Ebay CTS-V's
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Ebay CTS-V's in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Just thought we should occasionally monitor ebay for these gems. Post links to the ebay listings in this thread. URL, ...
    benjet is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Ebay CTS-V's

Just thought we should occasionally monitor ebay for these gems.
    Post links to the ebay listings in this thread.

URL, Ebay Item#, Location, VIN and any other notes -

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=43903

Philly, PA 1G6DN57SX40155977 Black/Black (no pics) - supposedly available immediately (but no pics?)

Los Angeles, CA Black/Black (using old ebay photos) - supposedly available immediately (but no real pics?)

NY Black/Black 1G6DN57S140153101 (stock GM photos)

Please add more as you find them....

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Playdrv4me is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2008 Mini Cooper Clubman S

Re: Ebay CTS-V's

Cool! Definitely might be an opportunity to pick one up at a great price, BUT then maybe not, the fact that ebay is a place where pricing is decided by what people are WILLING to pay, can sometimes work backwards in very rare circumstances, and you just might be better off at your own dealer after the whole thing is said and done

BTW!,I just found an AWESOME loophole in Ebays direct link with AutoCheck. If you take one of the links above and replace the VIN number shown with a different VIN number, you can get the discounted ebay price of 4.99 for THAT VIN and check a History Report for that vehicle. So much for those thieves charging 20 bucks a pop (at least that what CarFax charges almost).

JEM
    JEM is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

The CTS-V seems to be attracting a fair degree of 'buzz', though I don't think the current state of the economy will support the kind of frenzy that had some people paying $15-20K over MSRP for M5s in late '99 and early '00.

May not stop a few dealers from trying to get something extra, but hopefully cars should be available at no worse than MSRP with a little shopping.

Funny, here in the SF Peninsula, in the year or so that the current E55 and Jag S-type R have been available, I've seen exactly two of each. It's a different world now.

Yeah but here in the SF Bay Area we have a few dealers GETTING +$10k over (MRSP) and some are asking +$30k over for the V, finding one locally at or <MSRP may get difficult.

As I was looking at the Jag S-TypeR (before common sense prevailed - and the CTS won over my next car purchase)...I tend to spot alot of them locally. The E55 blends in to the background to much for me to notice.

-Ben

Oh yea 30k over is stupid, no one will pay that when IMO one of the finest performance sleepers out there, the MB E55 is right about the same amount of money. Thats absolutely rediculous. The S-Type R is a beautiful car and its up there in my favorites too, but I just cant eliminate the thought that its a cross platform car with the Lincoln LS, which is a good car, but not THAT good.

Honestly the E55 is at the near top of my absolute favorite sporting sedan category right now, and I KNOW it will hold its value well because theyll be somewhat rare. The CTS-V falls right alongside it or maybe a couple of degrees below. The M5 is notches below those other three, it just doesnt have the same aura about it the M3 does and BMW knows this and thats cool with them, because its not really targeted at the same audience... for now (insert V10 intro here).

aussie2u is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by Playdrv4me
    Honestly the E55 is at the near top of my absolute favorite sporting sedan category right now, and I KNOW it will hold its value well because theyll be somewhat rare. The CTS-V falls right alongside it or maybe a couple of degrees below. The M5 is notches below those other three, it just doesnt have the same aura about it the M3 does and BMW knows this and thats cool with them, because its not really targeted at the same audience... for now (insert V10 intro here).
    Well, not exactly. I did a report this fall for the M5 board in which it showed what your $70k would get you now. Meaning, in January 2000, the supercharged Jaguar XJR, supercharged E55, and M5 were all $70k. Now 4 years later, which one had the best resale? You'd think it would probably be Mercedes, BMW, then Jaguar, right? Nope. A used BMW M5 still brings several thousands above either and holds the title as residual king. If you want to see that article, you can check it out here: http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/sho...xjr+comparison

GNSCOTT is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Well you just answered my engine cover color question. Why the hell would someone use file photos if the car is right there? If you don't have a damn digital camera, don't sell on Ebay.

JEM

Sorry, the E55 as of 2000 was the W210 349HP car, not the new one.

But for all the wonderful motor the new one's got, no one seems to like to drive it that much, the old M5 still has a better chassis. And no one likes the brakes.

The CTS-V is much closer in spirit to the M5 (good at everything if not necessarily the 'most' of anything) than to the E55 (air-suspensioned Hammer Of God.)

JEM

Quote Originally Posted by benjet
    Yeah but here in the SF Bay Area we have a few dealers GETTING +$10k over (MRSP) and some are asking +$30k over for the V, finding one locally at or <MSRP may get difficult.
    Hmmm. I guess if I decided I wanted one, then, I'd have to look elsewhere.

My M5 was ordered through a dealer in Ohio in 12/99, it was just about the most painless car buying experience of my life.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2458927146

Immediate Delivery, Real pictures.

GNSCOTT is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

No sunroof and I'll bet that interior looks pretty beat up in 2 years with 2 kids.

I ordered mine no SR (more headroom and less body flex)...interesting to note on this car the grey engine cover (again!) and Light Neutral (Tan) Interior with BLACK DOORS (WTF???)
    and no bids as of yet.
    -Ben

P.S. Thanks for posting that ebay link!

JEM

Quote Originally Posted by benjet
    I ordered mine no SR (more headroom and less body flex)...interesting to note on this car the grey engine cover (again!) and Light Neutral (Tan) Interior with BLACK DOORS (WTF???)
    If I were to get one, it'd be
    (a) silver
    (b) no sunroof (I've owned sunroof cars for twenty years, I like them but I think I'll do without next time less rattles and less wind noise)

And it looks like the black doors are standard CTS-V equipment.

No prob.

Does anyone know what happened to the steering wheels for 04??? Didnt the original steering wheel have a rotary selector type jobber on it for the Nav or Radio or something? I dont like the aluminum look on the Vs steering wheel too much actually, nor do I like what BMW considers the "sports" wheel on the sports package and M3.

Just personal taste.

Quote Originally Posted by Playdrv4me
    No prob.

Does anyone know what happened to the steering wheels for 04??? Didnt the original steering wheel have a rotary selector type jobber on it for the Nav or Radio or something? I dont like the aluminum look on the Vs steering wheel too much actually, nor do I like what BMW considers the "sports" wheel on the sports package and M3.

Just personal taste.
    I actually really liked the thumbwheel idea on the steering wheel (but I have a Sony Clie PDA which has a similiar selection tool). The steering wheel controls should be a bit different as well....I have heard a bunch of reasons why it (rotary selector) wasn't included in the V all are/were complete speculation so I wont even pass them along. I suppose I'll get used to whatever

I haven't made up my mind on liking the look of the V wheel, but I can say this the more I see the Tan (light neutral) int TOGETHER with the aluminum accents in the V the less *I* (VERY MUCH IMHO) don't care for the mix. The tan int looks good with the wood trim (IMHO). But your personal preference may be opposite of mine. YMMV.

-Ben

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.