Need Advice
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V General Discussion Discussion, Need Advice in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; I have a 2004 CTS-V that I purchased used from a Cadillac dealer in my local area. It is a ...
    chrisminshall is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Need Advice

I have a 2004 CTS-V that I purchased used from a Cadillac dealer in my local area. It is a Cadillac Certified Pre-Owned vehicle with the nice extended warranty. I was not informed of any previous damage or accidents related to the vehicle when I purchased it and it had a clear CarFax (for whatever that's worth). I just recently took my vehicle in to see about trading it in on another vehicle and was told by the dealership that the front driver-side panel looks like it had been painted and they asked me if the vehicle had been in an accident which of course it hasn't since I owned it. I decided to ask the service advisor in the service department of the Cadillac dealer (not the one I purchased from) that does my regular service whether they thought it had been painted and they also thought it had been painted as well. My question is - does anyone know whether I have legal recourse against the dealership that sold me the vehicle for selling me a possibly previously damaged/wrecked vehicle (at the very least previously painted which was undisclosed at sale and would have a major impact on re-sale value)?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! I live in the state of Missouri if that makes any difference.

Thanks,
    Chris

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

chrisminshall is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Need Advice

So, no opinions from anyone on my situation?

Quote Originally Posted by chrisminshall
    I have a 2004 CTS-V that I purchased used from a Cadillac dealer in my local area. It is a Cadillac Certified Pre-Owned vehicle with the nice extended warranty. I was not informed of any previous damage or accidents related to the vehicle when I purchased it and it had a clear CarFax (for whatever that's worth). I just recently took my vehicle in to see about trading it in on another vehicle and was told by the dealership that the front driver-side panel looks like it had been painted and they asked me if the vehicle had been in an accident which of course it hasn't since I owned it. I decided to ask the service advisor in the service department of the Cadillac dealer (not the one I purchased from) that does my regular service whether they thought it had been painted and they also thought it had been painted as well. My question is - does anyone know whether I have legal recourse against the dealership that sold me the vehicle for selling me a possibly previously damaged/wrecked vehicle (at the very least previously painted which was undisclosed at sale and would have a major impact on re-sale value)?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! I live in the state of Missouri if that makes any difference.

Thanks,
    Chris

heavymetals is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 05 maggied CTS-V, 03 maggied Z06

Painting does not have to show up on disclosure.

Doesn't mean there was damage enough (or any) to report.

lasstss is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Depends on the damage. It could have been road damage in which case the fender was spot repaired. Any frame damage even if repaired should be visible. As far as Carfax, its a lot of BS. Only reported accidents or insurance claims show up. If you smack the car up and pay for it yourself or use a small shop its never on there. If they sold it to you under the premise that it was undamaged then I would go visit them. Check you receipt disclaimers.

mostoyzwinz is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

Ditto the above. Unless you ask for it in writing, no disclosure necessary. Something about a used car salesman....

formula223 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Comes down to something knows as scienter. Did the dealership know about the damage, and fail to disclose the information to try to get you to buy the car. If they knew of the damage, like they repaired the vehicle before they sold it to you, you might have a case depending on which state you are in. If you when in Texas you would, but I don't know where you purchased you car. Good Luck.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.