Radar detectors/jammers revisited... - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Radar detectors/jammers revisited... in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by CIWS Yes, but they are more expensive, usually 500+. You can get detectors that can help hide ...
    tomm is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Cadillac CTS VSport

Re: Radar detectors/jammers revisited...

Quote Originally Posted by CIWS View Post
    Yes, but they are more expensive, usually 500+.

You can get detectors that can help hide from detection of the receiver's local oscillator from VG2. As long as any indicator in the car is out of plain sight and the detector carried VG2 type protection, you could do it.
    VG2 is old Radar Detector Detector technology. They are now using Spectre III which will sense every radar detector on the market except the Beltronics STi Driver. The STi Driver is invisable to all RDD's and we even sell a special visor organizer that hides the STi Driver on your visor so its just about impossible to even see it in the car.

Here is the link to the STi if anyone wants more information:

http://www.bestradardetectors.net/Be...sti-driver.htm

We offer incentives for members here so if anyone is interested in a price let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by ctsvett View Post
    This is what I am installing for the camera systems...

http://www.stealthkit.com/

no kidding... Cameras are not cops and therefore should not be admissable like this. I have never gotten a camera ticket, but I am just going to fire this thing up everytime I go through a red lite camera intersection.

Reed
    This is an interesting product. There are many new products coming out soon for redlight cameras. There is a product that is new and we will probably become a dealer for it as soon as there is more US support for updates etc. Check out the clip below:

http://www.youtube.com/v/_QQNUxxt-qg

These units are updatable via the web but there is not much support yet. We have seen many companies come out with similiar products that use GPS but most have gone out of business due to lack of support and timely updates but this new company looks promising.

BadCad is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

It'll only be a matter of time before these become illegal also, IMHO. California already has a law restricting the covering the license plates already.

erp2863 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I've had an 8500 X50 for about 6 months. Has given me plenty of warning to avoid any meeting with the law. Never have had a false on Ka band, which most use around here.

I also have a Lidatek LE-30 dual anti-lidar kit installed. Have only been blasted twice with lidar in the last 6 months, both times the Lidatek and the X50 went off. Both times I was only going 10mph over the limit, so I don't know if it truely jammed the lidar gun or I was just under the officer's tolerance.

v-ape is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): (did) CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by jnrandall View Post
    This is the first and last speeding ticket I got in my Jeep just a month before buying my V. Photo cops suck!
    Might as well post mine...

Anyone know if the photo radars run full time or if they are triggered? Wondering if a radar detector helps against them if no one is in front of you.

RobertCTS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Black the Darkside

Quote Originally Posted by tomm View Post
    This is an interesting product. There are many new products coming out soon for redlight cameras. There is a product that is new and we will probably become a dealer for it as soon as there is more US support for updates etc. Check out the clip below:

These units are updatable via the web but there is not much support yet. We have seen many companies come out with similiar products that use GPS but most have gone out of business due to lack of support and timely updates but this new company looks promising.
    Amazing clip. Do you have any idea how much these units sell for?

Originally Posted by tomm

I'd love to see that seemlessly integrated into our nav units via XM Traffic.

CTS-VPWR is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac CTS-V

I have the Calibre K40 - Undetectable (built in) with Laser Diffuser...it's amazing. My buddy has Valentine 1 and he plugged his when we went on a long road trip and K40 had him beat everytime...not by a whole lot but sometimes a little makes a big difference. I use mine in Virginia a LOT and never been caught/detected.

Those license plate covers are just special pieces of LCD that you run a current through when you want to and the molecules align and become opaque...

The Paesano is offline Cadillac Owners Member

You must run the Greenway, No?
    I am set at the same speed most of the time with an occasional 90+. I have a Valentine hardwired.
    Been pulled over and a a few times years ago and they never see it.
    Too nice a stretch not to run.

Quote Originally Posted by The Paesano View Post
    You must run the Greenway, No?
    I am set at the same speed most of the time with an occasional 90+. I have a Valentine hardwired.
    Been pulled over and a a few times years ago and they never see it.
    Too nice a stretch not to run.
    Actually it was the 3rd street tunnel in DC. DOH!

jnrandall is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

I'll be in the DC area at the end of the month. I'll be certain to avoid the 3rd street tunnel. At least at high speeds!

Nice photo v-ape.

nxlr8 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 Platinum CTS-V

There is NOTHING like a V1... once you have one, you will NEVER be able to go back to a radar detector that just beeps....
    I have two, one in each car... LOVE it...

1) Range is insane... I've picked up cops over 1.5 miles away...
    2) Arrows tell you WHERE the signal is coming from... if it's next to you, they can't clock you (that's how radar works, timing of "reflections")... if it's behind you, not so much a problem... if it's in front of you... look out... also, it's really nice to see the signal go from in front, to side, to back... then you know you are out of danger
    3) Bogey counter... tells you HOW MANY signals it's getting... if you drive by a store every day and get the same signals every day, then with an "ordinary" detector, you learn to ignore that alarm... with the V1, it would say "1" signal each time... if it suddenly said "2" in the same location, I would know that something ELSE is there with radar... slow down!!

I absolutely LOVE the V1, and YES, it is expesive... $400 new, but you can get' em used on eBay for $300 or less if you are patient... I bought my first one new. After it was stolen, I bought two more off ebay for <$300 each...

And I would do it again!

I have mine hardwired into the sunroof (just like in the FAQ). It sits up on top of the rearview mirror and is "invisible" to anyone outside the car... the "tint" on the windshield makes it completely concealed from outsiders looking in...

Quote Originally Posted by RobertCTS View Post
    Amazing clip. Do you have any idea how much these units sell for?
    MAP Price will be $229.95 but I will be able to get them cheaper for members here. We have a few on the way to test them out so we will have them in-stock next week.

Quote Originally Posted by v-ape View Post
    I'd love to see that seemlessly integrated into our nav units via XM Traffic.
    It would be nice.. If you have some of the latest Garmin & TomTom GPS units you can actually download the locations of these cameras into the POI loader and it will inform you on the GPS unit when you approach one of these intersections. Our Cadillac GPS systems do not allow these types of updates.

If you have a unit and just need a source for the cameras you can buy a list relatively cheap from this site: http://www.gps-poi-us.com/

GT04CTS-V is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): No GET-RAG or GM products

Live in MD but work in N.Va. Use a Valentine 1 in the V (not my daily driver), my original was 7 yrs old, sent it back to Valentine plus $180 and they sent me back a brand new one. The Valentine 1 is a great radar detector, saved me a bunch of times. The radar location arrow plus bogey counter are awesome features.

In my daily driver I have a Passport SR7+ laser shifters. It's completely hidden and is undetectable by radar detector-detectors (VG-2). On the Greenway I've been hit with laser many times, the SR7 jammed the laser, once I slow down I hit a concealed button that turns the laser shifters off. Too many saves on Rt 15 with radar to count. The only thing I miss is the radar location arrow that the Valentine has.

GT

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.