CTS-V New Owner Review
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, CTS-V New Owner Review in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Just got my V in black last Friday. What a powerhouse! I just turned in my BMW 530i, and thought ...
    galaxyquest is offline Cadillac Owners Member

CTS-V New Owner Review

Just got my V in black last Friday. What a powerhouse! I just turned in my BMW 530i, and thought I'd share some comments.

Great handling, impressive gadgets (Nav, XM, G Force meter, etc.), and did I mention the power? You will feel the bumpy roads a bit (probably the huge 18" low profile wheels).

The only problem so far is the engine light coming on once in a while (less than 200 miles). I thought this was from the low grade gas I suspected the dealership used (not impressed with the new car purchase experience compared to the BMW where every attention to detail was covered). The manual says that this is from the emissions dropping below standards. I added better gas, but have not driven it long enough to know if this is the issue.

I love the power. Great to drive stick again....

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

rueben44 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: CTS-V New Owner Review

I'm happy for you man just mad that I can not afford one. I was pushing it to get my CTS (LOL)!

GNSCOTT is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by galaxyquest
    Just got my V in black last Friday. What a powerhouse! I just turned in my BMW 530i, and thought I'd share some comments.

Great handling, impressive gadgets (Nav, XM, G Force meter, etc.), and did I mention the power? You will feel the bumpy roads a bit (probably the huge 18" low profile wheels).

The only problem so far is the engine light coming on once in a while (less than 200 miles). I thought this was from the low grade gas I suspected the dealership used (not impressed with the new car purchase experience compared to the BMW where every attention to detail was covered). The manual says that this is from the emissions dropping below standards. I added better gas, but have not driven it long enough to know if this is the issue.

I love the power. Great to drive stick again....
    for ANYONE who has the check engine light come on.......Jusy press the onstar button. They will diagnose the car while you are driving it and tell you what code comes up. I had the light come on in my silverado and Onstar told me it was a transmission switch. It was cool as hell.

Thanks for the tip. I had no idea they can do this remotely. I've since taken it in and they ended up re-routing one of the vacuum hoses (indicated that it was pinching). The light is now off (doesn't light up with the others when it starts anymore, so I hope they didn't just disconnect the light).

Also, when at idle, the car slightly vibrates. Not enough to make your hand tremble on the wheel. The RPMs do not move, so it doesn't seem to be throttle related. I'd been a while since I had a V-8 with such power, so I wonder whether it's just this kind of animal. I'd love to hear any thoughts on this.

I have approx. 320 miles so far. I love the gadets (GPS, XM Radio, etc). I really missed this stuff on my previous BMW 530i.

Oh yea, did I mention the power?

CVP33 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V sedan, '13ZL1 vert, '12 V coupe

Also, when at idle, the car slightly vibrates. Not enough to make your hand tremble on the wheel. The RPMs do not move, so it doesn't seem to be throttle related. I'd been a while since I had a V-8 with such power, so I wonder whether it's just this kind of animal. I'd love to hear any thoughts on this.
    Welcome to the world of the LS6. Hot cam and firing order issues give this car a slight bobble at idle. Nothing to be worried about but you will notice it.

Thanks for the reassurance. I'll keep the onstar tip in in mind for anything else that might come up.

lasstss is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

I noticed the same thing. I figured it was the semi lumpy cam. It gives a slight shake now and then. The thing that really threw me was the 1/4 skip shift. I didnt know it had it until I read the manual.
    I just priced a set of manuals...$100.00 not sure yet if there are more than one. Also ordered a new owners manual. It seems the cadi jockys force it into the jacket and the snap inside munches up the cover. Just getting a nice one to keep.
    I ordered some black floor mats for my tan interior. I figure the tan would look like garbage in short order. Local dealer is trying to get 2K over sticker for their V.

CVP33 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V sedan, '13ZL1 vert, '12 V coupe

Same thing happened with my owner's manual.

Z06CTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Congrats.. The slight wobble is normal. I get it in my Z.. Have fun..

Joe
    2002 Z06
    New Orleans

GNSCOTT is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Its not an LS6 thing. Happened on both my LS1's and my LT1. I think GM sets the idle low to save on gas milage.

True enough. The LS-6 has a good cam. If the idle is low enough it will give a slight lope.

birdman is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by lasstss
    I ordered some black floor mats for my tan interior. I figure the tan would look like garbage in short order.
    Let us know how that looks, I've thought about the same thing. I have a Raven Black '04 with tan interior and like you say, the mats - well, really, just the drivers - look terrible already. Post some pictures if you can. Thanks

L.A.P.D. is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V, 2007 Escalade

galaxyquest,

CONGRATS on your new CTS-V.

The problem you may be experiencing sounds like the same problem CAR AND DRIVER editors had while testing the CTS-V on their first drive. I don't know if anyone else here read the same article, but it stated that GM had problems with some oil sensors in the first 50 CTS-Vs produced and the engineers were aware of it. I don't know if the engineers have fixed the problem, but you may want to pay a visit to your dealer to have it diagnosed and fixed.

Shawn
    WAITING FOR A CTS-V!!!

Lanman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS-V

Hey guys,

I just got my CTS-V this past Sunday and it's awsome. Mine has the same engine lope and I love the way it sounds. No problems so far (knocking on wood) but for those of you who do have problems here's a tip for you.... before you take it to the dealership disable the tracking on the navigation system. Then when you get to the dealership check your milage and re-enable the tracking. That way, when you pick your car up you can check the map to see if it's been driven off the dealership's lot. I know this sounds paranoid but I had problems in the past with the shop guys taking my old '95 Trans Am out for joy rides whenever I would take it in for service. Complaining to the shop manager didn't do any good until one day when they hit a curb and bent a tie rod. Needless to say, that guy got his walking papers but I still hate leaving my car for service. Especially when it has 400 HP.

Black & Tan

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.