Navigation system update (firmware) - Page 19
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Navigation system update (firmware) in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; You cannot use that flash disc....
    Houdini is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V 6MT, 2007 CTS-V (Sold)

Re: Navigation system update (firmware)

You cannot use that flash disc.

veee8 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

Hey guys, I just picked up an 04 V on Saturday. I absolutely love the car so far.
    My issue with the nav unit, I am hoping I can get some help with. The map disc is version 6.0 with a copyright of 2002, I dont know if it is the proper one or not? I do plan on getting the current disc asap.
    While messing around with it, and seeing the writeup about holding down the combination of buttons to unlock the dvd to use while driving, I did the factory reset, not sure if that was a bad thing.
    But regarding the nav, it showed my location of being in LA California, but I was in west virginia, heading back to N.C.
    Checking in the GPS info tab, showed a message "not in range" and no info under the long/lat etc...
    I am assuming that is why the nav doesnt work right, because it cant tell where I am at. It does show the vehicle moving.
    Any ideas, is a firmware and map disc required from a factory reset?
    Thanks!

heavymetals is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 05 maggied CTS-V, 03 maggied Z06

Firmware edits the bios of the nav so a reset doesn't do anything.

Sounds like your gps antenna is disconnected.

veee8 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

Where is the gps antenna located? Is it strictly used for gps?

Quote Originally Posted by veee8 View Post
    Where is the gps antenna located? Is it strictly used for gps?
    It is only for the GPS and is on the back of the radio/nav unit.

Small SMA type connector.

PrelateBishop is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Even though my new disc worked for approx. a month, I too am now stuck in Michigan. E-mail on its way.

jaskel is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 Maggied CTS-V

Is this still available? I just spoke with a local cadillac dealership, and I cannot begin to even explain how clueless they truly were, they kept insisting that since my original 04 disk was working, that my updated disc had to be incorrect, even though it would run fine till it came to programming an address...

Still available.

KeyzV is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Silver 04 CTS-V

I would like to update my Nav, Got new 6.8 disk coming. Email Sent

paul3230 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 Cadillac CTS-V

Hey guys,

Same here. I have a 2004 V and just updated to the new 6.8 disk and I'm getting the "stuck in Michigan" issue. I'll shoot you an email heavymetals to get in cue behind KeyzV

BQuicksilver is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 ESV, 2005 CTS

Add me to the line as well. PM sent.

David Bonacci is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS

Hi Folks. I have an 08 CTS. I had issues with the Nav System since Day 1, so I purchased an upgrade disc (App Version 2.50.0000; Database 14.73.7.030308.24) about a year ago. I continued to have the same issues:

-in general it's extremely slow (especially when entering characters on the non-ascii keypad)
    -the voice recognition is completely useless (never understands what I'm saying)
    -sometimes I don't hear any verbal directions when driving to a destination (verbal prompts volume is turned up)
    -sometimes the system tells me that the nearest POI is 1800 mil away when in fact its within 5 miles

So I brought it in to the dealer yesterday. They reproduced the issues and said the entire radio had to be replaced (under warranty). Unfortunately, they loaded a very old App Version (1.04.0000) and Database (8.63.12.022807.19) on it.

Questions:
    1. Can I use the update disc that I already have to get back to App Version 2.50? I have a new radio, and therefore a new radio ID. I am thinking that the update disc is keyed for only one radio ID, but I'm not sure.

2. If I can't use this disc that I already have, can I get the dealer to update it for me for free? After all, I spent $200 on the update disc.

3. What is the latest App Version and Database Version for an 08 CTS? It sounds like 3.03.0100 might be the latest App Version. Not sure about the Database vesion. Is it worthwhile upgrading? IMO the entire system is not very user friendly.

Thanks in advance for any advice / assistance you can provide!
    Dave

kevm14 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 Stealth Gray CTS-V

Is this still going? Is there a newer firmware? Why do some people's system's appear to be "broken" by the update? Is there any level of risk assuming the flash itself works properly?

Any harm in updating the firmware and not using the updated maps DVD right away?

Oh, and my car came with a 2007 DVD. It is an "early" 2005 I think, but I also found an updated firmware CD in the glove box. Maybe I should compare version numbers. I may not need this at all.

EDIT: Ok, I have the disc in front of me. It says it is a software update disc for a 2005 (production earlier than Feb 2005), and also says it must be used before using the new 2007 map DVD.
    On the front in the sleeve/cover it says it is GM P/N 15269177 or Delphi 28022339. Is there something newer?

There is no "newer" update, and no one has reported damage from using the upgrade (where did you get that from?).

The update is specific to the Cad and other firmware updates will not work (Nissan/Infinity) although their map disc will work.

If you want to donate the flash disc to the library it would be appreciated as one was just returned broken in half.

kevm14 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 Stealth Gray CTS-V

I didn't know if new firmware was an annual thing. Sounds like it's a SINGLE update for 04s and early 05s, and I already have it. Thanks.

I will consider donating after I bring my car for its final service under CPO, which may involve a new nav head for peeling buttons, so I want to hang onto it for the time being.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.