Unofficial CTS-V Picture Thread - Page 19
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 46 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast
Like Tree52Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Unofficial CTS-V Picture Thread in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Nice! You did a pretty nice job man! I shoulda held on to the set I had and shipped them ...
    CTSV_510 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '06 Z06, '05 CTS-V 453rwhp/434rwtq (sold)

Re: Unofficial CTS-V Picture Thread

Nice! You did a pretty nice job man! I shoulda held on to the set I had and shipped them down to you so you could cut em for me!

Oh well, Mystical Ice is enjoying them now...

ctsv154 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V with a little hp persuasion device

now you just need to clean up the routing a bit so you can see the FRC's!

rangerrob is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 Black Diamond CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by ctsv154 View Post
    I like the maggie! Mine is getting close. And your engine looks funny with only one frc! Hurry up and get that thing on or take the other off lol
    154, definitely awaiting your V to be finished, on edge to see how it turns out along with the numbers! do you have an ETA on it being finished?

shadybx7 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Platinum CTS V-Headers+3in pipes

Quote Originally Posted by rangerrob View Post
    154, do you have an ETA on it being finished?

Cowan480 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by ctsv154 View Post
    now you just need to clean up the routing a bit so you can see the FRC's!
    No Way!! Im done with this project!! If you come to V-Day I'll let you fix them...

Tom-If you send me a set, I'll cut them up for you!!!

MauiV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Tis Gone :(

Cowan, Im going to need to know the mailing address so I know where to send my FRCs. Ive got a crisp $5 right here with your name on it!!!!

My plumbing is over the top like yours to keep the hose from pinching on the bottom side.

Twitch is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V, '00 SLS, 98 SLS, 89 Eldo, '80 Eldo

Quote Originally Posted by Cowan480 View Post
    Mission Accomplished!!!!!

I fought with these fuel rail covers for almost 5 hrs

This is honestly the hardest mod I have ever attempted on my life, however I think is was well worth it. I basically had to move everything including all the hoses like 50 time each...

MauiV- as for the template I do not think anyone want mine!!! haha.... Randy sent me some pics and was very helpful, but his hoses were run completely different than mine, so I do not think we could have a universal template for the maggie install.

Special thanks to Randy and Tom for the help. This MOD was a complete pain in the a$$!! All in all it was worth it!! If you notice the covers sitting wrong dont pay any attention because they aren’t crooked.. lol
    Looks good. Was the hard part the cutting, or moving the hoses? Did you have to disconnect the fuel line? Hate doing that. That's why I bought Heavys fire extinguisher bracket. Doesn't look like you had to cut that much more than a stocker.

Quote Originally Posted by MauiV View Post
    Cowan, Im going to need to know the mailing address so I know where to send my FRCs. Ive got a crisp $5 right here with your name on it!!!!

My plumbing is over the top like yours to keep the hose from pinching on the bottom side.
    PM Sent, I'll do it. Cutting is not the hard part, it's the install!! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Twitch View Post
    Looks good. Was the hard part the cutting, or moving the hoses? Did you have to disconnect the fuel line? Hate doing that. That's why I bought Heavys fire extinguisher bracket. Doesn't look like you had to cut that much more than a stocker.
    The hard part was figuring out where to cut then how to cut it then installing it around all the clutter, so I guess that means just about everything was hard. If I lined it up from hardest to easiest it would look like this:

1. figuring out where to cut and not screwing it up (and I did)

2. placing them in place around everything, then finding what else needs to be cut (like 10 times)

3. the actual cutting itself (trying to make it look decent and straight)

4. taking pictures for you guys and uploading!!

I did have to remove the "rap around" maggie fuel line that is over the top along with all of the easy to remove hoses connecting to the TB and also the inner cooler hose on the passanger side of maggie.

As for the amount of cutting don't be fooled, there was a lot. On the passanger side if you look hard I removed almost the whole "maggie fuel rail only" cover.. in other words, the lip that wraps around the maggie fuel rail is basically cut off except for a tiny bit(had problems with rubbing the CFiber pulley shaft). Cut around the rap around maggie fuel line. Cut around the whole fuel system coming from the fuel pump. Cut around the oil dip stick. Cut around some wiring harness running along the finderwell in the engine bay, and cut around two other lines running over the top of maggie.

As for the drive side cutting. it wasnt as bad but bad enough to not want to ever do it again!! but.. Cut around the rap around fuel line and Cut back the lip that covers the fuel rail system as I did on the passenger side.. I had to re route a couple of hoses on that side, after I unplugged all of them. I did not remove the fuel line on this side. If you look hard enough you can see that the driver side does not come as forward(meaning towards the front bumper) as the passenger side.. (one of my more screwed up mistakes)

I hope this make since.. It's very hard to explain.

Cowan

Phil25101 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS-V for Victory

Here are some pics of my silver bullet, and the wifes grocery getter.
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by rangerrob View Post
    154, definitely awaiting your V to be finished, on edge to see how it turns out along with the numbers! do you have an ETA on it being finished?
    99% of its done. I tried to mount the tank under the intercooler last night but it seems that the mounts on the tank are to far to the drivers side. The tank hits the washer bottle before you even get close to the mount. I was able to angle them and get them in but its not right. I need to look into that a little more. It was 10:30 last night when I hung it. Wait4me has my pcm to flash my vin into it and it should be rolling after that. I was going to paint the engine and blower but I got to impatient. lol I just want to drive the damn thing. Its been 7 months!

I've got some pics I'll post. Give me a few.

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

that is an aweful lot of work. personally i think a maggied engine looks just fine without frcs. I have seen a couple and they look good. especially if you have those magnacoils, or whatever those things are.

This is probably going to be a huge picture but its the best I can do cause the pics were on my phone and it was a big mess so you only get one! lol

I've got a lot more done since this pic but you get the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH View Post
    that is an aweful lot of work. personally i think a maggied engine looks just fine without frcs. I have seen a couple and they look good. especially if you have those magnacoils, or whatever those things are.

the dust I have to keep wiping down always got on my nervs and Im tired of wiping down the engine bay.. these will help with that..

Cowan

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.