Post Sale Follow-up
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Post Sale Follow-up in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; What happened after you bought your CTS/CTS-V....after you left the lot with it, what contact have you had from Your ...
    benjet is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Post Sale Follow-up

What happened after you bought your CTS/CTS-V....after you left the lot with it, what contact have you had from Your Dealer/SalesPerson, Cadillac, GM, XM, Onstar, JD Power and Associates, etc. etc.? (Exclude anything to do with vehicle financing).

As of this moment 17 or so days into the ownership experience (geez that's about 100 miles a day so far). I just got a welcome letter from XM (I did setup XM and Onstar myself after getting delivery of the car), telling me about the 3 free months, $10/mo after... blah blah blah

That's it! No other contact about the car other than here, whatsoever.

Everyone else having a similar ownership experience? Last new car I bought (non-GM) had a Dealership Quality Control guy calling me every other day practically from what I can remember (it was awhile ago).

-Ben

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Korn00 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Post Sale Follow-up

When I bought my CTS in January I had a period of about a month of where I was recieving phone calls and free stuff in the mail. My salesperson called me 2 times a week for the first 2 weeks to see if I was satisfied and had any problems or questions. I was also sent a letter in the mail about 3 weeks after thanking me for my business and a cadillac polo shirt was included. I have been very impressed with Cadillac and this dealership.

wildwhl is offline Cadillac Owners Master

I had one phone call from my salesperson about 3 days afterwards with some little tidbits about the vehicle (in case I hadn't figured out that it had Mobil 1 in it, proper tire pressures as they were overinflated when I picked it up, etc.).

Sandy is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '93 Cadillac 60 Special; '03 Lincoln TownCar Limited ED

When I was a car salesman (1969 - 1996) here's what I did:-

Called the customer the evening of the day he took it home....unless he actually took it home in the evening.

Sent him a personally hand written note of thanks for buying the car from me and putting his trust in me & the dealership I work for.

Called him again exactly a week later telling him that I was serious about being concerned about his satisfaction.

Called him a month later just to check on his happiness and see if there was anything I could do for him.

Called him at the 3 month time frame to remind him to bring it in for a 3-4,000 mile oil change/filter and have any adjustments made...

At his "one-year birthday" his CAR got a birthday card from me on it's birthday together with "Bob Smith" - These were professionaly printed.

3 years later he's ready to buy new .... He returns to me. I quote him a price for what he wants, and he's not sure, so he want to shop-it. I tell him I don't think he'll beat it ligitamently beat it.
    He calls 2 days later, he has me beat by $600.00 - I tell him it's a low ball they can't do it. He beleives them, not me, leaves a $2,000 Deposit "over there" and of course they locate a "similiar" car and get it for him, and when he comes in to get it......they bounce him the $600.00 (right back to my price) He screams bloddy murder, but can do nothing, as they went & bought it ESPECIALLY for him, and it says on the back of the contract ifthey do so (and they do it for this reason) he can't back out!! Stuck, he coughs up the $600.00 I wanted originally, and was 100% truthful about, and drives out in the whore dealer's car.
    So, I too stopped calling & sending expensive custom made birthday cards to customers too. Many buyers are no better than many dealers. They frequently deserve just what they get.

miscreant is offline GM Connection

Quote Originally Posted by benjet
    What happened after you bought your CTS/CTS-V....after you left the lot with it, what contact have you had from Your Dealer/SalesPerson, Cadillac, GM, XM, Onstar, JD Power and Associates, etc. etc.? (Exclude anything to do with vehicle financing).

As of this moment 17 or so days into the ownership experience (geez that's about 100 miles a day so far). I just got a welcome letter from XM (I did setup XM and Onstar myself after getting delivery of the car), telling me about the 3 free months, $10/mo after... blah blah blah

That's it! No other contact about the car other than here, whatsoever.

Everyone else having a similar ownership experience? Last new car I bought (non-GM) had a Dealership Quality Control guy calling me every other day practically from what I can remember (it was awhile ago).

-Ben
    17 days? Wow, unexceptable. You deserve a higher level of service than that, especially how complex the CTS can be.

All our Cadillacs are completely detailed and placed on the showroom floor for the customer to take delivery. Our salespeople then typically spend about 1 hour (as long as you have time) going over the vehicle, setting up On-Star and XM, showing and setting up the personalization, introducing you to the parts and Service area, etc. They then call you typically within a couple days, but always invite your calls if you need anything. You will get a letter mailed at 3 days, 14 days, 30 days, 3 months, 6 months, 1 year, and 2 years, as well as followup calls routinely.

