Got my VIN Number !!!!!!! (CTS-V)
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Got my VIN Number !!!!!!! (CTS-V) in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Wife just e-mailed me my VIN number: 1G6DN57S840170882. Car (CTS-V) should be here April the 8th. I wonder if these ...
    ssmith100 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Got my VIN Number !!!!!!! (CTS-V)

Wife just e-mailed me my VIN number: 1G6DN57S840170882.

Car (CTS-V) should be here April the 8th. I wonder if these VIN numbers, last five digits are going to be the manufacture number of car. Mine would be 882. If so, that seems kind of low for the month of April. The 2005's will start shipping in August. Oh well, looking forward to a V-8 again.

Shane

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

lasstss is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: Got my VIN Number !!!!!!! (CTS-V)

Congrats, you will love this car... As far as the vin. Check earlier posts. The numbers are non sequential. They are mixed in with the other CTS's.

CTSV OWNER is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTSV

Mine vin ends with 57009 since mine was put into use on 02-12-04, I figure my vin should be lower than one not built yet. Our vins differ starting after the (S)

It would have been cool to use numbers in succession.

beers is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Sedan (gray/black), previous 2004 CTS-V

Got to test drive a CTS-V at a recent Drive Summit in So. Cal. Wow! You will have a blast driving this vehicle. Congrats!

Wife told me last night that they moved my delivery date up to March 25!!

Looks like next Thursday I'll be picking up my car. Still would like to know what production number my car is.

Shane

GNSCOTT is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

i'm 69501. My car was built march 10th and could be here as soon as tomorrow. WHere are you guys located that you have to wait so long for delivery? I'm in Ct. My dealer has a delivery date of the 22nd.

Actually I've only been waiting about 5 weeks on my car. I'm in Texas and between Austin and Houston I think there have been a lot of CTS-V's going out the showroom's. The dealership I got mine through was only allocated two cars, mine is the second. They have three people (waiting to order) waiting on 2005's.

Shane

msheri01 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by ssmith100
    Actually I've only been waiting about 5 weeks on my car. I'm in Texas and between Austin and Houston I think there have been a lot of CTS-V's going out the showroom's. The dealership I got mine through was only allocated two cars, mine is the second. They have three people (waiting to order) waiting on 2005's.

Shane
    Keep in mind that a dealer's prior CTS sales affect the number of V-series they get. Dealers with high CTS sales will get more V's. We have delivered three already, and # four and five are built and should ship next week. We only get one more after these two. Also, the vin numbering takes into account the CTS, the V, and the SRX, since they are all built out of the same plant.

CTSV OWNER is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTSV

I did a VIS with your vin number,

It shows in service date of 4/14/2004
    Delivering dealer N/A
    It also shows the PDI as being paid with a R.O date of 3/15/2004
    R.O number A70882

I wonder if this info is correct?

In any event I hope you get your ride soon its one sweet machine.

msheri01 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

The inservice date defaults to 30 days after the invoice date until the car is reported sold. The pdi payment is automatically paid on the warranty credit cycle after the invoice date. The repair order number is just the letter A with the last 5 digits of the vin following.

BDS
    BDS is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Thumbs up Re: Got my VIN Number !!!!!!! (CTS-V)

I got the first "V" at the same dealership. Had a great experience in the purchase of this Cadillac thanks to the salesperson. I would highly recommend him and this dealeership to anyone in search of this product.

You will truly love this vehicle.

Purchasing at the same dealership we might want to coordinate which service tech to work on our cts-v's, so one tech would be more in tune with both vehicles. This also will make one tech more responsible for proper updates and maintance to our "V's". I know that you have a CLOSE IN at this organization and may be able to let us know whom we should direct our cars to. Just a thought.

This car is wonderful and do hope your experience with the "V" is as great as mine. Look forward to meeting you and your wife. ...BDS

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.