CTSV questions and comments
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, CTSV questions and comments in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; OK, Cabin fever is hitting hard here in New England so I thought I'd just throw some stuff out there ...
    GNSCOTT is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

CTSV questions and comments

OK, Cabin fever is hitting hard here in New England so I thought I'd just throw some stuff out there for discussion.

Everyone is claiming under 4,000 units will be built. Does this mean for model year 2004 and they will start their new production in July, if so do you think the next V will have the LS2, maybe with an auto tranny option? I can see GM going both ways with the new ZO6 (ZO7) motor. Either putting in the CTSV, or saving it for a bigger V series model. The LS6 just fit in there, so if the motor is a big block or any bigger than the current sbc, it won't even fit.

DVD Navigation. Does this mean I can play a DVD movie in it? Is there a way to program in where you want to go and it will give you driving directions?

Still bummed about no black engine covers.

I heard Brady chose the CTSV for his Superbowl MVP prize.:coolgleam

Who the hell is paying a $10k markup for a V like everyone on Ebay states in their auction?

Did, or why didn't GM number the V's. I've always like a number car in a limited production vehicle.

Who is going to be heading up the V club of America?? (meetings at race tracks are always a great idea. )

Anyone know how much weight the sunroof adds?

Does a dealer know when the truck is coming? They told me they have no idea. I wanted to be there when it came off the trailer to make sure no one test drives it. Well and to see it come off the trailer. I know if I worked at a Caddy dealer, I'd be dying to test drive one. I hope me telling them that the car is not to be test driven, or even brought out onto the street is enough.

Why are people purchasing The cadillac brochure off Ebay when they can just get one free from Cadillac.com. OBTW it has 2 pics, one of a black v in motion with windmills in the background and one of the non exhistant black engine cover.

I know some people in here have to have their V's already. If you don't know where to post pics, send em to me and i'll make an album and post the link.

OK, I guess that enough for now. Just thought I'd try to jump start the section.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

2004_SRX_ is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: CTSV questions and comments

Quote Originally Posted by GNSCOTT

DVD Navigation. Does this mean I can play a DVD movie in it? Is there a way to program in where you want to go and it will give you driving directions?
    I can answer this one. You can only play a movie when the vehicle is not in motion. When the vehicle is moving, the movie will turn off and all buttons will be locked as well. Don't complain, it's illegal to have a movie playing in the driver's site. It's a navigation system, of course it gives directions. I am still learning all the tricks on mine, but I am pretty sure you can set it to guide you to the nearest restaurant, grocery store, etc... Or you can put in an address and it will tell you how to get there. A nice little female voice tells you where to turn and such. There are also arrows on the map on the screen. It is a nice thing to have, same with OnStar. I never really hear it getting credit, but it's a great invention. And the built in phone. Voice activated everything... I love my SRX.

GNSCOTT is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: CTSV questions and comments

Thanks for the info. I wasn't sure (and am still not) how you can type in a destination with no keyboard though.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.