Navigation system update (firmware) - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Navigation system update (firmware) in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Never got the card in the mail, but called them up and was shipped a DVD at no cost right ...
    SwampFox is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

Re: Navigation system update (firmware)

Never got the card in the mail, but called them up and was shipped a DVD at no cost right away. Received it yesterday. Part number on the disk: 25813529. Takes longer after i agree, but seems fine otherwise. When I start traveling again I will have a better idea on how much updating was done.

Jon
    Jon is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 09 CTS Premium 6 Speed, 04 CTS 3.6L, 2014 ATS 2.0T

My dealership did it for me today. Just drove up there, my service advisor put the disc in, took about 10 minutes and I was on my way.

For those in Ontario, Highland Chevrolet Cadillac in Aurora kicks ass!!!

wildwhl is offline Cadillac Owners Master

I received a *circulating* disk yesterday, and 15 minutes later had it back in the mail to the rightful owner!

Thank you gents!

WW

StealthViggen is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

I am in need of the Disk. Is the process still to email reed?

heavymetals is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 05 maggied CTS-V, 03 maggied Z06

I don't know WTF is with some people, but I sure would appreciate it if they would use the SASE and return the flash CD's.

They are of no use once you flash your unit, but are of great use to someone who hasn't!

zozmanCTS-V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

I'm here to report that the Infiniti-Nissan 6.5 (November, 2006 release) navigation DVD works in my 2005 V. This is after the installation of the Cadillac program CD-Rom that Lynden sent me. All you airheads that ask to borrow the program disc and upgrade your system then do not return it are making it hard for others to share in this application. Anyway, maybe Reed can answer this question: I also received a Infiniti-Nissan Program CD-Rom with my DVD. Is this the same applicable update firmware as the Cadillac firmware update?

Randy

The update (flash) you received will not work for the CTS nav system.

Map DVD yes.

ctsvett is offline FAQ is your Friend
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

I'll post it here since I already e-mailed those who received it...

Here was the e-mail I sent to those who received the update from heavymetals:
    ----------------

Guys,

Heavymetals sent out a disc to a few of you guys for the nav firmware flash. We had 3 discs and we now only have 1. Two people have NOT returned the disc to him. He asked me to remind you guys that if you have it, you need to return it.
    If we donít get these back, I canít tell you guys how disappointed I will be since I not only guaranteed these discs to him and the original owners of the discs, but disappointed in general that I cannot trust the people who I send e-mails to and post with on the forums. It will make me reconsider future projects and services that the FAQ offers.
    If you have a firmware disc that Heavy metals sent out to you and you have not yet returned it, please do so now. If you have any questions, please e-mail me.
    Thanks,
    Reed

-----

Listen to heavy and return it using the Self Addressed Stamped Evenlope.. It doesnt get much easier!!!

Reed

StealthViggen is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

Just got mine from Lynden today. Ran it about 15 mins ago. Worked like a charm! No more stuck in michigan! Thanks so much. I'll send it out in the morning. This forum is a great place!

G--
    G-- is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V Black;08 Yukon Denali

Quote Originally Posted by StealthViggen View Post
    Just got mine from Lynden today. Ran it about 15 mins ago. Worked like a charm! No more stuck in michigan! Thanks so much. I'll send it out in the morning. This forum is a great place!
    Ditto, and took almost 10 min on the dot. Thanks Lynden & Reed! Disk is in the mail for pickup tomorrow.

RunningOnEMT is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 05 Redline CTS-V

just a question and a mod can delete this if its in the wrong place...how can i tell if this mod has been done?

You can tell if your system needs to be flashed by trying to enter a destination with a new map DVD.

If your "stuck in Michigan", you need the flash.

This is explained in the first post of this thread.

RockinV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac Redline CTS-V

I still have the original map disk that came with my early model 2005 CTS-v. I am getting real close to getting the newest map disk ver. since almost everywhere I go there are discrepancieswith my maps, ie missing streets, whole neighborhoods. ect..
    Can anyone direct me to the most inexpensive place to find the newest map disk that will work in the CTS-v system? What is the newest version number?

I am thinking that once I buy an upgraded map disk that I will definitely need this firmware update installed.

My understanding is that the correct process is still to email CTSVETT...and then to pay for shipping via Paypal...the initial post also mentioned a deposit for the disk....I am guessing that that will be returned via paypal after he disk is mailed back?
    Thanks for all the info

G--
    G-- is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V Black;08 Yukon Denali

Quote Originally Posted by RockinV View Post
    I still have the original map disk that came with my early model 2005 CTS-v. I am getting real close to getting the newest map disk ver. since almost everywhere I go there are discrepancieswith my maps, ie missing streets, whole neighborhoods. ect..
    Can anyone direct me to the most inexpensive place to find the newest map disk that will work in the CTS-v system? What is the newest version number?

I am thinking that once I buy an upgraded map disk that I will definitely need this firmware update installed.

My understanding is that the correct process is still to email CTSVETT...and then to pay for shipping via Paypal...the initial post also mentioned a deposit for the disk....I am guessing that that will be returned via paypal after he disk is mailed back?
    Thanks for all the info
    RockinV - Email Reed (CTSVETT) with the appropriate info he needs (see first post) and all your questions will be answered...
    Reed & Lynden Rock!

zozmanCTS-V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by RockinV View Post

Thanks for all the info
    The Infiniti-Nissan 6.x versions will work in your CTS-V. There is a 6.3 version on ebay dirt cheap. Move up reasonably to the updated maps. The Cadillac ones cost too much.

Randy

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.