Cadillac Owners Forum banner
180K views 466 replies 188 participants last post by  04caddyv 
#1 ·
Due to a aquisition I expect in the next few days, the Navigation flash/firmware DVD will be available to all CTS-V/ CTS owners. Few points of clarity:

This is NOT an updated Map dvd. This disc will update the bios firmware on your dvd system allowing you to USE updated discs (from cadillac, zenrin, etc). It will also get rid of the "stuck in michigan" issue that some had with updated discs.

The update is provided AT YOUR OWN RISK. You apparently can mess up your nav system if you dont do the update correctly. So if you mess up your nav system cause you didnt follow directions, its on YOU!

This is not a illegal disc or pirate firmware. It is the actual Cadillac firmware for this nav system distributed by cadillac.

We are not violating any copyright laws as we are not copying the material, and presumably, everyone is entitled to the system firmware update (E-mail me if you disagree). We are NOT sending you a copy of the disc, just sending you a disc to update the firmware, and then you MUST to mail it back (see below)

Here is what is required:
1. You must e-mail me (ctsvett@verizon.net) with the subject "nav firmware dvd". Include your name, forum name, mailing address, and phone number.
2. You will be required to pay for shipping/postage and place a deposit on the disc in case you do not return it (the deposit may be as high as $200 to secure the DVD- we have to replace it if you dont send it back). All payment will be made via paypal (if your paypal address is different than the e-mail you send from, include that in the e-mail to me as well!).
3. If you are not a donater to the FAQ or if you are not a supporting member on this forum, you may not want to send me an e-mail (I will be happy to explain why that is if someone wants to know).

We will be making a list of those interested in this flash and sending the disc around according to a priority list that we will make.

The disc will ship to the first person once we receive it (fingers crossed by the early next week).

Any questions, e-mail me or heavymetals.

Reed

See less See more
#154 ·
Would this be something I might be able to get done at Summit in May. I didn't know if any of you that had the disc might be there.

#157 ·
This is off subject a little.....I need the firmware disc too....... but first I have to find the method of changing the "zone" of my unit. The dealer replaced it for the 3rd time and I can only look at the state of Michigan...any help would be appreciated

#172 ·
Well, I'm "GUESSING" I need to firmware upgrade. My car was built prior to 9/05, and, I don't have a Nav Disc to play with right now.

I did register with GM Nav Disc Center, plus did a change of address, SO, I'll see if I get anything in the mail.

Otherwise, I guess I'm looking for a GM Disc with PN 25813528

OR

An Infinity/Nissan 6.X Nav Disc

OR

A Zenrin Nav Disc....

Right???

Thanks

#174 ·
Hey everyone,

A quick intro for my first post...

My name is Andy, I just bought an 05 CTS-V. My wife drives an 03 CTS and I also have an 03 Z06.

Anyways, when I bought the V the buttons were peeling off of the NAV a little and the DVD Nav was scratched so bad it would not work. I just had the NAV replaced under Warranty and bought a NAV DVD. I just tested it and am stuck in Michigan so would love to get a hold of this disk, I will shoot off an email.

I look forward to spending some time on this forum.

Andy

#177 ·
heavymetals...could you email me details about the disk as well? I can't PM yet. my email is mattcass@vt.edu. thanks in advance.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.