OnStar Bluetooth Kit - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, OnStar Bluetooth Kit in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by jimmyhauser Just curious, why wouldn't you just buy a parrot kit and tap into the speaker wires? ...
    ctsvett is offline FAQ is your Friend
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Re: OnStar Bluetooth Kit

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyhauser View Post
    Just curious, why wouldn't you just buy a parrot kit and tap into the speaker wires? They may even have custom harnesses so there is no splicing of the car's wiring.
    no other kit I know of will mute the radio... the R7M kit does interface with the stock stereo speakers (if you choose to use this feature over the speaker included with the Moto kit)

Reed

once I have five orders, I will place the order in groups of five (if anyone is interested).. I AM NOT making any money on this. I am passing my cost along to everyone on these forums so I am not willing to take a big risk on these. Again here are the requirements:

1. You must be willing to UNPLUG and completely disconnect onstar
    2. You must be willing to accept NO warranty (other than DOA or physical failure of the box) on this interface box
    3. You need to buy a motorola Bluetooth kit (I recommend IHF-1000) in ADDITION to this interface box
    4. You must be willing to install yourself or have a reputable installer install it (its not 100% easy). I give it a 6 on the 1-10 scale for difficulty. Instructions are here: Http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/btkitinstall/

Reed

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ctsvett View Post
    no other kit I know of will mute the radio... the R7M kit does interface with the stock stereo speakers (if you choose to use this feature over the speaker included with the Moto kit)

Reed
    The parrot kit does mute the radio, well, it doesn't mute the radio per se, but it does cut the sound going from the radio to the speakers when bluetooth is active. That is why you have to tap into the speakers wires. They sell custom made harness that you unplug the connector from the radio, then plug the connector into the parrot, and plug the parrot into the radio. I have a similiar adapter on my Nokia CK-7W. It works well.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyhauser View Post
    The parrot kit does mute the radio, well, it doesn't mute the radio per se, but it does cut the sound going from the radio to the speakers when bluetooth is active. That is why you have to tap into the speakers wires. They sell custom made harness that you unplug the connector from the radio, then plug the connector into the parrot, and plug the parrot into the radio. I have a similiar adapter on my Nokia CK-7W. It works well.
    Do they have a kit for the V? I want to remind everyone that he V radio is different than most EVERY other car.

The R&M bluetooth kit will acutally pause the radio (or ipod) as well while you are on the car... just like onstar. WIth the R7M kit, you just replace the onstar functionality with your cell phone.

Reed

TomSt is offline Cadillac Owners Member

This may have been covered but I did not see it anywhere I looked - Reed, with your kit can you splice into the mic already in the car instead of having to run a seperate one?

a beta tester tried this, but the quality was not there.... Using the mic that comes with the moto kit is best if you ask me.

Reed

srracer is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

That's correct - I was the one who wired into the Onstar mic.

It works, and when the car is quiet it works well. But as soon as there is any noise, the noise cancellation circuitry of the Motorola unit seems to be incompatible with the the impedance of the onstar mic and the quality drops rapidly.

-Chris

TurnStyle is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

Which microphone did you tap into? I believe the On Star microphone is on the bottom of the rearview mirror. The mic in the overhead console is the Noise Compensation Mic that the entertainment system uses to adjust the volume of the radio system as background noise levels change.

-James

those 3 mics that you are talking about are all the same...

the mic in the overhead is the same noise compensation, onstar, voice note, mic.. its all one

Reed

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.