Is anyone going to try the CAGs 1-4 skip shift eliminator, on their CTSV?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Is anyone going to try the CAGs 1-4 skip shift eliminator, on their CTSV? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; ...
    Z06CTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Is anyone going to try the CAGs 1-4 skip shift eliminator, on their CTSV?

The CAGS (Computer Aided Gear Selection) is a built-in system that automatically upshifts from first to fourth gears between 15 and 20 MPH.

You can get a kit that will allow you to disconnect the Computer Aided Gear Selection (CAGS) feature of your Corvette’s six- (06) speed gearbox, and I would assume the CTSV's. These plugs and seals will protect your wiring harness and allow you to re-connect the harness for full CAGS function, if you desire. Here is one of many sites you can order it from LAPD:

http://www.thelapd.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=CDE3-7420&Category_Code=&Store_Code=thelapd

Also LAPD will be one of many carrying CTSV performance parts..

Joe :coolgleam
    2002 Z06
    New Orleans

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: Is anyone going to try the CAGs 1-4 skip shift eliminator, on their CTSV?

Here are the directions:

http://www.ls1.com/link_cags.html

Joe :coolgleam
    2002 Z06
    New Orleans

c5 rv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 91 Allante (gone), 06 SRX (gone)

I can attest to the usefulness of this device as I installed it on my vette. The 1-to-4 skip shift would occasionally bite me when I really didn't want to shift to 4th.

The easiest way to install it is when getting an oil change. Get your dealer or oil change place to allow you under the lift or into the pit to plug in the CAGS defeat. One hint, bring a bright lantern type flashlight you can set down and aim.

BTW, the CAGS allows the vette to avoid the gas guzzler tax. I assume it does the same for the CTS-V.

GNSCOTT is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

I've got to install one. The car is going to be my wifes and she can't drive standard too well yet. If I tell her she has to shift from 1st to 4th it will fry her brain.

MotorMouth is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I do not drive conservatively so this first to fourth will not be a problem for me.

If it ever goes to fourth I will simply assume I am driving like an old woman unworthy of this car and hit the gas harder next time.

globed70 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

I haven't hit it on my CTS-V yet, and almost never hit it on my Viper GTS. I usually short shift when cold, and I believe temperature is considered in the algorithm.

Quote Originally Posted by MotorMouth
    I do not drive conservatively so this first to fourth will not be a problem for me.

If it ever goes to fourth I will simply assume I am driving like an old woman unworthy of this car and hit the gas harder next time.
    I agree in normal situations, but in rush hour traffic it really is a pain..

Steve T is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I am going to put the CTS-V up on the lift this weekend and will take a few pictures of the CAGS install. Try to post them Monday.

Steve

Experiment_626 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Black 2008 CTS DI AWD

Quote Originally Posted by Z06CTSV
    I agree in normal situations, but in rush hour traffic it really is a pain..
    Yep, this was the first mod I ever did on my T/A. Well worth the money just to not have to think about goosing your engine so you can get into second when making a turn or something that doesn't warrant a WOT start.

oceanhut is offline BAD EMAIL ADDRESS

All that is happening is a solenoid is pops up to block the 2nd gear-- give it a little force and the solenoid will retract.

CVP33 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V sedan, '13ZL1 vert, '12 V coupe

I will bitch-slap the solenoid if needed.

maconpie is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTSV

Quote Originally Posted by Steve T
    I am going to put the CTS-V up on the lift this weekend and will take a few pictures of the CAGS install. Try to post them Monday.

Steve
    Have you installed the CAGS yet? I put one on today and could not get the transmission to go in reverse. I have one on my 2002 Z06 vette which works fine. My wife and I took delivery of a new CTSV Black on Black today and I had the dealer raise it on a lift and put the cags eliminator in but it will not let the car go into reverse. Something is different from the vette to the ctsv. Thanks for any ideas or help.

TNT V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

You can also override the CAGS in the car's computer system. I doubt a dealer would do that but any good tuner can make the adjustment. This is what I had done on my Corvette.

lasstss is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

I tried to install it in my V. THe pins on the V are round not flat. LAPD has to redo the plugs before we can use it.

ctsvinman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Guys, being an x-SS Camaro owner, the CAGS was the first MOD I did to the car. That was back in 98 when the LS1 was first put into the Camaro.

Anyway.... you don't even have to know much about cars to do this MOD. If you have a Jack, jack stands or better yet access to a lift. Then you'll need "One hand" to un-plug a stock connnector, plug in the CAGS connector... a tie wrap to hold this new cable assembly in place.... and.... walla.... you're done.

If this takes more than 5 minutes, then go ask your wife to help.... . Now I'm just being a Smart A$$.... seriously, it's a simple fix that is worth the $19.95 (that's wahat is was 5 years ago)

VinMan out

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.