Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Anyone tried BFGoodrich KDW's? I've ordered a set

2K views 18 replies 17 participants last post by  smithk007 
#1 ·
Anyone running a set of the BFGoodrich g-Force T/A KDW 2's? They come in our stock 245/45/18 size, and are quite affordable at $165/each on tire rack. They have very good ratings, and I know some Mustang Cobra guys that swear by them.

I needed a set of tires and just ordered these, so was wondering if anyone can give a mini review.

#2 ·
I've had mine for about 800 mi., since I went through the F1s. Traction in wet is better, obviously in dry the F1s are tough to beat for hooking up, but the KDWs are easy to get the feel for on dry pavement. I have heard one of the biggest concerns is road noise as they wear, and since I"m coming up on about 1000 mi, and cannot say just yet, as they are still smooth and quieter than my worn F1s right now, so we'll see.
Opinions will vary widely on all tires here, and there are clearly some better ones the can be bought, but I thought for the money I wanted to give them a chance as well. Can't give you too much more, as they are still fairly new to me as well, but I'm sure you'll get more opinions...

#8 ·
i agree and road noise from he double hockey sticks...

#9 ·
Got them on my 2002 M3 and my 1999 M3. They are great in the dry, and the latest tread design make wet traction good. I used mine on the road and at VIR and RD ATL. I thought they were great for road courses. Plenty of howl before they let go.

They may have road noise, but my radio or my engine are usually louder :bouncy:

#11 ·
Good feedback, thank you. And yes, I'd love to have the PS2's, but I can't afford the extra $500 a set right now...

I'll post my thoughts and comments when I get some time on the KDW2's

#13 ·
I loved my original F1SC's. I didn't think they rode to rough or were to noisey (so read the rest of this with that in mind).

I switched over to GSD3 245/40 - 275/40 's @ 16,500. They lasted until about 42k miles (fronts weren;t at the wear bars yet, but rears were slicks w/ bands on the rear passenger side, yikes). I wasn't very impressed with the GSD3's. I really missed the stickiness, and amazing turn in of the F1SC's. The main positives of the GSD3 were their amazing wet tractions, and (don't scoff Jim), the looked really cool, with that agressive tread patern. The rear's looked absolutely humongous.

I just put Falken Azenis rt615's on my car.

Got them in 245/40 275/35 size from edgeracing, for $750 + shipping.

Treadwear is 200, so not sure how long they'll last.

Since it's been cold I haven't really had a chance to push them yet. They are very stiff though, and turn in / road feel is almost as good as the F1SC's, and light years ahead of the GSD3's. They also feel tack to the touch (I seriously think these are not gonna last long).

It snowed about 1" here yesterday, and by this morning it had melted down to about a 1/2 inch of crusty ice. I didn't kill myself driving to work, so I take that as a good sign. I had to drive one time in a dusting of snow on the F1SC's and that was a harrowing experience (note I only said once.)

Lastly the Flaken 275/35's look appreciably smaller in the height and width when compared to the GSD3 275/40. I certainly expected them to be a bit smaller in the height (about 3/4, of an inch), due to the smaller aspect ratio, but was abit surprised about the width. I guess every manafacturer is a bit different. I'd be willing to bet Falken 265/35's would fit up front.

my $0.02,

Chris

#17 ·
I've had mine for about 6000 miles. Great traction in wet or dry, no snow in SoCal. (had to rub that in for the guys up north). The road noise is a little more that I would like, but with premature rotations (every 3000 miles) it keeps it tolerable. I got such a great deal on them, through Costco, I've got nothing to complain about.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.