Navigation system update (firmware) - Page 8
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Navigation system update (firmware) in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Firmware arrived as promised. Installed and shipped the CD back. recommended! CADCTSV, CA...
    SoulRebel is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS-V

Re: Navigation system update (firmware)

Firmware arrived as promised. Installed and shipped the CD back.
    recommended!

CADCTSV, CA

ctsvett is offline FAQ is your Friend
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

SEND THEM BACK.... IT IS SO not "this forum" like for people not to follow directions like this... Is this place going to crap when people cant just place the fix in the self addressed stamped envelope PROVIDED??

Reed

50 4Ever is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V (Thunder Grey)

Quote Originally Posted by ctsvett View Post
    SEND THEM BACK.... IT IS SO not "this forum" like for people not to follow directions like this... Is this place going to crap when people cant just place the fix in the self addressed stamped envelope PROVIDED??

Reed
    I agree with you Reed. If I was in your position I would not allow then on the forum until the flash has been returned. This service saved me over $900 (which is what the dealer wanted to charge me).

lunarx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 Mallett 427 CTS-V, 10 E63 AMG

Quote Originally Posted by 50 4Ever View Post
    I agree with you Reed. If I was in your position I would not allow then on the forum until the flash has been returned. This service saved me over $900 (which is what the dealer wanted to charge me).

Dealer wanted to charge you $900 for a NAV Reflash?
    If that's the case, my belief that dealers are crooks (and think we must be stupid) is bieng reconfirmed.

Perhaps this thread should list who disks are out to, so that their timeline for return is made public.
    People might be more motivated to return disks if they know the entire forum is counting how many days it takes them to return the disks.

Also, asking for larger security deposits might help also.
    I guess anything less than $900 would be a bargian.

heavymetals is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 05 maggied CTS-V, 03 maggied Z06

The "policy" is gonna be changed for sure.

There has been a distinct change in the makeup of the forum (both CTS and V).

Reed and I assumed that the V (and the CTS) owners were "close knit" enough on the forum that they would appreciate what was offered and be more then happy to return the disc as you only need to run the doggone thing once.

Obviously, some forum members thought so and donated their disc to the FAQ library.

Others, whether they are a forum member or not, thought that they needed to keep the disc (screw everybody else, I got mine mindset).

I am not gonna keep flogging this (maybe I will cuz it pisses me off!), but I want to make it clear that the people who screwed all the newcomers who need this succeeded.

Intellex is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Has anyone posted an ISO of the nav disc?

AAIIIC is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

Are there any discs still "in service", or have they all disappeared into someone's junk drawer never to be seen again? I bought an '05 a couple weeks ago and don't even have a map disc, so I'm not sure if I need the firmware update. From what I've gathered if I buy the update map disc from www.gmnavdisc.com I'll need to update the firmware to use the updated disc, right?

Thanks!
    '05 Stealth Grey CTS-V, Hyper Silver Linea Corse Venetos w/Continental ExtremeContact DWs (summer), black Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 wheels with 275/35-18 R-compounds (track), Hyperblack Rota Torques (winter), KW Variant3s, V2 front brakes, Hotchkis rear sway bar, EPS cam, TEA-ported 243 heads, FAST92 intake w/LS2 TB, JBA Camaro/G8 1-3/4" shorty headers w/JBA cat pipes, Corsa exhaust, UUC motor and tranny mounts, UUC shifter, MAPerformance trailing arms, Specter cradle bushings, etc...

There is a flash Cd in the library, but the policy has changed.

PM sent.

AAIIIC is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by 50 4Ever View Post
    Got the flash and went to update the CTS-V and the flash was kicked out so the Nav unit did not need to be updated.
    I got the flash disc from heavymetals today. When I put it in, it spins up and thinks for a minute, then says across the bottom of the screeen "No applicable program found" (or something like that). It didn't eject the disc on its own, though - I waited another minute or two and then ejected it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by AAIIIC View Post
    I bought an '05 a couple weeks ago and don't even have a map disc, so I'm not sure if I need the firmware update. From what I've gathered if I buy the update map disc from www.gmnavdisc.com I'll need to update the firmware to use the updated disc, right?
    My proper location came up (not in Michigan ) and I was able to program in a few POIs that are in New England.

So I guess all this means I didn't need the reflash? It'll be in the mail on Monday to head back to heavymetals.
    '05 Stealth Grey CTS-V, Hyper Silver Linea Corse Venetos w/Continental ExtremeContact DWs (summer), black Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 wheels with 275/35-18 R-compounds (track), Hyperblack Rota Torques (winter), KW Variant3s, V2 front brakes, Hotchkis rear sway bar, EPS cam, TEA-ported 243 heads, FAST92 intake w/LS2 TB, JBA Camaro/G8 1-3/4" shorty headers w/JBA cat pipes, Corsa exhaust, UUC motor and tranny mounts, UUC shifter, MAPerformance trailing arms, Specter cradle bushings, etc...

CTSDreams is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

I have been away from the forum for some time and just recently came back. I have a 2006 CTS-V and so far have not had any problems with my GPS. IS this upgrade something I need to get? I am suppose to get two free DVD updates from Cadillac, so won't that take care of any upgrade issues? and shouldn't Cadillac be responsible for the firmware upgrade under the warrenty?

You don't need to do anything.

Some dealers are CLUELESS when it comes to the Nav.

Rockafella is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 Cadillac CTS-V

Heavymetals,

Have you considered numbering the discs so that you know which discs you get back? I don't know if you received the disc that I sent back or if it was lost in the mail. If it was numbered you and I would know for sure. Just a thought.

Keep up the good work. This service is a great asset to forum members.

vmoving is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Hey guys! I have a 04 with 21k and have done no upgrades to my NAV. My street was built two years ago and it is not on my current map.(Very aggravating) Will this flash help me or do I just need a updated map?

You need both.

PM me

vmoving is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Hey Heavy, is there any way to get those from here. PM me please if you can help.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.