Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Sounds like BB's hitting the windshield

1K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Z06CADY 
#1 ·
Anyone experience this? After replacing the front glass at a local shop I now get this annoying sound on the windshield. It starts somewhere around 40mph and gets progressively worse with speed and especially when passing other cars.

They did not use the same type of molding (lacks the metal) but seems like it is sealed tight. I do wonder if the all rubber seal is the problem?

Anyone????

Chris

#3 ·
Never heard of such a thing, definitely would go back and ask them to address the problem. You said, "They did not use the same type of molding (lacks the metal)..." - can you post a picture? I'm not sure I get what you mean. Whatever the case, though, if I hire some shop to replace my windshield (or any other part, for that matter), I expect it to be like factory when they're done.

#4 ·
I did try to post a pic but I am lacking in I.T. skills.

So, I did try putting the wide painting tape on the rubber seal to see if that would change the noise, but no change at all and the tape was secure in place after the test. I am thinking it is wind turbulence causing the noise after this tape test but clueless as to what has changed to cause the new noise????

Thoughts?

Attachments

#8 ·
Do you still have is noise? At the vehicle assembly plants, we would occasionally get crackling noises around the windshield due to the urethane bead not being fully cured. The noise would go away after a few days when it finished setting up. If you still have the noise, then definitely bring it back to the folks that replaced the windshield. Hope this is helpful.

#10 ·
I just noticed that on the drivers side the rubber/plastic at the bottom it is not sealed well at all. I was thinking of gluing it down to see if that make the noise go away. Did you have the wind shield replaced at the dealer or a glass shop?

Thanks for the response this is exactly the help I was hoping for.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.