CTS-V oil temp still looks high?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, CTS-V oil temp still looks high? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Buzzing around town, saw 265f. Took it out for a quick drive around and on the highway, saw 273f. Yeah, ...
    globed70 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

CTS-V oil temp still looks high?

Buzzing around town, saw 265f. Took it out for a quick drive around and on the highway, saw 273f. Yeah, i do run it up through the gears pretty good, but this isn't track driving. The coolant is running 195f, the tranny about 150f, and oil pressure around 50psi. Checked the oil level, showing full. My concern is that with some hard driving, I could easily hit the oil temp max. Anybody else seeing the same thing? Could it be related to calibration issues discussed in C&D?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

GNSCOTT is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: CTS-V oil temp still looks high?

Quote Originally Posted by globed70
    Buzzing around town, saw 265f. Took it out for a quick drive around and on the highway, saw 273f. Yeah, i do run it up through the gears pretty good, but this isn't track driving. The coolant is running 195f, the tranny about 150f, and oil pressure around 50psi. Checked the oil level, showing full. My concern is that with some hard driving, I could easily hit the oil temp max. Anybody else seeing the same thing? Could it be related to calibration issues discussed in C&D?
    Have you tried calling the dealer yet?? Could be another calibration problem seeing how oil cooling can't be much different than a ZO6. I'd have to see where the oil cooler lines run, but I couldn't imagine them going close to the headers with no sheild.

globed70 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

I spoke to the dealer this morning... they called the techs at GM/Caddy and there is nothing noted in terms of this sort of problem (guess they fixed the calibration issue before the first batch left?); and they had no comment on whether my temps were abnormal. In any case, they will check the trouble codes tommorrow morning; not convinced they'll find anything. Z06 vettes show much lower oil temperatures than mine.

Everyone out there with a CTS-V: what are your oil temps during normal and hard driving?

You can toggle through the display choices to find it... don't mix it up with trans temp or coolant temp. THANKS!

benjet is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Dont think I've seen them that high (and I have already been on the track with mine). Usually 230-250.

GNSCOTT is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by globed70
    I spoke to the dealer this morning... they called the techs at GM/Caddy and there is nothing noted in terms of this sort of problem (guess they fixed the calibration issue before the first batch left?); and they had no comment on whether my temps were abnormal. In any case, they will check the trouble codes tommorrow morning; not convinced they'll find anything. Z06 vettes show much lower oil temperatures than mine.

Everyone out there with a CTS-V: what are your oil temps during normal and hard driving?

You can toggle through the display choices to find it... don't mix it up with trans temp or coolant temp. THANKS!

I'm inclined to think its more of a calibration issue. It should run a little hotter than a Z because you are heavier (comparitively speaking) but problably not that much higher.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.