Additionally, typically if you are owed something on your vehicle, you can bring it in and leave it to have the item installed, and we will put you in a like vehicle to drive. As well, if you bring your Cadillac in for warranty work, you get a Deville to drive at no-charge to you.

*That's* Cadillac Service. But that's also (plug coming) one reason we are #2 in the nation in Customer Service, and have been a Cadillac Master Dealer for 29 years in a row.

You should fill out the purchase survey you get *accordingly* (hint, hint) and make sure to write in the comments section - as they actually get to see this.
    2004 Cadillac CTS (**SOLD** ): http://www.ctsowners.com
    2004 Pontiac GTO: http://www.myyellowgto.com

-1-
    -1- is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

It would be nice if the sales person/dealer followed up after the sale. All that really matter is if you have a problem with the vehicle, you can take it back to the dealer and get it serviced/repaired properly. We bought our 2003 CTS from a dealer in NY. The local dealer in VA found the car (EXACTLY what we wanted minus the XM radio) but stated it was too far for them to go get. He stated I could go get it if I wanted it. I imagine he was talking about a dealer swap. I had a GM "friends" coupon which they frowned about honoring. I called the dealer in NY, asked if they still had the car. We agreed on a price, they gladly accepted the discount coupon. My wife and I drove to NY and purchased the car from the dealer there. I didn't expect any followup and didn't get any. Several weeks after we had the car, I realized the car had an engine oil leak. I took it to the local dealer and they said they would fix it. Left it all day, they stated they tighted the oil filter. Too easy. Several days later, same oil leak. Cadillac or not, new or used, same typical dealer crap. Get them in and get them out. Called the service manager, he apoligized and said they would take care of it. Took it back in (another full day & hassle) and this time they replaced the front main seal in the engine. No further problems. I hate to be negative about dealers & dealer service, but I don't trust them. If you can't take a two week old Cadillac to the Cadillac dealer for a certified Cadillac mechanic to work on the vehicle and correct the problem, where do you take it? If they fixed the problem the second time, why couldn't they fix it the first time? I've had the same dealer service problems/hassles with my VW and Toyota. I won't take them back once the warranty expires. Some where, some one has experienced a top notch dealer and service department. Lucky you.I believe this to be the exception.

Don
    -1-

CTScop is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy
    When I was a car salesman (1969 - 1996) here's what I did:-

Called the customer the evening of the day he took it home....unless he actually took it home in the evening.

Sent him a personally hand written note of thanks for buying the car from me and putting his trust in me & the dealership I work for.

Called him again exactly a week later telling him that I was serious about being concerned about his satisfaction.

Called him a month later just to check on his happiness and see if there was anything I could do for him.

Called him at the 3 month time frame to remind him to bring it in for a 3-4,000 mile oil change/filter and have any adjustments made...

At his "one-year birthday" his CAR got a birthday card from me on it's birthday together with "Bob Smith" - These were professionaly printed.

3 years later he's ready to buy new .... He returns to me. I quote him a price for what he wants, and he's not sure, so he want to shop-it. I tell him I don't think he'll beat it ligitamently beat it.
    He calls 2 days later, he has me beat by $600.00 - I tell him it's a low ball they can't do it. He beleives them, not me, leaves a $2,000 Deposit "over there" and of course they locate a "similiar" car and get it for him, and when he comes in to get it......they bounce him the $600.00 (right back to my price) He screams bloddy murder, but can do nothing, as they went & bought it ESPECIALLY for him, and it says on the back of the contract ifthey do so (and they do it for this reason) he can't back out!! Stuck, he coughs up the $600.00 I wanted originally, and was 100% truthful about, and drives out in the whore dealer's car.
    So, I too stopped calling & sending expensive custom made birthday cards to customers too. Many buyers are no better than many dealers. They frequently deserve just what they get.

Amen!!! I was in straight commision sales for a couple years and would marvel at the customer logic. The same item for less from the competitor, but they are charging for installation. My price, slightly better includes installation. HELLO!! They'd buy from another and then turn around and pay for install and have paid MORE than I would have charged. Or, the comparing apples and oranges customer. "Why is your product more?" Well, let me show you the beneift and better quality difference and why your dollor goes further with a better quality product. Then buy the lower quality and bring it in 6 months later for service! You wouldn't have had to service my product if you'd paid attanetion to what was said. Most consumers only see dollar signs, not the long term value. They'll leave a reputable, committed salesperson for $50 savings. Another reason I left sales long ago and never looked back!!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.