Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Mazda Driving Event in DC

672 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Road Racer Jim 
#1 ·
So I went to this "zoom-zoom" event to have some fun in some miatas out at FedEx field and saw another V there (black/tan). I parked 1 space away from it with a corvette in between us. Anyone on here?

The even was decent, none of the cars really compare to a V, but the miatas are fun to toss around. This was also one of the few events I've been to where they let you drive manual cars. They had manuals available for the RX-8, Miata, and MazdaSpeed 6 (275hp, AWD).

It was nice getting back in to my car and appreciating it a little bit more. By the time I left, the other V was gone.

My critique:

MazdaSpeed 6
Decent car, a little heavier feeling than the Evo and STi, decent power, not much turbo lag, but understeers like a pig.

RX-8
Nice car, fun to drive, but looks nicer than it performs, a little less umph than expected acompanied by understeer.

MX-5
This car is a joy to drive as always, a little larger than the older miatas, but still fairly light weight and tossable. The rear end steps out when you want it to, and it very easy to control. This was the highlight of the event. I need to go check out the Saturn Sky now.

See less See more
#2 ·
Howdy V-Ape,

I was driving the Black / Tan V parked one spot down from you at the Mazda event. I bought the car one month ago and have been having a blast. I guess this goes in a new member thread, but the V is by far exceeding my expectations (which were high to begin with). Every time my wife or I go for a spin we come back grinning. After I look at your car and saw the BMR Anti-Hop and Corsa exhaust I mentioned to the people I was with that someone would probably post about two V's on the cadillac forums.

I had a pretty good time at the various drving events. It was also cool to talk with Stu Hayner - he runs Speedvision and Grand Am races in big V8 race cars. (Mustang in one and GTO in the other)

Are you headed to the GM Rev it Up event at FedEx field in a couple weeks? I am 50/50 on making if down - I have a road race car to put back together before Labor Day weekend.

Jim

#6 ·
I did rev it up this last weekend and it was a blast! beat the snot out of some cars, did pretty poorly on the competition track, but it's to be expected for my first time ever doing an autoX course.

v-ape, RevItUpRacing.com 2006 | Presented by Chevrolet | Win A Brand New Cobalt SS. You can sign up and do everything on line before you get there. My one suggestion, they say show up 10 minutes before you're supposed to, I would suggest at least 30-45 minutes so you can wander around, drive some of the cars in the "SS Drive Center" or attend the 101 and 201 racing courses.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.