Cadillac Owners Forum banner
180K views 466 replies 188 participants last post by  04caddyv 
#1 ·
Due to a aquisition I expect in the next few days, the Navigation flash/firmware DVD will be available to all CTS-V/ CTS owners. Few points of clarity:

This is NOT an updated Map dvd. This disc will update the bios firmware on your dvd system allowing you to USE updated discs (from cadillac, zenrin, etc). It will also get rid of the "stuck in michigan" issue that some had with updated discs.

The update is provided AT YOUR OWN RISK. You apparently can mess up your nav system if you dont do the update correctly. So if you mess up your nav system cause you didnt follow directions, its on YOU!

This is not a illegal disc or pirate firmware. It is the actual Cadillac firmware for this nav system distributed by cadillac.

We are not violating any copyright laws as we are not copying the material, and presumably, everyone is entitled to the system firmware update (E-mail me if you disagree). We are NOT sending you a copy of the disc, just sending you a disc to update the firmware, and then you MUST to mail it back (see below)

Here is what is required:
1. You must e-mail me (ctsvett@verizon.net) with the subject "nav firmware dvd". Include your name, forum name, mailing address, and phone number.
2. You will be required to pay for shipping/postage and place a deposit on the disc in case you do not return it (the deposit may be as high as $200 to secure the DVD- we have to replace it if you dont send it back). All payment will be made via paypal (if your paypal address is different than the e-mail you send from, include that in the e-mail to me as well!).
3. If you are not a donater to the FAQ or if you are not a supporting member on this forum, you may not want to send me an e-mail (I will be happy to explain why that is if someone wants to know).

We will be making a list of those interested in this flash and sending the disc around according to a priority list that we will make.

The disc will ship to the first person once we receive it (fingers crossed by the early next week).

Any questions, e-mail me or heavymetals.

Reed

See less See more
#182 ·
Just wondering if you got the disk back ok Lynden. Thanks again.

#184 ·
My dealer flashed my NAV just by asking them.. they seem reasonably cool compared to a lot that I've read around here, but it might not hurt to ask especially if people still have a warranty. Skips the need to ship back and forth and wait for your turn in line to come up.

#186 ·
e-mail sent for firmwire disc

#190 ·
Ok...I'm trying to figure out if I need to do this firmware update. I've got an 04 cts-v. I'm planning on buying the updated nav disc form GM NavDISC in the next month. I don't have any problems entering locations or getting "stuck in Michigan". Do I need to go ahead and flash it anyways? What benefit will I get out of it if I'm not having any problems? I did some reading in this thread but 20 pages is alot.

#200 ·
Reed and Heavymetals,

OK I am just a brand new registered member, will be paying the fee I guess, but I don't know much now. I started reading this because I have a 2005 CTS-V and my navigation hasn't got a lot of the newer neighborhoods in it now, how do I update it exactly? I want to do that but you've confused me with this forem, it sounds like if I just bought a update disk for it, my car wouldn't work right with it? What steps do all of us 2 or 3 year old CTS-V owners go about to update our navigation systems with all the latest streets and stores?

Thanks,

Jkramer

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.