Schroth Harness Update - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Schroth Harness Update in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by ctsvett ... I for one may do this just for more support when driving fun in the ...
    50 4Ever is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V (Thunder Grey)

Re: Schroth Harness Update

Quote Originally Posted by ctsvett View Post

I for one may do this just for more support when driving fun in the hills near where I live.

Reed, might want to double check the law but when I had harnesses installed in my Corvette 5 years ago I was told that it was illegal in CA to drive with a racing harness in place of a seatbelt on public roads. Didn't make any sense to me then and makes even less now. Everything in CA is illegal...

AAIIIC is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

I believe Scroth's 4-point harnesses are actually DOT legal (and a quick look at their homepage confirms that). I don't know of any 5-point or 6-point harnesses that are DOT legal, most likely because the companies concentrate on designing them for SFI and FIA certification, not DOT legality.

I have a Scroth Quick Fit 4-point harness in my Subaru that I use when I auto-x the car. I do not use the harness when I open track the car, as I have no roll-over protection in the car and the general consensus is harness use without a rollbar is bad joo-joo.
    '05 Stealth Grey CTS-V, Hyper Silver Linea Corse Venetos w/Continental ExtremeContact DWs (summer), black Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 wheels with 275/35-18 R-compounds (track), Hyperblack Rota Torques (winter), KW Variant3s, V2 front brakes, Hotchkis rear sway bar, EPS cam, TEA-ported 243 heads, FAST92 intake w/LS2 TB, JBA Camaro/G8 1-3/4" shorty headers w/JBA cat pipes, Corsa exhaust, UUC motor and tranny mounts, UUC shifter, MAPerformance trailing arms, Specter cradle bushings, etc...

jweymar is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 05 Eforce LS3 V

Anybody here do this? I am trying to figure out the part numbers or contact info, because HMS doesn't have any #s

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Just ditch the V for a V2 and Recaro'''''''''''''''''s. Never move around again...

DrSpeed is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

I know it's 9 months old, but their number is on their website:

http://www.hmsmotorsport.com/

9A Electronics Ave
    Danvers, MA 01923
    Toll Free: 888.467.3269
    Voice: 978.774.1615
    Fax: 978.774.1548

DDS rollin a CTS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V, 2001 Honda Shadow Sabre

Hey guys, I autocross my V and while other drivers and passengers in my car have complained about moving around too much, I've always felt like I could brace myself alright and didn't need the extra help. Well fast forward to today, I was talking to my neighbor who is in a wheelchair. I offered to take him for a ride at the next autocross. As we talked, we realized the normal seatbelts may not be enough to keep him in place since he has limited control of his upper body as well. I figured this would be a great excuse to get a set of four point harnesses until I just looked them up and saw how expensive they are. So I guess my question is, how much do these really help? Also has anyone else purchased a set recently and if so do you know if they'd offer a discount for getting them as a pair? Finally is there someone specific I should talk to? They don't list the CTS-V application on their site, and I see from here that some customization was needed, but I guess I'm unclear on what exactly needs to be customized.

Thanks!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.