I modified most of our orders this morning.

nandanrp is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Any specifics on what the $1260 buys you? Is it just rear suspension?

JEM
    JEM is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

For $1260, and considering GM gets to keep the money they'd have spent on the Nivomat stuff, one thinks one ought to be getting something like the Ohlins remote-reservoir setup HSV is offering on the Aussie-market GTS.

darrelld is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

The FG2 Package will be supplied through SPO and sent separate from the V to the dealer. It is then dealer installed. The most likely good news about this is that the parts through the parts counter should not carry a high markup like non-accessory parts typically do...Now let's see if it will fit the regular CTS

benjet is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Obviously the sooner you can find out what the contents of this package (and corresponding part#s) the better....keep us updated....

Thanks again for all of your contributions/info.

-Ben

CTSV OWNER is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTSV

Has anyone been able to get a over the part counter number for this package?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.