Navigation system update (firmware) - Page 17
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 32 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Navigation system update (firmware) in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; While I'm waiting for Heavy Metal to respond to my email, anyone know a quick fix of why the nav ...
    Matth3w is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

Re: Navigation system update (firmware)

While I'm waiting for Heavy Metal to respond to my email, anyone know a quick fix of why the nav even after update is stuck at LAX?

Bump. I'd like to send the nav update disc back today but I'm not sending it until I figure out why my car is stuck at LAX.

Another funny thing is the search in thread function obviously doesn't work. I hit LAX and it said it returned zero results. Same with "los" and same with "angeles" and any combination of the capital letter no capital letter spelling of them all (ie - lax, LAX, Angeles, angeles, etc).

heavymetals is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 05 maggied CTS-V, 03 maggied Z06

You need to drive the car a few hundred feet (outside) so the GPS can reset.

The Boss V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005Cadillac CTS-V, 1966 Chevy Chevelle, 1990 Chevy Stepside

What is current nav disc for a 2005 Cts V they say part #09320NA but it looks like its for a 2009 cts v???????

Vee
    Vee is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

I have been having a problem with my nav...My 1st disk stopped working, probably due to a few scratches (came with the car I bought used). I bought a brand new disk less than a year ago, but now it has stopped working. If you look at the disk it looks brand-spankin'-new without any scratches at all. One day it became intermittant, then the next it just stopped altogether.

I also have what I believe to be flash disk, and was hoping to get confirmation...It is a Yellow disk "Software Update Disk" GM p/n 15269176.

Also, my service tech told me a while back (before I baught a replacement nav disk) that the Nav disks were very "delicate". Are disks by other compatible companies less likely to stop working for no apparent reason?

I just re-flashed with this yellow disk, and still nothing. The DVD still read the flash disk, and still reads movie DVD's.....What gives?

One more thing...From the moment I put the new nav disk in almost a year ago, it was NEVER removed untill it stopped working.

My screen reads "Disk Error" when I press the nav button.

You might try the original map disc if you have it.

Sometimes the nav unit will just cough and puke on the map disc.

RockinV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac Redline CTS-V

I was going to do the firmware update a couple years back when this thread started, but have since moved to Hawaii from Cali. ...(And since the nav dvds don't work here, it was low on my priority.) So I never got in on the deal where everyone was sharing the update disk.
    If anyone still has one, could you please mail it to me (I will reimburse mailing expenses via paypal if you like)
    I will use it right away and send it back or forward it to the next person. Mahalo

greddy91 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

FYI - The Nav Disk says on the front of it something to the effect of "to be used on units installed in cars manufactured February 2005 and prior"

I donated to Heavy's firmware fund for no reason other than the satisfaction of learning that fact and then sharing it now.

For the record... I also learned that the Navteq 6.7 DVD used in Inifiniti/Nissan vehicles is fully compatible with our Nav units. Consequently if one were to buy this disk and make a fully functional image of it for safe keeping; that image of said DVD is a bit over 7GB and can be burned to a DVD-DL disk with relative ease.

Quote Originally Posted by greddy91 View Post
    ... I also learned that the Navteq 6.7 DVD used in Inifiniti/Nissan vehicles is fully compatible with our Nav units.
    Hey greddy,
    Do you have one of the Navteq disks?...Do you happen to know if Hawaii is included coverage area?

When I moved here two years ago Hawaii wasn't covered...
    I'm not sure if there anything is out there that will work as of now.
    ...If anyone has any info, it would be appreciated.

greddy91 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by RockinV View Post
    Hey greddy,
    Do you have one of the Navteq disks?...Do you happen to know if Hawaii is included coverage area?

When I moved here two years ago Hawaii wasn't covered...
    I'm not sure if there anything is out there that will work as of now.
    ...If anyone has any info, it would be appreciated.
    I'll check if I can plug in a hawaiian address when I get home guy... I wonder if it will let us just scroll 1200 miles southwest into the ocean??? :-)

Yeqon is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Raven CTS-V (Lillith)

I have ran the yellow upgrade disc of my own and it doesn't seem to help me out. My upgrade nav disc still sits and spins in the dvd player. So maybe I haven't taken enough time to figure it out. But my Nav also always resets to California when I take the disc out.... I am in Minneapolis. Any ideas? Is this a different upgrade disc. If so I would love to know because I am using the 2004 Nav even though I have the 2006.

The reset to Calif is just the way it is.

If you drive the car outside for a few hundred feet the GPS will reset to your location.

bneal1022 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, K&N, Borla, short throw w/ Holden knob, hotchkis

I've got an 05 V and need to update from my original dvd which is like 2003. Nothing shown built in the last 6 years. I likely have the original firmware in my unit. Does anyone have a clear process for what I need to do? I have been reading all morning and am now only more confused. Does anyone have a firmware update and clear instructions, and a "recent" nav disk I can try and send it all back to you with a token of my appreciation via paypal? If someone has a backup disk that works I am willing to try. please pm me.

Hey Heavy,
    Got the upgrade disk today and uploaded it:
    Put it in and it loaded the new program just fine,
    ...But then it went to: "Loading Voice Guidance Data" and the progress bar was red instead of blue.... when it finished it ejected the disk and said "Program Loading Completed". (I had to put in the Nav disk for that screen to go away.)
    Then just out of curiosity, I put the upgrade disk back in to see if it would just eject it, but it didn't... it did the whole loading sequence all over again... Is that normal? I was expecting it to just spit it back out if it had the new program.
    Well I didn't do it any more, I just put the disk into the SAE and got it back in the mail and on it's way back to you. Thanks a bunch for sending it out so quick and making it so easy to return.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.