Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Unofficial CTS-V Picture Thread

481K views 755 replies 254 participants last post by  06ctsv1 
#1 ·
Let's see some pictures of these bad boys. I've been looking for pictures, but they are scattered through the forum.

Everyone, post them here!

This post has been deleted
#71 ·
Introducing "The Don V". Coming to a street or highway near you. It is my new daily driver / bizness car and I travel the US about 50k per year earnin a livin and looking out for clubs and cruise ins.

Album link: http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v448/boilrmkr/CTS-V/?start=0

If anyone wants wallpaper sized copies send me your email addy.

#73 ·
Thanks! It was fun taking those at a friend's house last week while still basking in the "new car" glow.:bigroll:

On another forum I'm the Official Night Shift File Snatcher. I have a knack for snaggin everything about something that interests me. And since buyin The Don V I've been snaggin pretty regular. There's some great caddy stuff out there.

#74 · (Edited by Moderator)
Thanks! It was fun taking those at a friend's house last week while still basking in the "new car" glow.:bigroll:

On another forum I'm the Official Night Shift File Snatcher. I have a knack for snaggin everything about something that interests me. And since buyin The Don V I've been snaggin pretty regular. There's some great caddy stuff out there.

Is that an old Chrysler Desoto or Imperial in the background?

Maybe some photo tips from an old professional photographer, if I may.

* Look past your subject and review the background. I saw a number
of trash cans in some photos. You're showing off your car so try to eliminate parts of other cars and background junk. Close your garage doors so we aren't distracted by its contents.

* Avoid "Back lighting". Have the sun behind you. If you don't the camera gets fooled and over compensates. Your car will look dark, contrasty and a bit washed out. BTW Black cars are difficult to shoot. It seems to lose detail and is often contrasty.

* Think about your photo staging for your back drop. As you saw, some guys had some fantastic backgrounds! At the same time if the background is to dramatic and busy it can take away from the subject, your car. I saw some nice pics with large commercial buildings in the background. That can look very good. But be careful that the background is so big that it diminishes the size of your car and the building becomes the focus of the picture..not the car.

* Cell photo photos really suck. Wait until you can use a better camera so you can better show off your Cadillac.

I'm just trying to share my experience here and surely not intending to put anyone down. If you look at Sal's Calendar pics you will see some outstanding photos. I'm looking forward to receiving mine.

#75 · (Edited)
No offense taken. I ain't old enough yet to believe I know it all so I appreciate all input. Got some more tips?

Just a lil background on the "photo shoot". My picture is in the dictionary as a description under amateur photographer (with a new camera that has more buttons and settings than I know what to do with). Completely spur of the moment. My friend travels extensively and only Winter's at the house so I was surprised to see him home when I was driving by that day. I believed it was a big enough imposition to ask him to put up the guard dogs, turn off the alarms and let me take pics so I didn't go so far as to ask him to move his cars, trash cans, etc. or if I could come back at a different time of day.

Yes, that's a '55 Imperial. Completely original. Quite a looker. Obviously a Northern car evidenced by some minor rust here and there. The interior looked like it was still in the showroom. I never know what he's gonna come up with next.

#83 ·
I love those Mallett rims. The whole combo, black, gunmetal, with silver calipers. Sweet. If it sounds like the one in the video on the Mallett website..... MMMMMMMMMMM

#84 ·
Here's a few newbeee shots of the fastest colored V. :)

Attachments

#87 ·
:yup: Here you go maybe this angle will help..... Surely you recognize it now. :dance7:

Attachments

#86 · (Edited)
Seems so long ago.

#90 ·
Well if this doesn't work, I don't know what will.

Attachments

#92 ·
Are those the millies on there? what is that floating landing strip back there?

#93 ·
Yup, they're the Mille Miglias. They came on the car, along with Dunlop WinterSport M3s - in August! Hence the GM accessory wheels (shipped by Lindsay yesterday) and new tires (already sitting in my garage waiting for the wheels).

There are actually 2 floating landing strips back there - the SARATOGA (CV-60) and the FORRESTAL (CV-59).

thebigjimsho said:
There. So screw your precious bandwidth...
It has nothing to do with bandwidth. Your comment was referring to pictures in the post immediately before your reply, thus there was no need to quote the pictures. You would have made your point better if you had just posted your smartass comment rather than needlessly repeating what we had already been shown.