CTS-V vs. 2003 Corvette
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, CTS-V vs. 2003 Corvette in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; I got my car on Wednesday and when I first started getting on it the wheel hop was pretty bad. ...
    Clintonwmills is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

CTS-V vs. 2003 Corvette Video

I got my car on Wednesday and when I first started getting on it the wheel hop was pretty bad. The sound it makes is absolutely terrible. I think some part of the car is hitting the button of the frame (I am not sure.) The car just has way to much power to throw it hard in 2nd or 3rd. I started playing with it more and started getting a very smooth shift when I would father the clutch lightly in between gears. When I read 14.05 from that one guy on this forum I was terrified!! This car is differently a low 13's. I will be taking it to the track in about a week and will let you know what I can run with a reduce wheel hop. My dad has a 2003 Corvette Convertible and took it out on a race. I have ran the 2003 Corvette at the track meaning times and got 13.4 (manual transmission, very consist runs 13.4-13.5 ever single time.) Here is the video of us racing yesterday.
    To my dads amazement the CTS-V was half a car length a head of him all the way from 0-120.
    Go to
    http://www.z06fest.com/ctsv.html
    click
    2004 CTS-V vs 2003 Corvette Convertible <------

Awesome Race!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

alumar is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: CTS-V vs. 2003 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by Clintonwmills
    I got my car on Wednesday and when I first started getting on it the wheel hop was pretty bad. The sound it makes is absolutely terrible. I think some part of the car is hitting the button of the frame (I am not sure.) The car just has way to much power to throw it hard in 2nd or 3rd. I started playing with it more and started getting a very smooth shift when I would father the clutch lightly in between gears. When I read 14.05 from that one guy on this forum I was terrified!! This car is differently a low 13's. I will be taking it to the track in about a week and will let you know what I can run with a reduce wheel hop. My dad has a 2003 Corvette Convertible and took it out on a race. I have ran the 2003 Corvette at the track meaning times and got 13.4 (manual transmission, very consist runs 13.4-13.5 ever single time.) Here is the video of us racing yesterday.
    To my dads amazement the CTS-V was half a car length a head of him all the way from 0-120.
    Go to
    http://www.z06fest.com/ctsv.html
    click
    2004 CTS-V vs 2003 Corvette Convertible <------

Awesome Race!!
    Looked like a good run, thats where Im confused why the CTS-V was ahead of me on the run last night. I consistantly run 12.95-13.05 in the C32 with the modifications and from 50mph roll to 148mph I was behind him...

darrelld is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Clintonwmills
    I got my car on Wednesday and when I first started getting on it the wheel hop was pretty bad. The sound it makes is absolutely terrible. I think some part of the car is hitting the button of the frame (I am not sure.) The car just has way to much power to throw it hard in 2nd or 3rd. I started playing with it more and started getting a very smooth shift when I would father the clutch lightly in between gears. When I read 14.05 from that one guy on this forum I was terrified!! This car is differently a low 13's.
    03 IRS equipped Mustang Cobras have similar power/weight ratio and have used this approach to wheel hop.

http://www.rpmoutlet.com/03cobrahard.htm

Clintonwmills is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Your C32 is a mean car. Good write up on the race. That is awesome for me, ctsv owner!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.